Frank Yang - Suicides

[quote]cormac wrote:
None of your numbers are in any way impressive from an athletic viewpoint. It’s only moderately impressive that this is what you do “for fun.” The screaming and the stupid headbanger shit that you do is retarded.

Also, I think your sexual preference is becoming more and more questionable with these extremely unnecessary shirtless / thong / singlet clips, I’m just going to assume that’s the main point of your YouTube stuff.

To me, it’s just hilarious that you have a sort of cult following on teh intarwebz that is more based on your video-editing skills, and your weird antics than your talent - and you seem perfectly okay with that.

That will be all.[/quote]

The video was obviously for fun.

He trains. He trains well. He obviously knows what he’s doing. He’s not a professional athlete.

What’s the problem?

If watching his videos puts us in a ‘cult’ that follows him, then I suppose you’re part of this ‘cult’ too.

Moreover, I guess we’re all in a weight lifting ‘cult’, and interaction over the ‘intarwebs’ is just part of the territory nowadays.

[quote]cormac wrote:
None of your numbers are in any way impressive from an athletic viewpoint. It’s only moderately impressive that this is what you do “for fun.” The screaming and the stupid headbanger shit that you do is retarded.

Also, I think your sexual preference is becoming more and more questionable with these extremely unnecessary shirtless / thong / singlet clips, I’m just going to assume that’s the main point of your YouTube stuff.

To me, it’s just hilarious that you have a sort of cult following on teh intarwebz that is more based on your video-editing skills, and your weird antics than your talent - and you seem perfectly okay with that.

Why does what hole he sticks his penis into matter to you so much? Especially on a strength training website? I don’t get why you’re so fixated about who he likes to have sex with.

Is heterosexual sex better for recovery than homosexual sex? Or does it promote better gains?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
cormac wrote:

That will be all.

Why does what hole he sticks his penis into matter to you so much? Especially on a strength training website? I don’t get why you’re so fixated about who he likes to have sex with.

Is heterosexual sex better for recovery than homosexual sex? Or does it promote better gains?[/quote]

You’re on a bodybuilding website. There’s a lot of near-nude pics. I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with a singlet or taking your shirt off because you’re amped up. The thong was done for the same purpose this video was. Entertainment.

Keep the videos coming, digitalair. The jumps are impressive, as well as the lifting videos. Keep training. Keep making videos.

beef

[quote]cormac wrote:

I don’t think I’d beat Yang right now, but spare me the ad hominem argument bullshit, please. [/quote]

do you even know what an ad hominem argument is?? i have scanned this entire thread and the closest i can find to one against you is when someone questioned whether you are jealous.

most of the responses are simply defending yangs relative strength which, despite your unproven assertions, is very good.

The retard level logic you guys are throwing at me here is just ridiculous. Can anybody please for the love of Christ address any of the issues that were raised, instead of nit-picking on the most incomprehensibly irrelevant points you can come up with?

I’m surprised nobody has corrected me on a speelling error or namedropped their favorite internet coach that gave them advice in the Author’s Locker Room one time in order to strengthen their argument.

The point is, Yang’s numbers are NOT objectively speaking, all that impressive. If you believe his relative strength numbers are ‘world class,’ please, I mean where do you live?

If you’re one of the few people who said you like his vids because they’re entertaining, then I commend you, for making some sense.

The only value Frank’s vids provide are pure hilarity.

He can jump high, his lifts are pretty average. I give him credit for the jumping, and being funny, his lifts are average of an athlete that trains with sense.

[quote]cormac wrote:

Hey cormac,

are you pissed because I stole your bf?

[quote]cormac wrote:
There are people on this site I can have attest to my box jump and standing vert jump, but what difference does it make whatsoever? I really don’t give a shit what the T-Mag readership thinks about my credibility.

Your responses constitute an ad hominem argument - as you’re attacking what I said on the basis of my background, as well as a pathetic straw man argument, as you are misrepresenting my position on the issue altogether.

My point is not that his numbers are not good compared to the typical trainee, I am talking about the intermediate - advanced athlete, bros.

I just think that people are blown away by his numbers since they have never trained with real life competitive track and field or olympic weightlifter athletes.

That’s fine, but you must understand the vast majority of guys out there with good numbers are not training to bump up their internet cred.[/quote]

[quote]cormac wrote:
jtrinsey wrote:
Anybody who has actually trained with high level athletes knows how impressive a legit 40" vertical is.

Is his squat overly impressive? No. But his jumping ability (from a stand) absolutely is world-class, there’s no argument about that. His standing vertical would put him in the top 10 or so at the NFL combine every year. Yes I would say that’s impressive.

I know quite a few olympic weightlifters whose measured standing countermovement vertical (which is what Yang demonstrated to us at 40") is in the 38"-41" range. These are guys who fare well at the local and regional level, some do alright at the national level, do not train using plyometrics or do much if any SST for increasing their jump, are not doped, and are certainly not ‘world-class’ as you put it.

In my opinion these are very talented guys, they’re more advanced than I am as an olympic lifter - and I respect their achievements and knowledge a great deal. I owe a lot to what I’ve learned and strive to become more like them on a daily basis in my training.

For what very little it’s worth, I was able to do 60" box jumps with a 225 power clean months ago and had no experience with box jump training before - My power has improved since then. Am I ‘world class’ yet? I have not had my own standing CMJ measured in an accurate manner, but it would be interesting to see.

I don’t think I’d beat Yang right now, but spare me the ad hominem argument bullshit, please. I am not a self-aggrandizing kid with a massive T-Mag and YouTube following. That’s where this is all obviously absurd.

