How Hard to Cut for Florida?

Apologies if this belongs elsewhere. Please don’t actually rate my physique; I could do without body dysmorphia :joy:

I’m heading to the beach in 1.5 months. How hard should I cut?

First thing in AM, no flex or pump:

Post-gym:

0 = don’t cut at all, you skinny bitch
1 = cut a little bit
2 = get shripped

Am I understanding that you will be wanting to be in “good” physical condition to look good on the beach in the state of Florida?

If so, IMO, you could use more muscle a lot more than having less fat.

5 Likes

hit the beach post gym

2 Likes

Cut? Nah man you look good. If anything I would maintain or actually bulk a little.

Edit: you should bring up your leg training a little more. I bet it would help your upper body as well

3 Likes

So you’re just heading to the beach to hang out? Do whatever the heck you want. You look fine compared to typical beach goers who largely have guts hanging over their board shorts, and in all seriousness no one is going to be critiquing you anyway.

If you want more general advice beyond a beach trip, add some muscle and do some squats.

The beach eh?

1 Like

Now there’s something I hadn’t thought of before :laughing:

Honestly, though, thanks for the input.

100% know this. Been hamstrung by hip surgeries (one last year, one this year, one next year). I do machine movements but can’t really do compounds at this point of life.

1 Like

Thanks, brother. I’m never gonna be the biggest guy – been a basketball player all my life and have that structure – and that’s not my goal. I try to take the “aesthetic” route given that I’ll never be a mass monster, and I think being super lean is probably my best path there. I definitely need more muscle, though – I know :slight_smile: That’s the long-term goal for sure!

Are you wanting to pick up chicks or impress other dudes?

5 Likes

Are these mutually exclusive, or simply a tiered preference? I would consider these two scenarios:

By picking up chicks, you’ll impress other dudes.

But by impressing other dudes, you won’t necessarily pick up chicks.

3 Likes

Speaking as an old chick… he’s too skinny. I wouldn’t look at him twice. Nobody wants to lay there head on a rock. Needs bit of cushion.

5 Likes

Thanks for the perspective :slight_smile: I’m happily married. Just want to look my best and feel confident!

2 Likes

My jiu jitsu coach told me that this was the best program he ever ran in his life

1 Like

I really like this program as well. Maybe the “most fun” of the 531 programs I’ve done.

1 Like

You already look better than 90+% or people on any American beach I’ve ever been to. I wouldn’t sweat it.

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with @RT_Nomad

Never! Wear long board shorts! (Kidding)

@ChickenLittle @antiquity super interesting discussion. My wife never had any idea how fat I am (well, until a doc calls her as my point of contact…). On the other hand, I once had a gay roommate whose advice to me was consistently that I was plenty big and needed to get the flab under control. Maybe the preferences really do differ!

2 Likes

You know Phil Heath played college basketball right? As did Brian Shaw. And Hafthor played for the Icelandic national team.

Also, ‘structure’ is a bullshit reason to believe you can’t add muscle. Most of this forum has seen my ‘before’ pictures, so I won’t repost them unless I’m asked to… but suffice it to say, my structure is worse than yours, lol.

Side note: you’re going to Florida in January. You won’t be taking off your shirt. It’s not THAT warm.

2 Likes

Perhaps he’s planning on appearing on “Cops” instead

2 Likes

Fair enough, brother – silly limiting belief on my part. Appreciate you calling me out!

What I should say is, for years I wanted to become massive, and that’s no longer my goal. I’ve actually embraced the slimmer ‘athlete’ physique and am prioritizing other goals like mobility. I do want to add muscle, of course, but I’m no longer driven to add tons of it. I’d love to see your progress, though, I’m sure it’s amazing.

It feels that warm when you’re coming from Boston :slight_smile: