Fuerza Quest: UNLIMITED POWWWAAAAAAA

1 Like

OK PUUURRRDY Shitty Workout today
Squats to a single at 495 and 2 or 3 singles at 405
Some Sumo Deadlifting with 135 (all rep PRs)
Some Prehab

Yea did everything wrong today. Didnt walk to the gym then cut about 90% of my warmups out because the rack and everything was actually open. Despite that mobility was on point with everything except my front rack. Tweaked my knee pretty bad on the 495 because I didnt open my hips. I couldnt even really walk on it but it feels fine now. Then tweaked something in my glute ham tie in area on the last 405 single.

I was excited for today because of last workout but I am also not surprised it went poorlyā€¦also because of last workout. I kind of expected it to be a bit rough but not THIS rough. Oh well, live and relearn old shit.

Wifey and I are indulging in our monthly cheat meal(s). I am going to see how many pints of ice cream I can eat while we watch our shows to drown our mutual sorrows. Worse days have been and will be had LOL HAPPY MONDAY!!!

5 Likes

There must be something in the air today because my workout sucked as well.

1 Like

Ass n TIttā€¦knees
Butt still sore but my knee seems fine so that is kind of a huge relief.

BRO PULL
-Hammer Lat Down
Ton x Ton
-Pullups
3x10 (really impressed a couple high school kids who were struggling with them)
-Bar Curls
-Machine Curls

Wasnt feeling super. Kind of depressed with my butt and yesterdays workout so went in and just did what ever. I also wasnt about to do anything that had to put a lot of pressure on my glute so that ruled out any actual rowing.

OK, tomorrow is bench and hopefully the booty is better.

Pullups are awesome:-)

1 Like

How to Husband Like a Pro vs Bro.

Difficulty Level:

Angry Wife: 4
Jealous Wife: 6
Jealous Angry Wife:

This fight is about a month old and hilarious being on the outside of it. The day I saw the video of him spotting her I told him to tell his GF but noooooo.

BENCH DAY
BENCH
7@315
5x5@265

SEATE DUM OHP
Lebron with 60s

PEC DEC supaset TRICEP WORK

Everything felt good.

Glute is feeling good. I will probably post pone my next Squat workout a day anyways.

DIET: Seriously not enough is made of clean eating. When I eat my version of clean (stricter than most) not only does my body transform but I stop having cravings, I am rarely hungry and I actually often end up force feeding myself to get all my calories in while still on a slight calorie deficit.

1 Like

SKWATs
3x3@135
2x3@225
2@315
1s @ 405-495-545
2@565 (rep PR)

SUMO DEADS
2x10@135 but hurting my good knee so stopped

Nice double PR. I am realizing I have become a pansy, afraid to fail, afraid to get hurt and wanting everything to feel light and move fast. I think I just forgot how weights feel and when I think back I remember how easy some weights felt sometimes.

My goal for Prep will be to hit 585 for 2 or 3.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCztcqhVdz/?hl=en

NAP TIME!!!

3 Likes

Dude, I would be scared AF of getting stapled in that rack.

Just sayinā€™!

and I am, sadly the best ā€œpower rackā€ will flip over if I racked the weight as I did with this set. It has to be the worst designed power rack EVER.

ROWS
Barbell Rows
Pullups
Dumbell Rows
Bar Curls
Hammer Curls
Reverse Curls
Machine Preacher Unilateral Curls

LOL I did more Curls than Back workā€¦back work was also mostly light.

@littlesleeper Not going to lie at first glance I was going to start adding instant coffee to my post workout shake. I guess it had nothing to do caffeine and stomach acid. They dont know why but they didnt say it was that soooā€¦

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiFZF3GjURP/?hl=en&saved-by=kerberos773

No (true) control group so minds well be a worthless study IMO. They used Day 1 as a control group or baseline but that isnt what a control group or baseline is.

Other issues:
-done over 2 days and Caffeine tested on 2nd (and in my gut I think day 2 would have better uptake)
-Cardio Types? I dont know all the different types of cardio but those dont look similar. So not even their baseline is a real baseline.

Also in my gut I feel like these guys knew a lot about cardio and skewed a study to get the results they wanted.

The only credible thing about this claim so far is that he isnt selling caffeine supplementsā€¦but it does help him sell his diet plan soā€¦

OK HAPPY FREEDAY!!! Botanas y BASKETBALL!!!

2 Likes

Future Reference:

MOb%20BF%25

4 Likes

PRESS WORK
OHP 1s@
45 (PR for 2018)
135 (PR for 2018)
185 (PR for 2018)
205 (PR for 2018)
225 (PR for 2018)
245 (PR for 2018 and 10lbs off all time PR but this was RPE9.5)

BENCH
42 Reps at 245

PEC DEC

Nothing fun going on for Bench so why not play with OHP. I will test it again sometime next week.

OK THIS SHIT IS KIND OF FUNNY (except for the injury):

The 2 things I tell everybody with any kind of tweak is see a doctor or get a 2nd opinion.

Luis Timeline of Pec Tearā€¦
WEDNESDAY: AMRAP PR, pain starts
SATURDAY: Heavy Singles, pain progress
SUNDAY: Foam roll it, gets massively worse
MONDAY: Sends me a pic with blood lines on it (1st I heard of any pain in the last 3 weeks)

I am like WTF?!?! Hoping his GF in a jealous rage hit him with a curling iron or some shit but knowing that itā€™s a pec tear.

