Healthy foods that taste good

Chicken salad made with grilled chicken breasts, nonfat MiracleWhip, green onions and a little pepper and mustard.

Nonfat vanilla yogurt on oatmeal or bran flakes with fresh blueberries.

Veggies with nonfat ranch dip, or marinated in italian dressing.

Crystal light and diet sodas.

Rotisserie cooked beef roast w/ mesquite rub.

I keep seeing all these posts that talk about adding cottage cheese to stuff. I’ve never done that. I’ve only eaten cottage cheese by itself.

Does it seriously taste good if you blend it in with protein powders? WTF does that taste like? Intuitively that doesn’t seem like it should taste good but I keep reading about it :slight_smile:

IronMaiden thanks i will look for the dry cottage cheese…

Steihl…yeah cottage cheese can be pretty good with stuff added to it…for a P+C try some F.F. cottage cheese whipped up with some frozen,or fresh strawberries and a scoop of vanilla protein powder,you can even dip a few low fat gram crackers in there and BANG instant “almost” cheese cake…

For some reason I have this great infatuation with an old staple:
1cup rice
1can tuna
1/2cup salsa

heat and eat…mmmm so good

Yeah I’ve tried eating cottage cheese straight out the tub, makes me gag!

If I blend it with some chocolate whey protein powder it’s really quite tasty.

-Matt

How do you guys mix protein powder with cottage cheese? Do you use a blender? And what are the ratios? Like 1 serving of cottage cheese to 1 serving of protein powder?

I still can’t get over how this might taste, but I’m definitely going to try it since so many of you seem to think it’s good :slight_smile:

Steihl, easy to mix. Most cottage cheese has some of that lactose fluid in there, and just add some powder to it.

Now you run into issues if you have too much powder depending on how liquid the cottage cheese is though (talking no blender use).
I personally use 1 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 scoop powder and it’s very easy to mix by hand with spoon. If I go any richer in the powder it still “works” but becomes more powdery than I prefer, to each his own though.

I have a great one for a P/F meal.

Blend
1 cup Cottage cheese
1/4 tsp. Almond extract
1 tsp splenda

Sprinkle with toasted almonds

tastes great, and is a good low carb snack

i would use a blender if you cant stand the texture of CC…i use to do this until i got over the texture and could just eat it out of the tub…Cass i just scored some dry cottage cheese and im gonna whip up your pancakes asap!

what i eat every night before bed:

1 scoop Designer Whey
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
1/3 Cup of water

blend up until smooth, put in the fridge for 2-3 hours (the longer, the better.) just like chocolate pudding.

for a p+f meal add in 2 tbsp. flax meal and a tbsp. or 2 of peanut butter.

good stuff.

I only eat dry cottage cheese now. Used to be hard to find around here, but I’ve now got a steady supply. A lot less volume with the liquid gone and it makes my shakes taste a lot better than they ever did with the liquid cottage cheese. That stuff is awful. even add it straight to oatmeal and it mixes in and tastes like cheese, not like ass, like the other kind.

ok everyone i have to report back about Cass’s P+F pancakes,i had my doubts that they would work but i am here to tell you that these things are AWESOME!!
Now i had to make my own spin to these as i
A. dont happen to have any chocolate protein on hand at this time &
B. dont think i would be a huge fan of the rassberry jello part so here is what i did:

1 whole egg
2 egg whites(converted from grams to OZ.)
10 G vanilla protein powder
25 G dry cottage cheese(about 1 OZ)
a few dashes of cinnamon
a dash of splenda

man let me tell ya i am going to make some more of these in a few hours…next time i am going to double the recipe though…thanks for this one Cassanova!!