Helen Thomas = Bigot

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]nothingclever wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

How so buddy? Tell me where I’m wrong smartass so I can laugh at you.

[/quote]

Lemme let you in on a secret (for you). The forebears of the Palestine people that are there now were not there in 1917 when the state of Israel was being formed with the exception of a very, very small amount. Most of the Palestinians that live in Israel now have migrated there since Israel was formed (1917 - 1948).

This is where you’re wrong so now you can laugh at me.
[/quote]
Cool story bro. The thing is I don’t need to know what the majority of the population specifically was at that time. The majority of people in the area weren’t Jewish. They’ve been exiled a million times which ensured that. They are foreign people forcing their way into the land. Muslims were the majority. Muslims immigrating from one Muslim area to another Muslim area is obviously tolerated by the natives because they are, you guessed it, Muslims. A Jewish minority increasing its presence in a largely Muslim area isn’t.[/quote]

You need to get your history straight.

1. Why were there so few Jews remaining in Israel after the 1st century AD - it’s called the diaspora

2. Who lived in the region from 100 AD through 900 AD - a few remaining Jews and other semetic tribes - Arabs.

3. How did Muslims come to occupy Israel - by sword and violence in the 9th thru 12th centuries

4. Are Muslims native to the region - no

5. Are Jews native to the region - yes, by all useful standards. Their forefather Abraham having lived in the region since around 2000 BC, they have the most direct lineage and longest history in the region.

6. The Muslim religion is the invader/parasite of the land, not the Jewish descendants returning to their homeland. It’s the equivalent of returning lands to the native Americans.[/quote]

Well maybe if we dig up history far enough we can say we came here and colonized the USA because it used to ours thousands of years ago too. Screw the native indians we were here a really long time ago too. Just study history. All just a smoke screen.

Israel is an illegal state trying to pretend like its legitimate. It’s as legitimate as putting Indians on a reservation after displacing them in 2010. Reaching back into history to legitimize their occupation is well, Israel. lol. Everything Justified! Justified justified justified. Everyone else is wrong wrong wrong. The story of Israel. And Im Jewish btw.

Religion is not to be used as a history lesson to make legitimate claims to lands like Israel is Doing right now. They’re passing off their religion as history and their history as religion. Effectively mixing the powers of the state and religion as one.

Didn’t we evolve away from a system like that in 1776?

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Everything she said is true. No big deal. I don;t see the issue. I see illogical knee jerking preprogrammed responses disguised as original criticism.

The fact is the Jews ARE occupying an unwilling peoples. All this study history crap over and over is a smokescreen. They ARE occupying. That’s why Israel is always in upheaval. They are seen as invaders. But study history and abra cadabra your thinking will change to see them as benevolent home comers. Fuckin lol. [/quote]

If you knew facts, you’d know why your dead fucking wrong. That’s why it important to study your history. They are occupying land because they were attcked and they kicked ass and took land. Had Egypt, Syria, and Jordan not attacked, there would be no occupied territories.

But, Israel needs to do one of two things, take over the land and make it Israel and deport anybody who’s got a problem with it, or let the land go. This limbo state is not good. Either of the two options are better.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Dabba wrote:
I watched more of the video now. The comparison to telling blacks to go back to Africa is absolutely fallacious. Blacks were largely forced to come to America as slaves, Jews were not forced to go to Israel. Israel was instituted very recently in history and placed in a spot of turmoil amid historical enemies of the Jews.

Those Jews came from all of the places that she said. If you think that the state of Israel is a “criminal” state, then why is it bigoted to say that the people that moved there should go back to where they came from in the first place before they set up that criminal state? And this is not meant to be a commentary on Israel’s legitimacy, but a defense of someone’s right to speak freely about something they disagree with. [/quote]

She didn’t say Israel one time, she said Jews. And if you think Israel is a “criminal state” your an idiot. It’s the most legal nation in the world as it was voted on by the UN and given to them as their land. The land was conquested by England. You got a problem with the land and who’s on it, talk to them about it.[/quote]

It was “LEGAL” for us to get rid of the native indians too. See the term legal does NOT denote “correct” “just” or anything like that. But you’re meant to think it does. Legal means it’s OK by the set rules of those in Power over YOU.

At least we know who the antisemites are 'round here. Trying to defend the indefensible is a sure sign.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Gregus wrote:
Everything she said is true. No big deal. I don;t see the issue. I see illogical knee jerking preprogrammed responses disguised as original criticism.

