High Total Test, Very High SHBG, High TSH

It’s obvious you need more T, SHBG improved. More T will lower SHBG even more. Sustanon and Nebido are what’s available in your country. You see the problem with Nebido, you now know you’re low and can’t do anything about it till your next scheduled injection. You’re forced to live at 14 nmol, ask doctor for Sustanon.

Stay away from oral testosterone!

Hi Systemlord

My 4 blood tests thus far have been roughly:

1/ total test 26 shbg 90 (natural)
2/ total test 20 shbg 50 (natural)
3/ total test 24 shbg ? Mistake in lab but had free test counted properly at 0.28 which was consistent with he calculated results of tests 1 and 2
4/ total test 14 shbg 54 (5 weeks after nebido jab)

I have asked the endo already for weekly injections. He was having none of it, saying that we need to avoid peaks and troughs.

I also told him that with my situation (high total T and high SHBG) that it was logical and mathematically predictable that something similar to test 4 was going to happen.

Treatment options are different where you’re located, this is why he’s having none of it. If you had Sustanon you could inject weekly and if you had cypionate you could inject twice weekly. You can’t avoid troughs as your levels will always be higher after injection vs the day before injection. I’m surprised your doctor understands the need to limit your peaks and keep levels stable. You need more T to bring down SHBG, if your doctor isn’t onboard for that you can always look for a new doctor.

Haha. This is the only endo available where I live!!
He wasn’t me to take a double dose of nebido on Wednesday.
I also asked about an AI which he said he would describe if needed.

I’m probably going to can the whole thing though.
The last 4 or 5 days, my testicles have been tight painful, small and sweating a lot. Feels like a greasy sweat. Has made The whole area sore and itchy.
I imagine my system is restarting itself. Thoroughly unpleasant experience.

Stuck in no mans land now. Have seen only negatives since starting this. 8lbs heavier, itchy nipples, scrotum half the size, tight, painful and irritating. Lower free test and a complete and utter lack of desire to weight lift.

Any thoughts?

No do not stop TRT, you are supposed to feel the way you are feeling, everyone feels this way in the beginning, if you restart at a later date everything you feel now will start over. I had my face flush bright red, insane sweating and hotness while sleeping, itchy nipples, testes pulled up tight and aches, but all these symptoms went away after awhile. Just have your doctor keep an eye on that E2.

This is your body adjusting to the increase red blood cell production and a host of hormone changes. Give it about a month and a half and I bet you start feeling little better every couple of weeks.

After reading this, I think I should stop complaining. :frowning:
Sorry to hear about this banjoplayer.

@KSman

Any chance of advice, please?

@KSman

Just to add to this. When i stopped the Nebido in January. My scrotum seemed to profusely sweat an oily grease (not water as it marked underwear). Sorry if TMI

Many thanks