Frank Yang - Suicides

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
From anyone else, I’d think WTF???

But since it’s you, I just figure…“ah, it’s Frank”[/quote]

Exactly!

Best video ever.

hahaha, best video I’ve seen in a while.

Representin’ Titan. Nice. You’re looking thicker than me and I’m about 185. Has your weight gone up or are you still at like 160?

I kinda feel like I’m watching a stuff film for track & field. Pretty artfully done. If that’s a word.

You should defiantly continue doing this once a week until you can go without vomiting.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
You can’t absorb that much potassium or calcium in one go, so why eat & drink that much? Great way to vomit.

I just bought 5 sonic burgers for 5 bucks. I should eat them all, then do ab work!

I’ll just keep shaking my head till the insanity subsides.[/quote]

HA!

None of your numbers are in any way impressive from an athletic viewpoint. It’s only moderately impressive that this is what you do “for fun.” The screaming and the stupid headbanger shit that you do is retarded.

Also, I think your sexual preference is becoming more and more questionable with these extremely unnecessary shirtless / thong / singlet clips, I’m just going to assume that’s the main point of your YouTube stuff.

To me, it’s just hilarious that you have a sort of cult following on teh intarwebz that is more based on your video-editing skills, and your weird antics than your talent - and you seem perfectly okay with that.

That will be all.

[quote]cormac wrote:
None of your numbers are in any way impressive from an athletic viewpoint.[/quote]

How many people do you know who can hit 40" on a jump pad?

[quote]cormac wrote:
None of your numbers are in any way impressive from an athletic viewpoint. It’s only moderately impressive that this is what you do “for fun.” The screaming and the stupid headbanger shit that you do is retarded.

Also, I think your sexual preference is becoming more and more questionable with these extremely unnecessary shirtless / thong / singlet clips, I’m just going to assume that’s the main point of your YouTube stuff.

To me, it’s just hilarious that you have a sort of cult following on teh intarwebz that is more based on your video-editing skills, and your weird antics than your talent - and you seem perfectly okay with that.

That will be all.[/quote]

a 40" vertical and ridiculous box jumps are not impressive?

What are your numbers again?

[quote]cormac wrote:

Lighten up, and I’d be surprised if you (or more than a few people here) had better relative/strength power numbers.

yes, he is weird as hell. and i think he knows that. so do we, get over it.

[quote]cormac wrote:

his numbers aren’t impressive from a powerlifting standpoint you mean? How many athletes have better relative strength than him that we won’t see competing in Bejing?

[quote]cormac wrote:

Sounds like someone is jealous.

There are people on this site I can have attest to my box jump and standing vert jump, but what difference does it make whatsoever? I really don’t give a shit what the T-Mag readership thinks about my credibility.

Your responses constitute an ad hominem argument - as you’re attacking what I said on the basis of my background, as well as a pathetic straw man argument, as you are misrepresenting my position on the issue altogether.

My point is not that his numbers are not good compared to the typical trainee, I am talking about the intermediate - advanced athlete, bros.

I just think that people are blown away by his numbers since they have never trained with real life competitive track and field or olympic weightlifter athletes.

That’s fine, but you must understand the vast majority of guys out there with good numbers are not training to bump up their internet cred.

[quote]cormac wrote:
None of your numbers are in any way impressive from an athletic viewpoint. It’s only moderately impressive that this is what you do “for fun.” [/quote]

Frank, don’t you run Track?

Sorry, but the Box Jumps are still impressive. Loui Simmons is constantly bragging about how his training methods have produced world class athletes who can do 52’ box jumps. So, how is a 60’ box jump not impressive? I’ve seen a few other box jumps above 55’ but most of them are from a running start.

Sure, he couldn’t total elite and he’s not a pro athlete, but come on.

cormac: A 40" VJ is incredible even at the world class level. I believe JUSTIN GATLIN at the UT pro day this year was in the 38"-39" range for some perspective. Frank trains for his own entertainment without any real goal or sport in mind. Be that as it may, his GPP levels are very high my friend. If the athletes of our pro sport leagues had the abilities relative to bodyweight as Yang does they would be whole different leagues!

