High SHBG & High Total T. How to Fix It without Trt?

I’m 18 years old and I’ve had digestive issues for a long time. Bloating, floating yellow stools and feeling like I’m not digesting food. Dry skin, hair, lips, loss of sense of smell.

In the last two years my symptoms have gotten worse. My muscles feels really weak. To the extent that my legs feel heavy and I have trouble walking. I have brain fog and chronic fatigue. And joint pain. My hand and feet get extremely cold.

I work out and eat healthy but I’m still skinny fat. I also have small. Lumps underneath my nipples which I think is gyno.

I have went to 3 endos, a neurologist an orthopedic surgeon and gp. All of them said I was fine but considering I like in Pakistan and the symptoms are getting worse I’m skeptical since they didn’t even do many tests beside blood analysis and tsh.

I got a lot tests done by myself which I’ll post here. The main issue is SHBG it’s 77 nmol. TT is 1146ng and estradiol is 35pg/ml. I need to know how to lower it without taking trt. I’m young and don’t want to go that route.

My Tests:
Male hormones (31/05/18)
Total Testosterone : 1146ng/dl
SHBG : 77nmol
Estradiol : 35pg/ml

Thyroid Tests;

TSH:
(08/01/18) 2.46ul/ml
(10/03/18) 1.10ul/ml

Free T-3 : 3.0 pg/ml (1.7 - 3.7)
Free T-4 1.0 ng/dL (0.7 - 1.5)
Anti-Tg 1.4 IU/mL (< 4.1)
Anti-TPO 0.1 IU/ml (< 5.6)
T4 8.7 µg/dL (4.9 - 11.7)

Vitamin D(25 oh) : 10.9ng
Ferritin: 38ng/ml
Transferrin Saturation: 26%
Vitamin b12: 2000 (because I took a few shots)

Chemistry:
08/01/18
SGPT (ALT) 25 IU/L 5 - 50
Glucose (Fasting): 95 mg/dL 70 - 110 Adults

Liver Function Tests: (24/05/2018)
Total bilrubin: 0.69 (0.2-1.1)
Alt : 44 (9-40)
AST: 27 (9-40)
Alkaline Phosphatase: 83 (30-115)
Gama GT: 14 (<55)

Hematology
Blood Complete Picture
WBC Count 4,540 /mm3 (4,000 - 10,000)
RBC Count 5.50 mil/mm3 (4.5 - 6.0)
Hemoglobin 15.6 g/dL (14 - 18)
Hematocrit 47 % (40 - 50)
MCV 86 fL (82 - 98)
MCH 28 pg (27 - 31)
MCHC 33 g/dL (32 - 36)
RDW-CV 13 % (11 - 16)
Platelets 179,000 /mm3 (140,000 - 450,000)
Differential Count
Neutrophils 47 % 40 - 75
Lymphocytes 44 % 15 - 45
Monocytes 8 % 2 - 12
Eosinophils 1 % 2 - 6
Basophils 0 % 0 - 1
Bands 0 % 0-3

I’ve been supplementing for vitamin d by Taking 200000iu ampules one every two weeks and taking k2 daily. Please op tell me how can I lower shbg?

P. S: I feel better when I take a b complex shot. I also took proviron for a week and felt a little better but stopped because I heard it suppresses natural T.

Normally SHBG increases as we age, your is very high and is binding up most of your free T and your pituitary gland is working overtime in an attempt to compensate, it’s a battle that already lost. Sometimes it’s genetic and other times it diet or some believe its environmental contamination, the world is going through some kind of endocrine system disruption from all the chemicals and pollutants.

Thyroid looks alright, free T4 is low and may be do to iodine deficiency. Checking body temperatures waking (97.7) and afternoon (98.6) could tell if there’s a problem. TSH closer to 1.0 is optimal. Sometimes thyroid problems are intermittent, strange TSH jumped up to 2.46 after 2 months. This is a tell tale sign of a problem, TSH should remain stable. Continue checking body temperatures and it may reveal a problem months down the road.

Hematocrit is close to the tops of ranges and if you go on TRT you may be required to donate blood on a regular basis. The loss of sense of smell could be a serious health problem, you’ve definitely got some health condition going on.

Bilirubin and bile give poop its normal brown color. Bilirubin is a byproduct of your red blood cells, it’s produced in the liver and then moves to the gallbladder, where it mixes with bile. From there, most of the bilirubin passes into your intestines where it’s broken down by bacteria and discarded in your feces or urine.

If I resolve my digestive/liver issues shbg will go down. Since I’m producing more than enough testosterone I won’t need trt. Where should I go from here. Go to a gastroentrologist?

KSman is more knowledgeable than most doctor’s, he’ll know where to go from here.

I think its @Hostile who was telling me about the correlation between Gut flora/inflammation and an increase in SHBG.

You are probably on the right track bro. Have you tried anything like sauerkraut or kefir.

1 Like

You might also have something going on with your liver. Your ALT was higher than normal.

Liver inflammation can increase SHBG also.

Are you on any meds?

I didn’t catch the alt number. OP did you do any strenuous exercise before blood draw? If so, the alt/ast numbers will always be elevated and of no concern. If not, your liver may be stressed/inflamed.