Have your Cake and Eat it Too... Acidic Foods.

Here on the site I’ve read that highly acidic foods are not good. Naturally, you should have more alkaline to balance that.

My question is, what are your thoughts on mixing baking soda with your favorite acidic food? (provided you can somehow deal with the taste). I know this sounds rather silly, but I just want to hear some thoughts on the subject.

Could always just eat a lot of spinach and other veggies.

The problem with baking soda is that it neutralizes stomach acid. This is not a good thing. Glutamine is a better choice.

Bicarbonate is usless as an additional blood pH buffer. Your body converts CO2 from metabolism into bicarbonate and then converts it back again when you exhale. This blood pH business really isn’t a concern for anyone unless they have some kind of serious renal disease or bulimia. The end result of more bicarbonate is you would just breathe more and be thirsty to excrete the excess sodium.

The blood pH stuff is nothing to worry about because of the homeostatic mechanisms your body has adapted.

I think blood PH being maintained through the use of calcium and glutamine deposits is a valid if minor concern. Eating your spinach should do the trick among other wonderful things.