Growth Factor Training for Chest

Hi CT,

I have tried the growth factor training for shoulders and I am astounded by how qucikly it changes the shape of the deltoids and how you can feel each fiber of your shoulders post the work out and that too for days together. Pardon me my knowledge on chest training as I tried to come up with my own version for such a routine for chest. Will it be possible for you to post a Growth factor training for the chest ?

Many thanks in advance.

thanks,
Abhi.

Check out the “grwoth factor for legs Thread”

Check out “New pics 28 upadte” Thread by CT.
There you can find informations!

Thanks Ak

Hi CT & others,

This is a growth factor program that I could come up with. Please rate it. I also think that doing this 3 times a week would be a lot of volume ?

Complex A : Warm up complex. Get the joints warmed up.

1. Dumbell Bench Press. Only the lower half : 5 Reps.
  2. Dumbell Bench Press. Only the upper half : 5 Reps.
  3. Dumbell Bench Press. Full movement : 10 Reps.

Complex B :

1. Bench Press medium grip. Lower half of the movement : 5 reps
  2. Bench Press medium grip. Upper half. 5 reps
  3. Full Bench press. 10 reps.

Complex C :

1. Dumbell Flys : 8 reps
  2. Dumbell Press palms facing each other and dumbells pressing each other : 8 reps
  3. Dumbell Flys lower half : 8 reps

Complex D : On incline

1. Bench Press medium grip. Lower half of the movement : 5 reps
  2. Bench Press medium grip. Upper half. 5 reps
  3. Full Bench press. 10 reps.

Complex E :

1. Cable Flys : Body parallel to the floor : 8 reps
  2. Cable Flys : Body inclined 45 degrees to the floor : 8 reps
  3. Dumbell flys : On an incline machine 8 reps

dumbbell bottom-half bench press - 8-12 reps
Guillotine press - near failure
Dips - near failure
Dumbbell flye - failure, hold stretch at bottom position on last rep for at least thirty seconds, drop weight, repeat x2

That’s what I tried, twice a week for two weeks ay the end of upper body sessions, for a chest gf type thing. Really it’s combining two t nation articles (the stretch at the end is from something else). Near failure is me leaving one or two in the tank (safety reasons on guillotine press)

I wouldn’t put Dips in a pump program they would be too taxing. If you look at other CT programs like growth factor for back & shoulders he hasn’t included exercises which are too stressful on the nervous system.

That’s a good point. I’m pretty exhausted after three rounds of that.