The fact is the Jews ARE occupying an unwilling peoples. All this study history crap over and over is a smokescreen. They ARE occupying. That’s why Israel is always in upheaval. They are seen as invaders. But study history and abra cadabra your thinking will change to see them as benevolent home comers. Fuckin lol. [/quote]

If you knew facts, you’d know why your dead fucking wrong. That’s why it important to study your history. They are occupying land because they were attcked and they kicked ass and took land. Had Egypt, Syria, and Jordan not attacked, there would be no occupied territories.

But, Israel needs to do one of two things, take over the land and make it Israel and deport anybody who’s got a problem with it, or let the land go. This limbo state is not good. Either of the two options are better.[/quote]

But the 2 options you presented are a confirmation of Israels Current state of affairs. And this state of affairs stems from the Israelite being seen as an unjust overly propped up by America INTRUDERS.

So the Intruders say were here a MIllenia ago. This land is ours. The Natives say, no were are here for a millenia this place is ours.

The question is this. In the last 100 years who landed on who’s shore and “MOVED IN”?

[quote]pat wrote:
At least we know who the antisemites are 'round here. Trying to defend the indefensible is a sure sign.[/quote]

Oh wait wait wait, is that like being called a racist for disagreeing with OBAMA?

[quote]Gregus wrote:

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

Lemme let you in on a secret (for you). The forebears of the Palestine people that are there now were not there in 1917 when the state of Israel was being formed with the exception of a very, very small amount. Most of the Palestinians that live in Israel now have migrated there since Israel was formed (1917 - 1948).

[/quote]
Cool story bro. The thing is I don’t need to know what the majority of the population specifically was at that time. The majority of people in the area weren’t Jewish. They’ve been exiled a million times which ensured that. They are foreign people forcing their way into the land. Muslims were the majority. Muslims immigrating from one Muslim area to another Muslim area is obviously tolerated by the natives because they are, you guessed it, Muslims. A Jewish minority increasing its presence in a largely Muslim area isn’t.[/quote]

1. Why were there so few Jews remaining in Israel after the 1st century AD - it’s called the diaspora

2. Who lived in the region from 100 AD through 900 AD - a few remaining Jews and other semetic tribes - Arabs.

3. How did Muslims come to occupy Israel - by sword and violence in the 9th thru 12th centuries

5. Are Jews native to the region - yes, by all useful standards. Their forefather Abraham having lived in the region since around 2000 BC, they have the most direct lineage and longest history in the region.

6. The Muslim religion is the invader/parasite of the land, not the Jewish descendants returning to their homeland. It’s the equivalent of returning lands to the native Americans.[/quote]

Well maybe if we dig up history far enough we can say we came here and colonized the USA because it used to ours thousands of years ago too. Screw the native indians we were here a really long time ago too. Just study history. All just a smoke screen.

Israel is an illegal state trying to pretend like its legitimate. It’s as legitimate as putting Indians on a reservation after displacing them in 2010. Reaching back into history to legitimize their occupation is well, Israel. lol. Everything Justified! Justified justified justified. Everyone else is wrong wrong wrong. The story of Israel. And Im Jewish btw.

Religion is not to be used as a history lesson to make legitimate claims to lands like Israel is Doing right now. They’re passing off their religion as history and their history as religion. Effectively mixing the powers of the state and religion as one.

Didn’t we evolve away from a system like that in 1776?[/quote]

Unfortunately documents like the tora and old testament are as reliable a history source as we have. Much of the writing that can be verified and corroborated is. Egyptian text corroborates the departure from Egypt, est. You can disagree with the spiritual side of the text, but the history part is pretty darn reliable.

further, your native American comparison is off, because Europeans weren’t originally on the land, AND the Indians didn’t forcibly take the land from them. (ironically though there are religious texts that claim the native americans are actually a jewish tribe)

However, the whole idea that the Jews are foreign to the land and that it is original someone else’s, is pure anti-semetic propoganda. It is an outright lie that’s used to instigate violence against a race of peoples. It’s entirely bigoted.

[quote]Gregus wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Gregus wrote:

But, Israel needs to do one of two things, take over the land and make it Israel and deport anybody who’s got a problem with it, or let the land go. This limbo state is not good. Either of the two options are better.[/quote]

But the 2 options you presented are a confirmation of Israels Current state of affairs. And this state of affairs stems from the Israelite being seen as an unjust overly propped up by America INTRUDERS.

