High-Frequency ME Training?

sounds interesting
would like to see your examples
what your site address?

[quote]Nuttall wrote:
I agree with what has been said, already, to a large extent but let me add a little bit of what I’ve learned over the years. First, wave loading is a necessity. You need to take advantage of wave loading within a workout, between successive workouts, and between sequential training blocks.

In other words, you could factorize your workload with the use of high(er) intensity days alternated with low(er) intensity days or, as a method that I have found superior, you could wave your intensity from day to day. If you want to Auto-Regulate then you can use trend-line periodization.

But let’s keep it simple with this example. If you are training four days per week (i.e. 3-on, 1-off, 1-on, 2-off) then you could use 85%, 90%, 95% and back down to 80% in a week…or climb with 80%, 85%, 90%, take a day off and then hit 95% before taking a few days off. The 95% day will allow you to determine your cumulative fatigue (i.e. if you can’t hit 1 rep on that day then you are 5% in the hole).

You could also wave betwen higher and lower intensity days - i.e. 80% x 6 reps and 95% x 1 rep per set.

The options are endless but the key is to wave your intensity and coincident volume from day to day. I know it sounds a bit odd at first but if you give a few of these “ramped” programs a shot you will realize that there must be something to the synaptic facilitation (i.e. “grease the groove”) concept because each day you get stronger and stronger even though the intensity keep increasing…then when the intensity drops and you take a few days off your strength literally jumps through the roof. I’ve had athletes use these principles and gain 15-lb of muscle and add over 50-lb to their bench press in 4 weeks! And I’m not talking total newbies here either.

There are two final considerations I’m going to throw your way: (1) when you drop the intensity to the lowest point also drop the volume to the lowest point (give it a shot and you’ll see why) and (2) shake things up every so often. The best kept secret - if I even dare call it that - in the iron game (and sports training scene) is to do what you haven’t been doing.

All I’m saying is that high frequency training is no exception to the fact that you must shake things up if you want to rattle loose continued improvement. For instance, if you’ve been training on high frequency for a while then switch over to high fatigue (read: lower frequency) for a while, and visa versa. Shake, rattle and roll!

(I have a few examples posted on my site for those who are interested)

p.s. That chick’s ass in the powerful images today is ridiculous![/quote]

So far, I’m not too familiar with terms like drop off and etc. But I think that by spreading your ME work over a week and adding a little bit more, like Js said, over the course of the week, would yield good results in strength gains.

I think it is important though, to steer cleer or failure, I would left 1-2 reps left in the tank.

Feel free to Chime into the thread “Conjugate & Sequencing”, seems like it could be a great “supplement” to this thread.

-The Truth