How Come We Never See Huge Zercher Lifts?

[quote]xjusticex2013x wrote:

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So…

1. Zerchers aren’t a good exercise FOR X PERSONALLY
  2. Zerchers are a great exercise FOR MANY OTHERS
  3. Some people who do Zerchers aren’t interested in looking like a bodybuilder
  4. Other people who do Zerchers are interested in looking like a bodybuilder and believe that Zerchers contribute to that goal
  5. Zerchers may or may not be a great tool for people with goals pertaining to size and strength

Any disagreement? Anyone?[/quote]

None.

But the OP apologized to him![/quote]

More like a “no hard feelings” type of thing. Tensions seemed pretty high in this thread, and I just wanted to clarify that I didn’t hold any animosity. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Tensions are always high. You should have seen how high strung everyone got when a guy posted a video of his friend/girl friend in powerful women. Now that was some good reading.

I like how both sides of this seemingly eternal struggle between Prof X (and posse) and Stronghold (and posse), seems to think the other side is entirely at fault.

Notice how the rest of us manage to disagree without turning it into some 15 page deathmatch? Some of you people have been here too long.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So…

4. Other people who do Zerchers are interested in looking like a bodybuilder and believe that Zerchers contribute to that goal
  5. Zerchers may or may not be a great tool for people with goals pertaining to size and strength

None.

More like a “no hard feelings” type of thing. Tensions seemed pretty high in this thread, and I just wanted to clarify that I didn’t hold any animosity. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Tensions are always high. You should have seen how high strung everyone got when a guy posted a video of his friend/girl friend in powerful women. Now that was some good reading.
[/quote]

Does this thread still exist and what is the name? I love me some T-Nation classic threads…

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
I like how both sides of this seemingly eternal struggle between Prof X (and posse) and Stronghold (and posse), seems to think the other side is entirely at fault.

Notice how the rest of us manage to disagree without turning it into some 15 page deathmatch? Some of you people have been here too long.
[/quote]

I never said the other side is entirely at fault. I said everyone posting still is…including YOU.

These fuckers do this in every single thread. They are just looking for shit to complain about at this point…which means I either deal with them coming after me all of the fucking time or quit posting.

It has NOTHING to do with what is actually written…which is why they don’t go after Iron Dwarf or anyone else saying the same things in this thread.

I am not at fault for responding in an off topic forum. They are at fault for turning me posting in an off topic forum into this same bullshit each and every time.

There are discussions that go on in the bodybuilding forum that do fine without all of this shit.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[/quote]

Exactly. That’s what I respect about guys like Meat and H4M. They come in, give their opinion and leave it at that. This “I have to get the last word” stuff is for kids.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So…

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does this thread still exist and what is the name? I love me some T-Nation classic threads…[/quote]

Get some popcorn ready. The fur really flew :slight_smile:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[/quote]

I never said the other side is entirely at fault. I said everyone posting still is…including YOU.

These fuckers do this in every single thread. They are just looking for shit to complain about at this point…which means I either deal with them coming after me all of the fucking time or quit posting.

It has NOTHING to do with what is actually written…which is why they don’t go after Iron Dwarf or anyone else saying the same things in this thread.

I am not at fault for responding in an off topic forum. They are at fault for turning me posting in an off topic forum into this same bullshit each and every time.

There are discussions that go on in the bodybuilding forum that do fine without all of this shit.

[/quote]

Yes I was referring to this thing that seems to go on constantly between you and a few other posters. It wrecks a lot of threads that might have been good reads.

Look I disagreed with your stance in this thread and I said so, I said it was dumb. That didn’t require a 4 page analysis of your personality and attacks on your character. So I agree with you there.

All I’m saying is: it’s been done and we’ve all watched it. Nobody minds a good e-fight, but fuck all these reruns.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I was referring to this thing that seems to go on constantly between you and a few other posters. It wrecks a lot of threads that might have been good reads.

Look I disagreed with your stance in this thread and I said so, I said it was dumb. That didn’t require a 4 page analysis of your personality and attacks on your character. So I agree with you there.

All I’m saying is: it’s been done and we’ve all watched it. Nobody minds a good e-fight, but fuck all these reruns.

[/quote]

I agree completely. That is why I keep saying they should put me on ignore if every fucking thing I write is so upsetting to them. They won’t.

They continue with this, and I personally am not going to let some jackasses run me off the forum for this just because they feel threatened…or whatever reason causes them to do this as if I alone am some major threat here.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So…

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does this thread still exist and what is the name? I love me some T-Nation classic threads…[/quote]

Get some popcorn ready. The fur really flew :)[/quote]

HAHA, that’s which one I thought it was. I read the first page and wow, popcorn indeed.

On another note, what the fucking fuck is going on in PW? I read some of Nikki’s log, and Jesus Christ are the claws out.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So…

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

HAHA, that’s which one I thought it was. I read the first page and wow, popcorn indeed.

On another note, what the fucking fuck is going on in PW? I read some of Nikki’s log, and Jesus Christ are the claws out.[/quote]

Well sir are you married? Do you work with a large amount of women?

And yes that thread was a Zercher thread for sure.

On another note, what the fucking fuck is going on in PW? I read some of Nikki’s log, and Jesus Christ are the claws out.[/quote]

2 things I doubt [i]I’ll[/i] ever fully understand… Powerlifting & women.

On another note, what the fucking fuck is going on in PW? [/quote]

Too much self-righteousness, not enough maturity.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So…

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_women_training_performance_powerful/cool_video_of_a_strong_hot_girl_killing_it

LOL!!!