He confirmed not GF related so I sent him to the doctor or that equivalent.

The doctor told him nothing was torn.

Immediately I am like get a new doctor but then I asked how did the doctor come to that conclusion?

Well the doctor felt around and it was insanely painful.

And the blood lines?

He said I pulled out hairs from foam rolling.

F291ccac95eec1942535475f65909a52_-i-should-laugh-or-facepalm-facepalm-meme_604-453

NOTE TO LIFTERS DONT TRAIN THROUGH PAIN!!! taking the 2 days off to recover or get right will be a lot less time than it takes to recover from a less mild injury as pain.

I feel for his GF and his lack of communication skills. Long story short we added a ā€œpainā€ column right next to the RPE column in all of his trackers.

OK Going to have some Saturday fun that isnt drinking despite REALLLLY needing oneā€¦but not wanting one LOL

3 Likes

SUNDAY FUNDAY
Bro Back and Gunz

Kind of lost motivation half way through because i had this vision everybody was having pancakes without me so I cut it short. I made it in time so now it is PANCAKE TIME!!!

The higher your bodyfat the more mobility work you need?

I feel like the leaner I get the more I need to focus on recovering outside the gym (sleep, mobility, etc)ā€¦but I guess that could just be due to the calorie deficit rather than the actual BF%. Hmm.

Lol! What theā€¦? Yea, new doctor is probably a good idea here.

As soon as my belly gets a little big my SI Joint goes nuts and that is kind of like pulling jenga blocks for the rest of my body.

For me sleep and even meal timing yes but muscle/joint recovery is completely different for me than mobility.

CNS actually seems better being leaner too some how.

Your BF% is consistently lower than mine though which will probably change some things. (I put you in the low range of 11-15 and me in the high range of that.)

2 Likes

Iā€™m definitely more on the side of recovering better when Iā€™m fatter. Also being stronger, TBH, as long I keep the fatness under some degree of control.

Actually, question, because you are wise in these matters: would you say pull-ups are a good gauge of body composition?

1 Like

Markko with the fun Sunday thought puzzle!

No and yes. I mean you cant say for certain that pullups indicate anything but power to weight ratio BUUUT very rarely do you see higher BF% people repping out pullups either.*

I definitely think it is an indicator of general fitnessā€¦ which includes BF%.

My best non-answer answer :slight_smile:

*I was going to use Ray as an example of high BF% doing pullups as the exception but after seeing that definition I think his BF% has to be lower than I thought.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ40QjElEpp/

1 Like

Yeah, this is why I was surprised I could do three pullups three times last week, lol. Not exactly repping them out, but I never thought I could get even one - the long arms thing.

1 Like

Good non-answer. As I gain weight, I look at it along the lines of if I can do pull-ups as well or better as I could at a lower weight, my weight gain is being ā€˜productiveā€™ - ie whatever fat Iā€™ve gained must have come along with a fair amount of muscle too.

2 Likes

SO PROUD OF WIFEY!!! This morning she carried her little sister down the driveway to the car like it was nothing (sister was late and barefoot). This is why she lifts (even if Wifey thinks it is to get skinnier).

AM EASY SQUATs
Squats
3x3@135
2x3@225
3@315

Thats it. It felt a bit rough but it only matters how I feel on Friday.

I am testing a different Peak Week strategy.

Normally I would work up to my last warmup set (80-85%) maybe Sunday and another light workout on Tuesday (3x3@~30%) for a Saturday Comp.

My reasoning is I rust shut kind of quickly when I dont do something and also I donā€™t want to get on the platform and have something feel heavy that normally wouldnt. That tends to happen after a long lay off.

I think @MarkKO calls this ā€œstaying in the gameā€ and thinks it less than optimal.

This time I had my last heavy session on Thursday (2@Open). Monday 3@~50% and then Friday I YOLO AFā€¦sort of.

My goal is 615 minimum in Rocktape 5mm Sleeves which matches my all time Rocktape PR while being basically Natty (in comparison).

EDIT: NEVERMIND I was only running ~400mg Test and ~500mg Tren and a couple days of Winstrol and Anavar for the 1st 600+ (615). For the 635 I added the Tren Ace a couple days out. No Superdrol. Huh, shit gonna get real next week. Shit gonna get real AF July.

One last Edit: FK MASTERON

This time I am about 4kg heavier at similar BF% though.

OK Gonna smash food all day and hopefully get the sickest arm pump of my life later.

3 Likes

GUNZ BABY!!!
Tricep Vbar 4x15 (warmup)
Dumbell Skull Crusher 3x12
Reverse Grip Cable Extension 3x15
Unilateral Machine Crusher
Chinups 3x8
Bar Curl 3x10
Dum Curlā€¦ish
Reverse Curlā€¦ish

Pretty sick pump but my arms had had it by the time I got to biceps.

As I am getting leaner some of my veins are coming back like hellllllooooo old friends. I am really excited for the next few months. My diet is in check. I think my training is in check and even if my squats suck I have some BBing side projects that I think will be fun.

OK off to watch infinity warā€¦

3 Likes