- I’m 36, male, been on TRT for 5.5 years since summer of 2012.
- I’m going to use this thread for questions and as a log of my progress getting dialed in. I need some help and will be hoping to get assistance from you guys.
- I had a prior thread (click here for link) focused on thyroid issues but I want to start this focused on the TRT stuff. I won’t start another one regardless of what comes up, but my thyroid isn’t an issue it seems.
- Injection Schedule: 48mg T-Cyp EOD, have been injecting EOD for years and have no problem maintaining a consistent schedule with frequent shots.
- AIs: not currently taking an AI, have Arimidex and Aromasin on hand right here at home
- Issues: oily skin, bloating, weight gain, brain fog, fatigue, low ejaculate volume
T/FT/E2 (Taken 16 hours after most recent shot) Testosterone, Serum: 1162 Reference Range: 264-916 ng/dL Free Testosterone(Direct): 32.9 Reference Range: 8.7-25.1 pg/mL Estradiol, Sensitive: 40.3 Reference Range: 8.0-35.0 pg/mL THYROID TSH: 1.310 mcIU/mL Reference Range: 0.358 - 3.800 mcIU/mL Free T3: 3.44 pg/mL Reference Range: 2.18 - 3.98 pg/mL Free T4 (EIA): 0.89 ng/dL Reference Range:0.76 - 1.46 ng/dL T3,Reverse: 11.2 ng/dL Reference Range: 9.0 - 27.0 ng/dL
So it looks like my thyroid is really healthy and the core issue is the E2 level and what adjustments if any I need to make to my T levels.
- Does the timing of these labs make any difference, or are my levels so steady on EOD shots that this is probably a consistent reading for me? I’m not sure whether I have peaks or troughs at all since I inject so frequently.
- What would determine whether I should lower my dose versus taking an AI? My libido and training are going great and I don’t want to diminish either of those, but I do want to address the bloating, water retention, fatigue, etc. Plus I know having elevated E2 is not good.
- How do I know how much to take of an AI to calibrate my E2 level down without just guessing and overdoing it? Is Aromasin or Arimidex the right choice? I have ample amounts of both on hand so that’s not an issue. Or will I have to experiment and see which one works better for me?
- Should I consider trying DIM since my E2 isn’t sky-high? I also have some of that on hand.
- What’s the best option here? I’m not sure which is a higher priority-- not having to use an AI and backing my dose down until I find a good E2 level, or keeping my TT/FT high and getting my E2 down to see how I feel. I’d be grateful for advice on what course of action is best.