Gay Adoption?

The SA leadership was purged to satisfy the Wehrmacht who were concerned that they were going to try to become a revolutionary peoples’ army[*]. They were also purged to satisfy wealthy indulstrialists who feared their wealth distribution agenda. A deal was made between Hitler, the industrialists and the Wehrmacht to snuff the SA leadership in order to neutralise them. Nothing to do with homosexuals.

Speaking of homosexual Nazis; Roehm was known to be ‘closer’ to Hitler than anyone else. He was the only one allowed to call him ‘my friend’ instead of ‘my leader.’ I think it’s fair to say that homosexuality was rampant amongst the Nazis and that there was a distinct ‘Viennese’ aspect to Hitler’s ‘special relationship’ with Herr Roehm if you know what I mean.

[*] Due to the Versailles Treaty restrictions the Wehrmacht was restricted to 50,000 men - the General Staff remained; the rest of the army went. The SA by contrast had several million members by 1934. That’s why the General Staff feared them.

Orion and SexMachine, as two men from the same country you should get along!

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Orion and SexMachine, as two men from the same country you should get along![/quote]

[quote]Mr. Chen wrote:

[quote]forlife wrote:
Gay couples will have gender disoriented children just like straight parents do. The question is whether this happens with greater frequency for same or opposite sex couples, and the research says it doesn’t. [/quote]
Has there been research to show this conclusively? I submit such research would be unethical.

If you’re willing to accept scientific standards for statistical significance, then yes, research demonstrates conclusively that children with same sex parents are normal on measures of mental health and are no more likely to be gay than are children with opposite sex parents.

Anyone can cherry pick a single outlier and crow about how it proves something, but I’m sure you’re educated enough to realize why that would be fallacious, and why science actually requires looking at large groups of people to identify reliable patterns and determine statistical significance.

[quote]forlife wrote:

If you’re willing to accept scientific standards for statistical significance, then yes, research demonstrates conclusively that children with same sex parents are normal on measures of mental health and are no more likely to be gay than are children with opposite sex parents.[/quote]

There have been no long term studies done as gay adoption is practically brand new. So save your usual drivel on the matter.

[quote]Bambi wrote:
I know a lovely girl aged 18 who’s just off to study maths at Cambridge, who was raised by two women in a civil partnership, one of whom sadly died of cancer this year. Girl is normal as teenage girls can get. But obviously extrapolating from that would be too far.

Also Daily Mail is famous in the UK for lies and distortions.[/quote]

I also know a 12 year old girl being raised by a lesbian couple, and I’d go so far as to say she’s above normal. She’s top of her class, brilliant, musically talented, can carry a witty conversation like an adult, is extremely interested in fashion and horseback riding, and is acting pretty straight in terms of who she pretends is her “boyfriend” at the moment.

What’s more important than who raises the kid is how they raise them. Are they accepting of their child’s preferences regardless of their own, exercise fair, consistent discipline, and nourish their child’s interests? If so, I don’t care who they prefer to have sex with, they are better parents than the majority.

[quote]ironcross wrote:
What’s more important than who raises the kid is how they raise them. Are they accepting of their child’s preferences regardless of their own, exercise fair, consistent discipline, and nourish their child’s interests? If so, I don’t care who they prefer to have sex with, they are better parents than the majority.[/quote]

Well said.

I’m all for nature.

I do believe homosexuality is a natural inclination and I support the right for gays to marry. I certainly don’t want people telling me where I can stick my penis.

In my personal belief, if a gay couple can create a kid then they can have it. I don’t believe adoption should be permitted.

Sorry in advance if offensive.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I’m all for nature.

I do believe homosexuality is a natural inclination and I support the right for gays to marry. I certainly don’t want people telling me where I can stick my penis.

In my personal belief, if a gay couple can create a kid then they can have it. I don’t believe adoption should be permitted.

Sorry in advance if offensive. [/quote]

Lots of straight couples can’t create a kid. If got wanted 'em to have kids, he wouldn’t have made them infertile.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I’m all for nature.

Sorry in advance if offensive. [/quote]

Lots of straight couples can’t create a kid. If got wanted 'em to have kids, he wouldn’t have made them infertile.[/quote]God, nature, the universe… you are right Christine. However, the ability for a man and woman to pro-create exists in nature so adoption isn’t far off from that natural puzzle piece.

The day a homosexual couple can naturally produce a child, I will fully support their right to parenting and I don’t mean that sarcastically.

the previsible consequence of the legalization of gay adoption is not an increase in the number of 5 year old african orphans adopted, but an increase in the number of commercial surrogacies and embryo’s adoptions.

ie child trafficking.

in addition, naturally sterile heterosexual couples would have an harder time adopting children because of the increased competition.

We should remember that having a child is NOT a right. So, the whole “equal right” rhetoric is nothing more than a fallacy.

Is it so hard to face and accept the consequences of one’s lifestyle ?

