Hormone Help Please. (Female)

Alpha: i can help you there! My doc is at the Queens and Charlotte hospital in West London (Dr Panay)! He runs the menopause clinic there. I take micronised progesterone Utrogestan. I’m sure he could help your friend. I’m not sure the oestrogen is available yet but she could have the implant i have, or an oestrogen patch. There are plenty of options for bioidentical hormones.

How did they misdiagnose you? What did they think you had?!! Sounds shit! I never trust doctor’s completely, they are human and do make mistakes. I’ve heard of the drugs that shut down your ovaries (they used to prescribe them for pms) - they sound nasty, sorry to hear that!

Cool i will check out the paleolithic diet :smiley:

Thanks, my arms are really weak tho :stuck_out_tongue: And i get tired from exercise easily so prefer yoga and swimming as they are more relaxing! Have started playing badminton again too tho :slight_smile:

ps i’ve argued with gp’s to get my hormone prescription (because i can’t get it from Dr panay at the hospital, have to go through my gp, and they never get it!! ) and recently had to argue to get a referral to the allergy clinic. It sucks :frowning: The tories are really fucking up the NHS here right now. I just argue til i get what i want tho… my health is important to me… thats why i question everything…

I will definately ask Dr Panay about the micronised oestrogen, he may have said it will be available soon… the micronised prog has only been available two years.

My oestrogen was normal in the results i posted because i was already taking the oestrogen patch at that point, although it was still lowish.

The testosterone is lower but i just read that testosterone is lower in women who are given HRT oestrogen, so perhaps my doc doesn’t know this either… :stuck_out_tongue: Or perhaps he is just trying to help.

KSMan: But you said in the thyroid thread that TSH should be 1 for optimum health, right? But if the range is 0.5-3 (which is what you said was a good range) - why is TSH not best at 1.5 or 1.75 because thats half way between? Or is there some reason you picked figure of 1? Just trying to understand…

And my free T4 is half way between, right?

TSH 1.51 range 0.27-4.2 mU/L
Free T4 18.5 range 12-22 pmol/

I don’t think i have much of a thyroid problem if i have one at all. Will post temperature again Wednesday.

You didn’t say whether those vitamins were ok, or whether you’d add anything? Is it ok to take the female one with iron in it, it won’t interfere with absorption of other minerals, will it? I want to make sure what i take is being absorbed. otherwise i’d probably supplement magnesium, zinc and copper individually as i think these three i lack.

Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

[quote]Wileykit wrote:
Alpha: i can help you there! My doc is at the Queens and Charlotte hospital in West London (Dr Panay)! He runs the menopause clinic there. I take micronised progesterone Utrogestan. I’m sure he could help your friend. I’m not sure the oestrogen is available yet but she could have the implant i have, or an oestrogen patch. There are plenty of options for bioidentical hormones.

How did they misdiagnose you? What did they think you had?!! Sounds shit! I never trust doctor’s completely, they are human and do make mistakes. I’ve heard of the drugs that shut down your ovaries (they used to prescribe them for pms) - they sound nasty, sorry to hear that!

Cool i will check out the paleolithic diet :smiley:

Thanks, my arms are really weak tho :stuck_out_tongue: And i get tired from exercise easily so prefer yoga and swimming as they are more relaxing! Have started playing badminton again too tho :slight_smile:

[/quote]

ha! what a small world - that is the clinic she told she found 2 days ago and it is NHS and she has made an appointment:

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/clinicdetails.php?id=24

There is a waiting list of a month. But actually I just got back form the doctor today and had an ultrasound ordered to check for ovarian cysts and even though I am paying privately I also have to wait a month for that appointment.

So there you have it.

I gave my friend the option of ordering Estrace ( micronize estradiol ) online along with the Promitrium ( micronized progesterone ) from a Canadian online pharmacy.

Should you decide to do your own experimentation that is also available to you. And that leaves only the testosterone cream to get from the NHS.

Myself, I am going to quit the oral progesterone because as you already know, it does affect the digestive and bowel systems. I decided to go intra muscular injections 25 mg a day.
I have done this before and although muscularly painful it was easier on the rest of my system.

I was misdiagnosed with an aggressive form of endometriosis and was given the wrong treatment: Gonopeptyl Depot which shut down my pituitary gland production of estrogen and sent me into a premature menopause.

I have been messed up ever since.

As much as I love my meat if I knew that going vegan at least for a while would balance my hormones I would do it.
I do hope you get to try the paleo diet ( and by all means visit the supplements and nutrition on this site, you will learn a lot there ).

I used to be a competitive swimmer and swimming is great.
But did you know weight lifting is better for women as they age because unlike swimming and other sports, it is the only exercise that helps prevent osteoporosis?

If your arms are really weak, start with your legs. :slight_smile:

Just pick a few basic compound movements and nothing to complex and stick to it at least 2 times a weak.
Look up on this site for whole body workouts.

There is no need to spend to long in the gym.
You can be in and out of the weight room in as little as 30 minutes.

Specially if you are low estrogen does that not make you more prone to brittle bones?
You will also love the new found strength in your arms, :slight_smile:

I hear you on the conservatives tightening everything up now.
My friend keeps telling me “don’t come back”.
But things seem to be on the way down hill here also.

I am sorry to hear you have to fight with the GP: I remember my fights for sure and I do not miss that!

I have decided to look for another clinic to have the ultrasound done if my back pain continues to cripple me.

The doctor does not think it is another cyst but I sense the pain in the very spot where the previous cyst burst last year.
She said my numbers are look normal but that peri menopause can start 10 years before a woman becomes menopausal.

She immediately offered me the birth control pill.

Oh well…you know the story.

I thought it might be when you said West London! The doctors are really nice there, not like gp’s at all! So i’m sure they will help her.

I’d be a bit worried about buying the oestrogen myself. I will ask Dr Panay when it will be available here first and what he thinks. Strangely i started chatting to a female doctor this time, who i think was training to work for the clinic too. She seemed really friendly and said something about ‘have you considered taking the oestrogen gel?’ so i asked the male doc when he came back in if it could take oestrogen gel without progesterone but he said no :frowning:

So you can have (natural) progesterone injected in you? And why does that not affect the rest of your system as much? I wish I could get that, Dr Panay hasn’t mentioned it tho :frowning: Will ask about that too!

That sucks! And they don’t even compensate you, they still make you wait for appointments :mad: Yeah fighting with doctor’s is not much fun! I had a huge argument with gp at last surgery coz he didn’t want to prescribe my hormones, i pointed out the contraceptive pill was much higher doses of hormones and that they give those to any girl and he replied well pregnancy still kills a lot of girls. I ended up making a complaint about him to the surgery and i think he left. :slight_smile:

I looked up the diet but it excludes beans and soya which would be a big change for me. Is it the best diet for hormone levels? I will do some more reading about it. My boyfriend has weights, he said he’d show me lol

Yep totally understand, hope a different doctor is more helpful for you! I would be fuming if they messed me up like that. Can’t you claim any compensation? :frowning:

[quote]Wileykit wrote:

So you can have (natural) progesterone injected in you? And why does that not affect the rest of your system as much? I wish I could get that, Dr Panay hasn’t mentioned it tho :frowning: Will ask about that too! [/quote]

Yes, doctors prescribe for pregnant women who are at risk of miscarriage.
Being that it is injected directly in the muscle it bypasses the gastrointestinal system and there is no progesterone to be absorbed that way and the only exposure to it is the one that will be absorbed in your blood stream via the muscle.
It is a painful injection, however.

Your other option is to do extensive research and see whether estrogen has been prescribed on its own and make your own decision as to whether you will take the progesterone with it. The GP may prescribe you both but you do not have to take both if you find via other means it does not have to be so.
If it is the case women can and have been treated with small doses of estradiol alone - what prevents you from keeping your progesterone in the medicine cupboard?

I am not saying this is what you should do but what I am saying is have authority of what goes in your body through research and not doctor alone and make your own informed decisions.

The misdiagnose was in the UK. I was just grateful that after being on a 3 month waiting list I had a top surgeon and they did not leave anything inside me.
You know you got to count your blessings with a nationalized health system.

:slight_smile:

[quote]Wileykit wrote:

so i asked the male doc when he came back in if it could take oestrogen gel without progesterone but he said no :frowning:

[/quote]

Effect of hormone replacement therapy on cardiovascular events in
recently postmenopausal women: randomised trial.

Sublingual administration of micronized estradiol and progesterone,
with and without micronized testosterone: effect on biochemical
markers of bone metabolism and bone mineral density.

Effects of estrogen replacement therapy on the lipoprotein profile in
postmenopausal women with ESRD.
http://www.nature.com/ki/journal/v54/n4/full/4490371a.html

Effects of postmenopausal estrogen replacement on the concentrations
and metabolism of plasma lipoproteins.

Low-dose estrogen therapy does not change postexercise hypotension,
sympathetic nerve activity reduction, and vasodilation in healthy
postmenopausal women.
http://ajpheart.physiology.org/content/295/4/H1802.long

Effects of combined estrogen/testosterone therapy on bone and body
composition in oophorectomized women.

Investigating the effects of estradiol or estradiol/progesterone
treatment on mood, depressive symptoms, menopausal symptoms and
subjective sleep quality in older healthy hysterectomized women: a
questionnaire study. Investigating the effects of estradiol or estradiol/progesterone treatment on mood, depressive symptoms, menopausal symptoms and subjective sleep quality in older healthy hysterectomized women: a questionnaire study - PubMed

Sublingual administration of micronized estradiol and progesterone,
with and without micronized testosterone: effect on biochemical
markers of bone metabolism and bone mineral density.

Effect of postmenopausal estrogen replacement on circulating
androgens. Effect of postmenopausal estrogen replacement on circulating androgens - PubMed

Blood pressure and hemodynamics in postmenopausal women during
estradiol-17 beta substitution.

Low- and standard-estrogen dosage in oral therapy: dose-dependent
effects on insulin and lipid metabolism in healthy postmenopausal
women. Low- and standard-estrogen dosage in oral therapy: dose-dependent effects on insulin and lipid metabolism in healthy postmenopausal women - PubMed

Comparative controlled trial of a novel oral estrogen therapy,
estradiol acetate, for relief of menopause symptoms:

In addition, you could read this book recommended by KSman:

Natural Hormone Balance for Women by Uzzi Reiss, MD/OB-GYN.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

Yes, doctors prescribe for pregnant women who are at risk of miscarriage.
Being that it is injected directly in the muscle it bypasses the gastrointestinal system and there is no progesterone to be absorbed that way and the only exposure to it is the one that will be absorbed in your blood stream via the muscle.
It is a painful injection, however.
[/quote]

I take the micronised progesterone as a pessary - have you tried that? The one i get is in gel capsules. This method is also supposed to bypass the gastrointestinal system but somehow doesn’t for me!! I feel so groggy on it, sometimes it’s a struggle to get out of bed. :frowning: I will ask Dr Panay about the injection :smiley:

Thankyou for the links but they all apply to HRT given to postmenopause women - i’m 33 and it’s different for women who are menstruating. The cancer risk is real, doctors may make mistakes and be uninformed sometimes, but you can tell when they are talking sense…

I got a funny letter from my allergy doc on Friday, he totally forgot to include what medication i am supposed to take, which he wouldn’t tell me at time because he said he’d put in the letter!! :S :confused: And he also failed to mention the wheat allergy test which i’d discussed with him (in letter to my gp). Plus he kept going on about my hayfever (which was irrelevant) and made no sense at all. Sometimes i wish i’d studied medicine! Still you have to laugh… i’m going to ring up and ask him to re-do his letter properly :stuck_out_tongue:

Really sorry to hear that. :frowning: Private medical insurance here is worse than the NHS tho, i couldn’t get my implants on it! I also thought in America, if you don’t have money, you get rubbish health care? Is that the case?

Cool i will research the diet, does this diet optimise hormone levels for you? And i might give the weights a try :wink:

Have you read that book?

[quote]Wileykit wrote:

Thankyou for the links but they all apply to HRT given to postmenopause women - i’m 33 and it’s different for women who are menstruating. The cancer risk is real, doctors may make mistakes and be uninformed sometimes, but you can tell when they are talking sense…[/quote]

When I was 39 and menstruating when they shut down my pituitary and said I was going to become peri menopausal. In reality, my estrogen levels dropped to those of a post menopausal woman. I then had to be treated as a post menopausal woman even though I was not at post menopausal age I had the symptoms of low estrogen in post menopausal women and the risks for cancer were just as real.

If I have abnormally low levels of estrogen then I have something in common with post menopausal women.
If estrogen alone has been used to treat women with low estrogen and low progesterone due to menopause - and post menopausal women are even at greater risk of cancer than me due to:

1. An already life time exposure to estrogen, and;

2. Low declining levels of progesterone

then common sense tells me I am in a better position to sustain a small dose of estradiol treatment to compensate for my abnormally low levels given that sufficient levels of progesterone are naturally produced by my system.

My second observation is:

The birth control pill is carcinogenic.
Yet that does not prevent doctors from freely prescribing it to children from the age of 12, knowing she will likely mature into a woman having a long history of using it.

Why do you think that is?

I asked my husband to add something because he is a medicinal chemist very familiar with hormones and I had discussed this with him:

Of course if a person considers that if there is any risk to taking estradiol then they don’t want to do it, that’s a personal position that clearly a person can have.

It’s quite different however to say that something cannot be done or should not (for others) be done, such as administering estradiol without progesterone according to the individual case, out of citing cancer risk as if that proves the matter.

Estradiol at any time, including naturally-produced estradiol, has cancer risk for at least some women. We know how to obliterate estradiol levels in women by administration of, for example, letrozole, and can essentially eliminate this cancer risk. In some cases this is actually done, according to the individual case, because for that individual the risk is so high that doing so is worth the cost. But in general it is not done, because the benefit of natural estradiol levels is considered to be worth the associated risk. It is not so simple as, estradiol is carcinogenic, therefore it must be taken in conjunction with a progestin. Which incidentally does not eliminate or even drastically change the cancer risk.

It may be the case, I do not know, that in the UK estradiol will not be prescribed at all, or not without a progestin. If so then a doctor cannot be gotten to do it and it is a moot point anyway. If so, it would be example of banning something without substantiated reason. In the US it can be done and is done.

As to the studies AlphaF cited being cases of postmenopausal women and women with ovaries removed, there is good reason that that is who the studies are on. The reason for prescribing estradiol or any estrogen, other than for birth control, is going to be because estradiol levels are abnormally low. Where this is an area of broad clinical importance is for the postmenopausal woman and for the woman whose ovaries have been removed. It’s relatively rare for a woman outside of those conditions to have for abnormally low estradiol levels AND have concurrently normal progesterone AND be unwilling to use birth control pills, and those women are most likely not really an area of interest to doctors or of much interest for grant money to be awarded. Grant money goes to areas of interest according to a number of factors. Application of a generic drug to a problem of not much interest to doctors is not something that is easy to get grant money for, if at all. I wouldn’t expect such a study any time soon if ever.

Do the studies, however, answer what happens when providing estradiol alone, without a progestin, and answer the question as to whether it can be done and is done? Yes. No problem found.

A person could argue though, “Well, maybe there is something about being that old, or having had the ovaries removed, that makes it safe for them to have normal-range estradiol levels that are provided by taking estradiol orally, but if the woman [/i]hasn’t[/i] reached that age or still has her ovaries and gets to those same levels, this doesn’t prove it’s not dangerous for her! There could be a reason!”

Well, if not wanting to take estradiol to get to normal levels on the basis of “there could be,” without having a substantiated reason, then that’s a personal decision and a judgment call.

But we might consider where the burden of evidence should be. And what is it that constitutes common sense and what doesn’t? That’s not always so clear-cut and two different people may not agree on what is “common sense” and what isn’t.

Let’s say for example that a doctor asserts that the same, normal-range estradiol levels with the same normal-range progesterone levels are safe enough if gotten either from natural entirely production or by taking both an estrogen and progestin, but risking cancer if gotten by having the same good natural progesterone levels already and taking only estradiol to bring that level up to normal.

I personally would say that the burden would be on the doctor to support such a claim. Some evidence of some kind would be called for, or at the very least, some physiological or biochemical rationale that was in accord with at least one known fact. But if someone finds the doctor’s assertion to be common sense even without any such thing, well okay, that can be their decision then. But is it a fact that it’s common sense? Actually it’s a completely unsupported argument.

[quote]Wileykit wrote:

Have you read that book?[/quote]

I read the parts that were relevant to my case and the chapter on estrogen replacement for your case.
The only thing this doctor said was that he liked to prescribe estrogen “preferably with progesterone”.
No where did I see a warning that estrogen SHOULD NOT be administered without progesterone.

But Ksman probably has read the whole book and will correct me if I am wrong.

All of the estrogens, progesterone, testosterone and others have a role to play. Health is in the balance of the effects of these in gene expression. Estrogens are mission critical for many systems in the body, including bones, brain, and skin. Unbalanced estrogens are not healthy.

