HorrorCore/Wicked Connect

I can see how early Geto Boys could be considered part of the genre. Most of the “Feel your flesh in my hands/ while I cook your brains with pam/ mixed with spam/ and take flight like Peter Pan” shit never appealed to me. But, I have heard of Necro just never heard any of his stuff. The song you posted wasn’t half bad, although the lyrics aren’t really my thing. You’re right about old school three 6. They had some pretty gnarley lyrics.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I can see how early Geto Boys could be considered part of the genre. Most of the “Feel your flesh in my hands/ while I cook your brains with pam/ mixed with spam/ and take flight like Peter Pan” shit never appealed to me. But, I have heard of Necro just never heard any of his stuff. The song you posted wasn’t half bad, although the lyrics aren’t really my thing. You’re right about old school three 6. They had some pretty gnarley lyrics.[/quote]

It helps to seperate “hip hop” from horrorcore. I agree as rappers most wicked artists are garbage. The thing to consider is the images that are given. This is amazing smoking music, if you smoke at all.

The songs go from shitty rap tunes to ridiculous horror stories. I have never really met anyone that just sits and listens to Razakel or Evil Pimp just because…that’s fucked up!!! Treat the more extreme stuff as you would a horror movie and don’t critique it as rap. Unless you want to bring up Tech N9ne or a few others.

Make Sense?

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

Dude, you gotta remember I’m from Houston. There’s certain albums that are damn near mandatory if you grew up here in the 90’s. The Diary is one of those albums. With that, I’m not sure I can put this in the same catagory as the other songs you posted. To me this tells a story with flow and meaning. The other stuff just seemed graphic for the sake of being graphic. Maybe I’m missing something.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

Dude, you gotta remember I’m from Houston. There’s certain albums that are damn near mandatory if you grew up here in the 90’s. The Diary is one of those albums. With that, I’m not sure I can put this in the same catagory as the other songs you posted. To me this tells a story with flow and meaning. The other stuff just seemed graphic for the sake of being graphic. Maybe I’m missing something.[/quote]

Close your eyes and put yourself into the song. No, its not graphic but its still masterfully terrifying. imo

Scarface is a rariy in that he can actually string a good story together smoothly and doesnt rely on goe. I see his songs as “psych thrillers” whereas Insano would be a “Slasher”