Foods / Condiments You Are Unsure of Eating...

Although the nutritional facts looks good i’m still not sure if I should be eating these things when trying to lose the last few pounds of BF.

For example, Pepperidge Farm makes a carb style bread (whole wheat, of course) thats 60 cal’s, 1.5g of total fat (no saturated), 5g of Protein, 3g of Fiber and 5g of carbs total. To me, it looks pretty beneficial, as long as you don’t go overboard. What is everyones thoughts on this?

Also, I Can’t Believe Its Not Butter has a spray that has 0’s across the board in terms of nutritional facts. I believe it has 15mg of sodium (which is nothing…) after 15 sprays or so. I also have been using this to make eggs taste better.

Looking at the ingredients these foods don’t seem to have anything bad in them (such as many breads have high fructose corn syrup, the carb style bread does not), so I was wondering if these could be used during a fat loss cycle?

Also, anyone else who has foods that they are unsure of eating that look good on paper just post it, i’m sure others out there have similar questions. Thanks

as far as condiments go almost everything i look at premade in the supermarket has one or more of these problems:

• HFCS
  • Sugar/liquid sugar as a main ingredient → 5+ grams sugar per tablespoon
  • 250 mg + sodium per tablespoon

these nutritional bombs seem to happen in every single condiment except some mustards and hot sauces

High fucktose corn syrup is the main ingredient in damn near everything. My only vice is ketchup. It’s just wrong not to put that on a burger.

Soy souce is a sodium bomb. Try to stay away from that stuff. Even the low sodium stuff is pretty much insanity.

soy sauce is also a bomb if you have a soy allergy/sensitivity which is common in north america

well I usually check in the ingredients of foods if it has high fructose corn syrup… i never could have imagined white bread would have it (although I never eat white bread) but the whole wheat bread I use doesn’t have it, so seems good to me…

heh…everything has “glucose-fructose” in it these days, another wonderful synonym for HFCS from our food industry friends