[quote]ironcross wrote:
What’s more important than who raises the kid is how they raise them. Are they accepting of their child’s preferences regardless of their own, exercise fair, consistent discipline, and nourish their child’s interests? If so, I don’t care who they prefer to have sex with, they are better parents than the majority.[/quote]

x3 (even though I consider homosexuality intrinsically wrong).

I think that the fact that they encourage an 8 year old to become trans-gender means they (the “parents”) are totally, bat-sheet crazy.
While it’s “known” children might have such “inclinations” or thoughts at these age, the fact that his tutors would encourage them (at THIS age) goes to show that (these) parents will insist on making their child gay…
I’d say this is not (only) about the tutor’s sexual orientation, but about their sheer lack of common sense…

they can.
eg :
-a woman in a lesbian relationship can naturally produce a child with a man, and then raise her child with her girlfriend.
In this case, we shouldn’t absurdly consider her a “single mother”.

-A divorced father who discover he is gay shouldn’t be deprived of his parenting rights because of his sexual orientations.

It’s been argued/shown through studies that one of the natural causes of homosexuality in humans is that, in a tribe, it provides extra care-takers for a sister’s children. Studies have also shown that having a gay brother increases a female’s reproductive success and this is argued as the sole reason why homosexuality has not been selected against in nature. Therefore, evolution’s purpose for homosexuality may very well be to increase the survivorship of children by having more caretakers while also increasing female relative’s fertility. I find this thread downright hilarious in light of that.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/l6104277w82137x4/

@ironcross
Than why does homosexuality occur in ~<5% of a population?

[quote]Sterneneisen wrote:
@ironcross
Than why does homosexuality occur in ~<5% of a population?[/quote]

Do a search on google scholar. My fingers are tired. Although, truthfully, you will probably have to look up a lot of the terms you find to understand in both the article I posted and anything of worth you find through google scholar if you’re asking that question. First of all, the percentage of homosexuals is not set at <5% in all populations. But as I said, don’t take my word for it, do your own looking.

[quote]kamui wrote:

-A divorced father who discover he is gay [/quote]

LOL…this just gets better and better…

Well GOLLY…look what I just discovered!

“But you were born that way”

I was?

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:

I was?[/quote]

I have a friend who didn’t find out he way gay until his early 30s. He always considered men attractive, but thought it was more like appreciating art than a sexual thing. Meanwhile, he had trouble getting arroused while having sex with women. After having sex with a couple of men, he figured out this arrousal issue was connected to the sex of his partner. He had no problem with men and found himself much hornier than he’d previously been.

I have another friend who was always told he was gay because he got naked at parties, would always wear a thong, and studies flowers for a living. So he tried making out with a gay dude one time. He even told his wife he was going to do it and received her permission. He shortly figured out that his bodily reaction was decidedly not gay. I also know of a guy who went down on another guy in a mmf and then decided he was not as gay as he’d thought. He never played around with a guy again.

Lastly, I have a female friend who waited until she was in her twenties to tell her parents she was gay because she’d never had sex with a guy and therefore wasn’t sure whether she’d really like it or not (meanwhile, she’d had sex with quite a few women).

My point is, you have to have sex to really know for sure what you like while having sex. Many people think they are going to like one thing, try it, and discover it doesn’t do anything for them or vice versa. This happens with many other variables in sex unrelated to the sex of the partner (kinks). Why does it surprise you that it happens regarding the sex of the partner as well?

[quote]ironcross wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:

I was?[/quote]

I have a friend who didn’t find out he way gay until his early 30s. He always considered men attractive, but thought it was more like appreciating art than a sexual thing. Meanwhile, he had trouble getting arroused while having sex with women. After having sex with a couple of men, he figured out this arrousal issue was connected to the sex of his partner. He had no problem with men and found himself much hornier than he’d previously been.

I have another friend who was always told he was gay because he got naked at parties, would always wear a thong, and studies flowers for a living. So he tried making out with a gay dude one time. He even told his wife he was going to do it and received her permission. He shortly figured out that his bodily reaction was decidedly not gay. I also know of a guy who went down on another guy in a mmf and then decided it was not as gat as he’d though. He never played around with a guy again.

Lastly, I have a female friend who waited until he was in her twenties to tell her parents she was gay because she’d never had sex with a guy and therefore wasn’t sure whether she’d really like it or not (meanwhile, she’d at sex with quite a few women).

My point is, you have to have sex to really know for sure what you like while having sex. Many people think they are going to like one thing, try it, and discover it doesn’t do anything for them or vice versa. This happens with many other variables in sex unrelated to the sex of the partner (kinks). Why does it surprise you that it happens with the the partner’s sex as well?
[/quote]

Good post. In reality, sexuality is an infinite spectrum. However, smallminded bigots like things simple: straight or gay (read: good or bad).

I think people who don’t have the willingness to adopt children in need have no right to say if others can or cannot. Same goes for military service.