Thanks for posting that.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So…

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_women_training_performance_powerful/cool_video_of_a_strong_hot_girl_killing_it

And yes that thread was a Zercher thread for sure. [/quote]

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Besides, how is that shit storm all that different from this one except that no one here got called a cunt?

the issue was heavy biceps training [in addition to the zerchers][/quote]

Transitive property states: zerchers are useless and make no sense.

yay?

[neutral, non-demeaning, non-agressive, completely docile, 100% adult tone.]

Prof,

You were called out because you made a claim as bold and authoritative as “the exercise makes no sense” and argued left and right that it’s a stupid exercise without EVER trying it.

I don’t care who you are - MODOK, you, waylander, bonez, holymac, buffd_samurai, CT, TC, Shugart (lols?), Push, BG, stormthebeach, fattyfat, alpha, bauer97, SteelyD, DOHcrazy, Akuma, bushidobadboy, gluetusgiganticus, or dixiesfinest… If you make a claim as bold as the one you did without EVER trying it, you’re going to be called out on it. And that is NOT ridiculous at all.

And honestly, if when you were called on it, you had provided legitimate proof or experiences of people tearing biceps while doing zerchers, your opinion would have been taken a bit more seriously. Instead, you delete the actual part of numerous posts that were made discussing the actual lift and focus soley on the fact that people are questioning your authority to speak on the lift. (And then, 10 pages later, claim that there “could have been a discussion but fights were held instead”? LOL) If you had even acknowledged the fact that a few good points had been made about the lift (or even that there are ways of minimizing the potential for a bicep tear - or that powerlifters regularly do an exercise (mixed grip deadlift) that puts them at a MUCH greater risk of tearing a bicep), then you would have had a chance to gain a bit more credibility on the matter.

You almost never give credit where credit is due.

[/neutral, non-demeaning, non-agressive, completely docile, 100% adult tone.]

Funny how you’ve got no problem letting me into t-cell alpha when I tell you that I gained nearly 60lbs in 18 months using your ‘no pure crap’ diet philosophy…

But I guess all of a sudden I’m grouped in with those who ‘don’t make progress around here’ because I diasgreed with you. lawl.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

Re-read the post you quoted. My issue has nothing to do with you insulting the OP. It has to do with sweeping generalizations that you made that since YOU don’t like zerchers, they aren’t effective for anyone with bodybuilding-oriented goals. That is FALSE and I’m arguing with you here because you refuse to draw the distinction between not good for YOU and not good for ANYONE.[/quote]

It isn’t false because the issue was heavy biceps training that most powerlifters don’t do with the same frequency. YOU have not proved this to not be an added risk…because YOU don’t lift that much.

This was explained backwards and forwards, and if the OP gets it, whether you do is irr-fucking-elevant.[/quote]

For the sake of discussion, I’ve curled the 65’s for reps (5+) and the powerlifters and strongmen I know who do zerchers on a somewhat regular basis and train their biceps heavy at least once per week are all sporting 19-21" arms.

Your experience is that zerchers aren’t good for you with the frequency that you train biceps. I’m not arguing with that. To each his own, do what makes you happy. My experience is that, given the conditions you stated (high level of strength, frequent heavy biceps training), they are perfectly fine for lots of people. This is why I was disagreeing with your general application of your own personal opinions on the matter to anyone with similar goals.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

the issue was heavy biceps training [in addition to the zerchers][/quote]

Transitive property states: zerchers are useless and make no sense.

yay?

[neutral, non-demeaning, non-agressive, completely docile, 100% adult tone.]

Prof,

You were called out because you made a claim as bold and authoritative as “the exercise makes no sense” and argued left and right that it’s a stupid exercise without EVER trying it.

I don’t care who you are - MODOK, you, waylander, bonez, holymac, buffd_samurai, CT, TC, Shugart (lols?), Push, BG, stormthebeach, fattyfat, alpha, bauer97, SteelyD, DOHcrazy, Akuma, bushidobadboy, gluetusgiganticus, or dixiesfinest… If you make a claim as bold as the one you did, you’re going to be called out on it. And that is NOT ridiculous at all.

And honestly, if when you were called on it, you had provided legitimate proof or experiences of people tearing biceps while doing zerchers, your opinion would have been taken a bit more seriously. Instead, you delete the actual part of numerous posts that were made discussing the actual lift and focus soley on the fact that people are questioning your authority to speak on the lift. (And then, 10 pages later, claim that there “could have been a discussion but fights were held instead”? LOL) If you had even acknowledged the fact that a few good points had been made about the lift (or even that there are ways of minimizing the potential for a bicep tear - or that powerlifters regularly do an exercise (mixed grip deadlift) that puts them at a MUCH greater risk of tearing a bicep), then you would have had a chance to gain a bit more credibility on the matter.

You almost never give credit where credit is due.

[/neutral, non-demeaning, non-agressive, completely docile, 100% adult tone.]

Funny how you’ve got no problem letting me into t-cell alpha when I tell you that I gained nearly 60lbs in 18 months using your ‘no pure crap’ diet philosophy…

But I guess all of a sudden I’m grouped in with those who ‘don’t make progress around here’ because I diasgreed with you. lawl.[/quote]

I let you in the T-Cell because I thought you had sense.

I was clearly wrong.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So…

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Besides, how is that shit storm all that different from this one except that no one here got called a cunt?
[/quote]

It is not any different maam will not argue that at all.

My reference was to the fact that many, many men do not fully understand and never will the complexity and beauty of women. In my opinion I never care to learn, only how to avoid getting killed. :slight_smile:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
So…

None.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is not any different maam will not argue that at all.

My reference was to the fact that many, many men do not fully understand and never will the complexity and beauty of women. In my opinion I never care to learn, only how to avoid getting killed. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Good call on the last point :slight_smile: