Hip Pain

Hello, all. Long time lurker here…

I’m 27 years old and was hoping to gain some advice from the more experienced crowd that has dealt with the same predicament that I do.

I have some very concerning hip pain in my right hip. It’s worrying me because I’ve had it for many years now and it seems to be getting worse. It’s not debilitating by any means but I have a very limited range of motion (in both hips) and experience the pain with any movement involving hip abduction. It’s gotten to the point where getting in and out of the car is not too difficult, but I have to make a conscious effort not to move my hip in the painful range of motion. I also notice my right hip sort of “sinks in” when I take a step on it. I have a 8 to 5 job and a long commute so as a result I have very tight hip flexors.

I really don’t want to go to an orthopaedic doctor because of the cost.

Can someone here provide me with some exercises or mobility work to prevent my hip from getting more dysfunctional?

The only thing I can think to do is strengthen my glutes with single leg hip thrusts, strengthen my abdominals with planks (I hear this helps hip mobility), and stretch the quads and hip flexors. I’m really not sure what I’m doing though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.