To get to the main crux of my argument against what you have said…

You are comparing apples and oranges here, and it’s obvious why.

NFL combine athletes typically weigh well over 200 lbs, thus their vertical jump tests (a countermovement test is used) demonstrate an ability to generate far greater power than a 150 lb kid.

This is merely one of a multitude of tests on the ability to generate power, and to my knowledge Yang would get absolutely smoked in the combine.

On the matter of Yang’s being successful in any competitive environment, what’s his best 55 meter time? Balls. The guy hasn’t achieved anything except a cult internet following.
[/quote]

[quote]cormac wrote:
The retard level logic you guys are throwing at me here is just ridiculous. Can anybody please for the love of Christ address any of the issues that were raised, instead of nit-picking on the most incomprehensibly irrelevant points you can come up with?

I’m surprised nobody has corrected me on a speelling error or namedropped their favorite internet coach that gave them advice in the Author’s Locker Room one time in order to strengthen their argument.

The point is, Yang’s numbers are NOT objectively speaking, all that impressive. If you believe his relative strength numbers are ‘world class,’ please, I mean where do you live?

If you’re one of the few people who said you like his vids because they’re entertaining, then I commend you, for making some sense.

The only value Frank’s vids provide are pure hilarity.[/quote]

[quote]digitalairair wrote:
cormac wrote:

[/quote]

cormac wrote:

[/quote]

digitalairair wrote:
cormac wrote:

[/quote]

digitalairair wrote:
digitalairair wrote:
cormac wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]cormac wrote:

Thanks for ruining the thread.

LOOOL

I think I fucked up my spleen laughing at these pictures.

Frank Yang has great jumping ability. Sure, he looks like an attention whore, but even if that’s true, I don’t see why I have to bash him saying something like:
“I train with some weightlifters who blow him out of the water, and they even aren’t top national level”

I have seen World and Olympic medalists training, but this doesn’t mean I won’t say “Good job, keep it like that” at the kid who posted his new 150 lbs bench PR.

One of the reasons Frank has something of a cult going on is that he’s fuckin’ funny (sometimes bordering with retarded, but that’s part of the fun)

[quote]cormac wrote:
jtrinsey wrote:
Anybody who has actually trained with high level athletes knows how impressive a legit 40" vertical is.

Is his squat overly impressive? No. But his jumping ability (from a stand) absolutely is world-class, there’s no argument about that. His standing vertical would put him in the top 10 or so at the NFL combine every year. Yes I would say that’s impressive.

I know quite a few olympic weightlifters whose measured standing countermovement vertical (which is what Yang demonstrated to us at 40") is in the 38"-41" range. These are guys who fare well at the local and regional level, some do alright at the national level, do not train using plyometrics or do much if any SST for increasing their jump, are not doped, and are certainly not ‘world-class’ as you put it.

In my opinion these are very talented guys, they’re more advanced than I am as an olympic lifter - and I respect their achievements and knowledge a great deal. I owe a lot to what I’ve learned and strive to become more like them on a daily basis in my training.

For what very little it’s worth, I was able to do 60" box jumps with a 225 power clean months ago and had no experience with box jump training before - My power has improved since then. Am I ‘world class’ yet? I have not had my own standing CMJ measured in an accurate manner, but it would be interesting to see.

I don’t think I’d beat Yang right now, but spare me the ad hominem argument bullshit, please. I am not a self-aggrandizing kid with a massive T-Mag and YouTube following. That’s where this is all obviously absurd.

To get to the main crux of my argument against what you have said…

You are comparing apples and oranges here, and it’s obvious why.

NFL combine athletes typically weigh well over 200 lbs, thus their vertical jump tests (a countermovement test is used) demonstrate an ability to generate far greater power than a 150 lb kid.

This is merely one of a multitude of tests on the ability to generate power, and to my knowledge Yang would get absolutely smoked in the combine.

On the matter of Yang’s being successful in any competitive environment, what’s his best 55 meter time? Balls. The guy hasn’t achieved anything except a cult internet following.
[/quote]

Okay sure, you win. I have no desire to engage in an internet argument/pissing contest. Perhaps you know tons of guys who jump over 40". I doubt it, but perhaps it is true. I doubt you can do a 60" box jump but again, perhaps that s true also. Again, I doubt it. Good luck with your training.

i never post here and barely even log in anymore but cormac is so full of shit that i need to respond.

cormac i didn’t want to do this but i’ve seen you train and you are a weak bitch, bottom line. name the lifters with 40" verticals in the usaw that are not national calibur lifters that have been training for more than a year at the lifts. You can’t because you are full of shit. there are VERY VERY VERY few lifters in the usaw approaching a 40" vertical and I have lifted with one in a meet. he is a freak, most usaw lifters aren’t even athletic.

cormac what are your numbers? post a video of you doing a standing 60" box jump and a 35"+ vert. You won’t do this because you can’t. However, you will simply argue that you don’t need to prove anything to “T-Nation trash”. you’ll then run back to bodyrecomp (uh oh, im actually a member there) and whine about how gay tnation is in the hatin forum. following that, this thread will appear and lyle will tear you to shreds like hes done in the past.

wait a second, didn’t lyle just rip you apart the other day claiming u were using ad hominem and straw man arguments? oh then a couple days later u show up here trying to use his language with no logical basis. christ ur a fucking moron and it pisses me off.

frank yang is faster and stronger than you. you’re technique in olympic weightlifting blows. you’re jumping ability is most definitely not equal to frank’s and your ability to reason is piss poor. just quit the internetz please.

All I can say after those pics is,…Santa ain’t coming near my house ever again!