Cannot tolerate progesterone? Could this be a sensitivity to the raw materials used such as soy?

Yes you don’t need to tell me how important sex hormones are to health/mood! :stuck_out_tongue:

I cannot tolerate the side effects of the prog, or rather i don’t want to anymore… it’s the effect progesterone has on my stomach that is the reason i’ve come off. It increases my IBS symptoms significantly and if you know something is having a bad effect on your body, of course you will stop taking it unless you have to take it. Anyway i feel ok at the moment. fingers crossed. My hormone treatment helped me throughout my 20’s. I only really noticed the progesterone side-effects on my stomach for the last 4-5 years.

I’ve read progesterone slows down the gastroinstestinal system and since i recently found out i may have Gilberts syndrome which also can affect digestion… i’m thinking it might be the combination of the two. However if i got really depressed again i would go back on it. I’m taking aloe vera at moment and will see if that helps this month. I’ve a feeling the oestrogen made my migraines worse too but time will tell.

I don’t think it’s a sensitivity, it’s listed in the sideeffects. Even though they are bioidentical hormones, they will still have sideeffects because your body is not producing them so you are basically going against your body and putting something in your system in an unnatural way!

I should also add, most women get IBS around their periods. Women’s own hormones can give them problems… PMS is a natural disorder…

I really came here to ask if oestrogen&testosterone can be increased through diet/vitamins alone?

Progesterone goes high at the end of your cycle then drops. Did some WWW and I see the progesterone-IBS link. I think that IBS creates this sensitivity. So only relief may be in addressing IBS directly. You gave done serious probiotics I would assume.

Ok so the progesterone just aggravates the existing IBS? I feel really nauseas right now! :frowning:

I tried some probiotics a nutritionist recomended a while back, yeah. And digestive enzymes. My existing IBS doesn’t occur, unless i eat wheat or too much dairy. So it is totally better if i avoid those foods…

The aloe vera seems to be helping, i should have brought it to work! The symptoms i get when on progesterone are so much worse than what i get usually… i feel my stomach churning, get nausea and my stomach bloats much bigger. I don’t think anything can cure them! Drinking peppermint tea just now but it isn’t helping.

[quote]Wileykit wrote:

I really came here to ask if oestrogen&testosterone can be increased through diet/vitamins alone?[/quote]

:wink:

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

When I was 39 and menstruating when they shut down my pituitary and said I was going to become peri menopausal. In reality, my estrogen levels dropped to those of a post menopausal woman. I then had to be treated as a post menopausal woman even though I was not at post menopausal age I had the symptoms of low estrogen in post menopausal women and the risks for cancer were just as real.

If I have abnormally low levels of estrogen then I have something in common with post menopausal women.
If estrogen alone has been used to treat women with low estrogen and low progesterone due to menopause - and post menopausal women are even at greater risk of cancer than me due to:

1. An already life time exposure to estrogen, and;

2. Low declining levels of progesterone

then common sense tells me I am in a better position to sustain a small dose of estradiol treatment to compensate for my abnormally low levels given that sufficient levels of progesterone are naturally produced by my system.

My second observation is:

The birth control pill is carcinogenic.
Yet that does not prevent doctors from freely prescribing it to children from the age of 12, knowing she will likely mature into a woman having a long history of using it.

Why do you think that is?

Estradiol at any time, including naturally-produced estradiol, has cancer risk for at least some women. We know how to obliterate estradiol levels in women by administration of, for example, letrozole, and can essentially eliminate this cancer risk. In some cases this is actually done, according to the individual case, because for that individual the risk is so high that doing so is worth the cost. But in general it is not done, because the benefit of natural estradiol levels is considered to be worth the associated risk. It is not so simple as, estradiol is carcinogenic, therefore it must be taken in conjunction with a progestin. Which incidentally does not eliminate or even drastically change the cancer risk.

It may be the case, I do not know, that in the UK estradiol will not be prescribed at all, or not without a progestin. If so then a doctor cannot be gotten to do it and it is a moot point anyway. If so, it would be example of banning something without substantiated reason. In the US it can be done and is done.

Do the studies, however, answer what happens when providing estradiol alone, without a progestin, and answer the question as to whether it can be done and is done? Yes. No problem found.

[/quote]

I see what you are saying but id’ be too worried about the risks. I will ask him further about why i have to take it next time i see him though. My guess would be coz women who have passed the menopause are no longer producing oestrogen in their ovaries and so thats why they give you HRT in the first place, so perhaps its less of a risk because the oestrogen just takes them up to natural levels? My oestrogen levels went too high after the last implant, because my GP kept not sending my blood test results on to the doctors at hospital so they didn’t know it was getting high. :mad: So if i hadn’t been taking the progesterone for instance, that probably would have been quite risky. Perhaps it’s to cover their backs (and my health), therefore. I will see if i can find anything online about it.

Have they tested your progesterone levels? Because thats not a test they perform here, i did ask why a few times but can’t remember the reason. Perhaps it’s difficult to measure?? :S So i’ve no idea what my natural progesterone levels are. Given i’m irritable, i’d say not much :stuck_out_tongue:

I accused a GP here who didn’t want to give me my oestrogen prescription of handing out the contraceptive pill ‘like candy’. He wasn’t impressed haha But notice, all contraceptive pills contain progestins, you don’t get a oestrogen-only pill, because of the cancer risk!!

I should point out my oestrogen levels were at the lower end of normal range, not abnormally low. I can’t remember what your levels were at. And perhaps my doc would prescribe very low amounts of oestrogen without progesterone but they wouldn’t be high enough to shut down my own ovaries, therefore i would still get PMS. Perhaps it would help though. Again, I will ask my doc!

All i know is i take the progesterone to stabilise my womb and i take it as pessary, and the implant near my womb, so perhaps this is how it exerts its protective effects! I’m not a doctor!! I will read the links but i trust Dr Panay and doubt he would stop me having the treatment without progesterone without good reason…

"This stimulating effect of oestrogen helps to explain why, in excess, it is toxic. Oestrogen stimulates breast tissue: it can encourage the development of fibrocystic breasts, and supplementing with oestrogen is known to increase a woman?s risk of breast cancer. It also stimulates the lining of the womb, the endometrium, increasing the risk of endometrial cancer and encouraging the growth of fibroids.

Some researchers make light of these factors, claiming that we should offset the slight risk of cancer against the protection the hormone gives from heart disease and brittle bones. But the risk that a woman takes when she supplements with oestrogen is not slight. Supplementing with oestrogen significantly increases a woman?s chances of getting breast cancer and her risk of developing endometrial cancer more than trebles.

Some doctors believed that progesterone is the hormone that women should have been using all along. It has been shown to be protective against cancer and heart disease and may even halt or reverse osteoporosis. It can increase libido, rejuvenate the skin, and help reduce middle aged spread by increasing metabolism. It is also anti-depressant, diuretic and can reduce hot flushes. But first the bad news. What is HRT and why are women being given it?"
http://www.npis.info/menopausenatural.htm

The reason you can take oestrogen without progesterone is because your ovaries have been shut down by those stupid doctors, i imagine?

The pill is carconogenic because they don’t include natural progesterone in it and synthetic progesterones don’t have the same protective effect according to that link above. The reason they precribe it though as that nasty gp told me, was because the risk of dying giving birth is still much higher than the risk of cancer. Also i just heard on the radio that the pill actually protects against certain forms of cancer like bladder cancer… i personally wouldn’t take synthetic hormones again tho/moods! bleurgh

My mum is prescribed progesterone because she is overweight and past menopause to protect her against cancer also!

Progesterone balances E in arterial endothelial cells. Progestins do not. That is why OBC warns about heart attacks, strokes and clots. Few have those effects, but some do. It was progestins that gave HRT a bad reputation a few years ago. Big pharma said it was HRT that was the fault in general, deflecting all of the media attention away from the fake hormones in their products. The media followed like puppies.

That makes sense! Doctors never admit their drugs have sideeffects/bad effects. They are stubborn as hell about that. That’s why I trust Dr Panay so much, he’s the first doc that admitted to me that progestins don’t suit women with PMS.

I have read about the HRT studies years ago, and I also wrote to the medical research council after the argument with one GP about my hormone prescription and they wrote back HRT is perfectly safe and i sent that to the GP surgery, along with my letter of complaint! That GP seemed to have something against private doctors.

My new vitamins have come :slight_smile: And i’m eating a little more protein and fat each day (eggs and soya and meat at my boyfriends!). Do you think that will help my oestrogen or should i cut down on carbs too?