So the Intruders say were here a MIllenia ago. This land is ours. The Natives say, no were are here for a millenia this place is ours.

The question is this. In the last 100 years who landed on who’s shore and “MOVED IN”? [/quote]

So if it’d been a few years prior, you’d be telling the Arabs to go to hell, it’s Jewish land?

You do realize that you are saying that it’s wrong for Jews to go back to land that was taken from them, and instead they should go “home” to their “native” places, like Germany?

You see them as invaders to israel, and native to Germany? talk about a historically shallow view.

How was it wrong of Jews to leave places that were slaughtering and repressing them? Should they have just stayed through Nazism and through post war violence? Where exactly “should” they have gone?

Who landed on Who’s shore? Do you even have the slightest clue about the origins of the “Palestinians”? You know, the migratory workes that Britain brought into the region to manage their citrus crops? You know, the non-native ones? You do know that there has never been a Palestinian people or nation, right?

This says it all

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Gregus wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Gregus wrote:

The question is this. In the last 100 years who landed on who’s shore and “MOVED IN”? [/quote]

So if it’d been a few years prior, you’d be telling the Arabs to go to hell, it’s Jewish land?

You do realize that you are saying that it’s wrong for Jews to go back to land that was taken from them, and instead they should go “home” to their “native” places, like Germany?

You see them as invaders to israel, and native to Germany? talk about a historically shallow view.

How was it wrong of Jews to leave places that were slaughtering and repressing them? Should they have just stayed through Nazism and through post war violence? Where exactly “should” they have gone?[/quote]

I said no such thing. Merely underlying that ISRAEL is INDEED an occupying state. Pure and simple. Antisemitic or not. That’s a fact disguised by clever arguments.

[quote]Gregus wrote:
I said no such thing. Merely underlying that ISRAEL is INDEED an occupying state. Pure and simple. Antisemitic or not. That’s a fact disguised by clever arguments.
[/quote]

And if the Navajo took over the American Southwest again, they would also be an occupying force then as well? Thanks for clearing that up for me. . .

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]Gregus wrote:
[/quote]

And if the Navajo took over the American Southwest again, they would also be an occupying force then as well? Thanks for clearing that up for me. . . [/quote]

And if they did, would you accept their “right” to occupy you or would you fight them tooth and nail?

What if you could not win because China supports them?

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]Gregus wrote:
[/quote]

And if the Navajo took over the American Southwest again, they would also be an occupying force then as well? Thanks for clearing that up for me. . . [/quote]

And if they did, would you accept their “right” to occupy you or would you fight them tooth and nail?

What if you could not win because China supports them?

[/quote]

Total thread hijack -

I would actually like to have a open court hearing to redress the treaties and the actual history so that it could be determined what was actually promised and not promised, etc. There is a lot of unsolved history between America and the sovereign Indian nations.
/hijack

Well, since every nation is pretty much a tale of one people being displaced by another (not necessarily different ethnic groups), what’s the time frame for ‘getting over it?’

Acording to the Arabs there is not time frame, only the utter destruction of Israel and the West.

[quote]Gregus wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Gregus wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Gregus wrote:

How was it wrong of Jews to leave places that were slaughtering and repressing them? Should they have just stayed through Nazism and through post war violence? Where exactly “should” they have gone?[/quote]

[/quote]

All countries are occupiers by definition. So the Israelis are in as much wrong as everybody else in the world.

she listed Poland and Germany because they are the two places she most strongly associates them with and not because they are countries where many were killed. [/quote]

Oh, so you know what she thinks and why she thinks the way she does? Psychic?

[quote]IrishSteel wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t need to get anything straight, you do.
    Time passes, the end.
    The Jews may have been there first but they left. It doesn’t matter why they left. All that matters is that they did.
    Islam and Muslims set up shop and spent hundreds of years in the area and then the Jews come back expecting to be easily accepted back in.
    How long are you going to honour historical land claims?
    The Jews have a rich history in the region? So do the Muslims.
    Who’s been predominately living in the area for hundreds of years in recent history? Muslims.
    The Jews were exiled several times before Muslims came to the area so it’s not like they were the main force that drove them out.
    The Muslims are natives. They’ve lived there long enough to count as such.

[quote]pat wrote:
And if you think Israel is a “criminal state” your an idiot.[/quote]

God damn, do people ever stop to read what you say? I clearly said I did NOT want to discuss Israel’s legitimacy. Yet I was sacked by a bunch of trigger-happy people here. Sheesh.