Functional Training... lolwut?

The monkey bars part was amazing

[quote]schultzie wrote:
This is just another example of someone who tries to market shit that has been around forever and technically works, but by the time it’s been butchered and made less intimidating and fancy and flashy, all effectiveness is totally lost.

the ropes are too light
step ups with the weight on the toes
olympic ring style suspension device that is on a spring, fucking up your firing patterns
smith machine does the same shit as the adjustable bar. stupid bitch does pushups with brutal supraspinatus grinding form
stupid fucking logo

It’s literally a playground for stupid people at the gym.

When are we going to see ball pits?

I’m sick of this shit. I’ve seen “sandbag training” using a bag the size of a fucking shoe box. The “attitube” which is a god damn sloshpipe, but smaller, and easier. TRX is 150$. What the fuck. It’s a pair of oly rings. Are people this stupid? Everything already exists, It’s just not shiny and multicolored and made completely easy.

Pretty soon I’ll be walking past a fitness room and see people doing 1/4 squats with a 10lb bodybar that has bike chains hanging from them. Dynamic effort squats.

ITS CALLED A SLOSHTUBE and theyre fun but shit just get pvc pipe and fill it 1/3 with water… rofl

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:
In any case, looks like a lot of fun, something to do on a conditioning day![/quote]

I agree, unfortuneatly I don’t go to the gym to have fun - that’s what my bedroom is for. If you have having fun, especially cardio/conditioning you’re doing it wrong.

look at how out of shape 90% of them were. They gotta have fun to get them started and motivated. Anyone that has trained longer than 3 months knows you gotta work with the highest intensity possible to get what you want. You gotta start somewhere you know.

Credit where credits due. You know someone is making some money off these things.

God I hate those people so much.

We have thick rope we bought from the Marina, at our Studio.

The people making fun of it, haven’t thrown it into a conditioning day yet.

It’s far from functional, unless you ride monster fucking horses all day, but it’s still a great tool and a good change of pace.

Some of that stuff looks like an utter waste of time, the dip and “push-up” attachments don’t look like they could handle much stress either. Most of the “core” movements are just classic cases of thinking fancy is better, and in this case it certainly is not. A device like the TRX or blast straps are the line for me…after that shit seems to drift away from function and towards stupidity.

This right here is the TrueFittness box pure ridiculousness.

this gem here Who in there right mind would dish out cash for this?

Worst. Gym. Ever.

that jungle gym looks awesome. but that attitube shit should be blown the fuck up. who wrote the slosh-pipe article?

[quote]Mar73 wrote:

…I don’t get it…

what is being trained?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Mar73 wrote:

…I don’t get it…

what is being trained?[/quote]

Obviously they’re ‘producing power’ through slingshot bosu jump dropsets anchored via the true fitness sports performance box. What kinda gym noob can’t figure that out?

Those staggered monkey bars was some Ninja Warrior shit. I liked that part.

The rest of it is pretty much terrible though. Whatever happened to lifting weights and running?

[quote]Mar73 wrote:
This right here is the TrueFittness box pure ridiculousness.

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with that let his PT cert expire on purpose. “Man, I used to work with these fools, I don’t what they were doing. They weren’t working out, they was trying to kill theyselves. I can’t be responsible for that shit man.”

Looks like a bunch of kids at recess.

[quote]showerstm wrote:
The monkey bars part was amazing[/quote]
that was easily the best part.

perhaps i’m too desensitized by the retarded shit I’ve seen in commercial gyms, but I don’t find any of this appalling. i’d rather see trainees using this than p90x

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
perhaps i’m too desensitized by the retarded shit I’ve seen in commercial gyms, but I don’t find any of this appalling. i’d rather see trainees using this than p90x[/quote]

I dislike the inherent retardation of people saying that strength is only functional if you developed that strength from, for the sake of the argument, a Crossfit workout. No. Strength is functional regardless of whether it’s from lifting weights, climbing ropes, or just having to carry around heavy objects. Your muscles don’t cease to work.

[quote]goldengloves wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
perhaps i’m too desensitized by the retarded shit I’ve seen in commercial gyms, but I don’t find any of this appalling. i’d rather see trainees using this than p90x[/quote]

I dislike the inherent retardation of people saying that strength is only functional if you developed that strength from, for the sake of the argument, a Crossfit workout. No. Strength is functional regardless of whether it’s from lifting weights, climbing ropes, or just having to carry around heavy objects. Your muscles don’t cease to work.

[/quote]
x2

I never ENDORSED this product. I probably wouldn’t use any of this shit…I just wanted to point out that there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to poor training practices.