[quote]duck_dodger23 wrote:
cormac: A 40" VJ is incredible even at the world class level. I believe JUSTIN GATLIN at the UT pro day this year was in the 38"-39" range for some perspective. Frank trains for his own entertainment without any real goal or sport in mind. Be that as it may, his GPP levels are very high my friend. If the athletes of our pro sport leagues had the abilities relative to bodyweight as Yang does they would be whole different leagues!

[/quote]

Yet this elite athelte with elite numbers plays no sport. Who gives a damn about money, and fame. Much rather be known for being on youtube.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

Yet this elite athelte with elite numbers plays no sport. [/quote]

Uh… he hasn’t totaled elite. Elite for a 165 Man would be 1580 for his Total.

I just wonder how long it will be before the tracks of high schools across America are covered with a curdled milk/chewed bananna pukey mess?

[quote]
Yet this elite athelte with elite numbers plays no sport. Who gives a damn about money, and fame. Much rather be known for being on youtube.[/quote]

That was kinda my point. If he was training for a sport he wouldn’t be able to have those kind of numbers. If the guy enjoys training who are we as sportsmen (and women) to diss on that? Maybe he has other things he wants to do with his life.

You gotta give respect to a guy with a 40" VJ man. Especially when you consider he started in the high 20’s.

[quote]cormac wrote:
There are people on this site I can have attest to my box jump and standing vert jump, but what difference does it make whatsoever? I really don’t give a shit what the T-Mag readership thinks about my credibility.

Your responses constitute an ad hominem argument - as you’re attacking what I said on the basis of my background, as well as a pathetic straw man argument, as you are misrepresenting my position on the issue altogether.

My point is not that his numbers are not good compared to the typical trainee, I am talking about the intermediate - advanced athlete, bros.

I just think that people are blown away by his numbers since they have never trained with real life competitive track and field or olympic weightlifter athletes.

That’s fine, but you must understand the vast majority of guys out there with good numbers are not training to bump up their internet cred.[/quote]

That post is better than your last, questioning if he’s gay and about his uploading videos on youtube. Who really cares if he’s gay or whatever.

The important part is that he GOT THAT SHIT out of his stomach like he intended. :slight_smile:

[quote]cormac wrote:
I just think that people are blown away by his numbers since they have never trained with real life competitive track and field or olympic weightlifter athletes.[/quote]

Anybody who has actually trained with high level athletes knows how impressive a legit 40" vertical is.

Is his squat overly impressive? No. But his jumping ability (from a stand) absolutely is world-class, there’s no argument about that. His standing vertical would put him in the top 10 or so at the NFL combine every year. Yes I would say that’s impressive.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
Anybody who has actually trained with high level athletes knows how impressive a legit 40" vertical is.

Is his squat overly impressive? No. But his jumping ability (from a stand) absolutely is world-class, there’s no argument about that. His standing vertical would put him in the top 10 or so at the NFL combine every year. Yes I would say that’s impressive.[/quote]

I know quite a few olympic weightlifters whose measured standing countermovement vertical (which is what Yang demonstrated to us at 40") is in the 38"-41" range. These are guys who fare well at the local and regional level, some do alright at the national level, do not train using plyometrics or do much if any SST for increasing their jump, are not doped, and are certainly not ‘world-class’ as you put it.

In my opinion these are very talented guys, they’re more advanced than I am as an olympic lifter - and I respect their achievements and knowledge a great deal. I owe a lot to what I’ve learned and strive to become more like them on a daily basis in my training.

For what very little it’s worth, I was able to do 60" box jumps with a 225 power clean months ago and had no experience with box jump training before - My power has improved since then. Am I ‘world class’ yet? I have not had my own standing CMJ measured in an accurate manner, but it would be interesting to see.

I don’t think I’d beat Yang right now, but spare me the ad hominem argument bullshit, please. I am not a self-aggrandizing kid with a massive T-Mag and YouTube following. That’s where this is all obviously absurd.

To get to the main crux of my argument against what you have said…

You are comparing apples and oranges here, and it’s obvious why.

NFL combine athletes typically weigh well over 200 lbs, thus their vertical jump tests (a countermovement test is used) demonstrate an ability to generate far greater power than a 150 lb kid.

This is merely one of a multitude of tests on the ability to generate power, and to my knowledge Yang would get absolutely smoked in the combine.

On the matter of Yang’s being successful in any competitive environment, what’s his best 55 meter time? Balls. The guy hasn’t achieved anything except a cult internet following.