Grow! Bars?

I was thinking about this more. Like I had states befor I feel $1.50-$2 isn’t unreasonable for a quality bar.

Also, if you think about it. From what it seems, if they did release the bars again and they proved to sell enough to warrant larger batch productions then I imagine Biotest cost would be reduced which inturn could mean more savings for the T-nation.

Just my thoughts,
Phill

Lemon flavor Grow! bars for sure.

If they are as good as the powder Grow then count me in.

as far as flavor, chocolate is probably the most popular.

price wise, I see crap that goes for $2.50 - $3.00 all the time, so a low cost grow bar would be the ticket.

I know I’d definitely support them, with the shifts I work I don’t always have time or space for shakes. So I’d buy them by the case.
Flavor’s another issue, I tried a couple boxes of the lemon a while ago, and while they weren’t horrible, I know you guys can do better!! Chocolate or PB would be awesome!

I, myself, have to pay up to 3-4$ (canadian dollars, so around 2 - 2.5USD) for a relatively good protein bar.

Knowing how good a company Biotest is, and how good the former Grow! bars tasted I’d personally see no problem in paying the same price for Grow! bars.

I feel that to minimize costs, there should only be 2-3 chosen flavors.

My own favorite being:

• Cookies and cream
  • Chocolate and mint
  • Chocolate and peanut butter

[quote]flabtoslab wrote:

Sell’em in cases of 25? 12 to a box wouldn’t be worth the order.[/quote]

I definetly agree with that.

Another vote for the bars. I’d only buy if you used a different carb though (I’d prefer a little less sweet, but that is optional).

I would definitely buy Grow! bars especially at those prices. Can’t wait for the new Methoxy! What’s going on with Myostat? I heard it is discontinued is this true?

My wife and I loved the Grow bars. Her only problem was the size. She could not eat a whole bar. Would a smaller bar be an option? Something like 1/2 or 3/4 of the original size.

The Grow! bars never really did it for me. The quality was definitley there but the taste & texture was only OK. I would buy them but I would only use them when I was in a real pinch and had nothing else.
I use anywhere from 6-10 servings of Low carb Grow! and Classic Grow! a day b/c I love the taste. The bars were a little harder to get down.
Improve the taste and I’d eat one a day when I’m not dieting.

I currently eat about 60 protein bars per month, as “snacks” between meals. If you gave a little bit of advance notice, I would definitely deplete my current stock and buy GROW bars. As long as the product is of the same quality and tastes as good as the other products. I’m fine with whatever flavor as long as it is not cardboard or ass flavored as many bars seem to be.

That price is more than reasonable considering the crap that is out there now. The lemon bars were great. As for new flavours, blueberry or strawberry and a chocolate would be good.

That price is more than reasonable considering the crap that is out there now. The lemon bars were great. As for new flavours, blueberry or strawberry and a chocolate would be good.

Ladies and Germs,

TC here. Hey, the 95-cent price is what it would cost BIOTEST to create a good bar. That’s not the price we’d sell it for.

What, you think we’re Mother Theresa here?

We’d slap on an acceptable profit margin, but you’ve got to let us know what you think is equitable, i.e., what would you pay for a quality bar?

Those of you who are paying a buck a bar for some other product have to realize that those bars cost about 40 cents to manufacture. They use dirt, naval lint, and the remains of Trigger the horse. That’s why they can charge a buck or a buck-twenty-five.

Truely put only the highest quality healthy ingredients in your product and I would pay 20-30% more per bar for yours than any others on the market.

I guess how much I would pay for a GROW! bar would be directly related to its macro content in comparison to the powdered stuff. I plan on ordering as soon as I get back home (UK). Obviously there is the convenience factor that is worth paying for and also bulk buy discounts. I would be happy to buy a case large enough to last me 30 or 60 days. When it comes to it I’ll prob go for the Low Carb GROW! buy 2 get 1 free deal. It would be pretty simple to add up the cost for the same amount in Bars.

Especially appealing = 2 for 1 deals where the first two products were shakes/bars and the other was the opposite. Obviously you would have to set criteria to maximise your margin but it could be cool. That way you could get the best of both. I imagine most people have a “preferred” method but bars/shakes as a backup would benefit every user.

J

I would pay around $1.50 a bar!

TC, I like the flavors that CT mentioned. Also, point well taken about cost. I think I’d pay $2.00; you get what you pay for. On another note, I received my Alpha Male & Surge 2 days after I ordered. Thank you for the prompt shipment and the research on cutting edge supps.

Most, what I would consider quality, bars, that I have bought cost around $2.oo-$2.50. This is what you end up paying after discounts. Original price being higher. That being said, that price range is what I’d be willing to pay. Anything less than that for a quality product would be an awesome deal.

As far as flavors go, you can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate.

I’ll be yet another person to say yes to Grow! bars. That would make life a little easier…take anywhere meals.

What about some sort of oatmeal flavor? It would make for a good carb source too.