Fixing My T Levels and Estrogen

I’m new here. Not a bodybuilder per sey, but I enjoy lifting.

My Dr. has me on once a week T shots and was fine, but I started a new thyroid thing because I am hypothyroid and now my T levels are 1500 and estrogen 36. I’m almost over the range for estrogen.

What should I do? I feel like shit. Don’t feel like working out and feel depressed.

I’m due for my T shot tomorrow. I’m not sure how much he gives me-its once a week, but its in a .5 ml syringe. Should I cut back to .4 this week? Also, I know I can do things to get estrogen down, but never had to worry about it before-what can I do?

I know twice a week is better, but my dr. only does once. I just need some help to get T down and estradiol down and balanced for now and I can fine tune it later.

Thanks

You don’t necessarily need to get the T down. If you are having E2 issues (hot flashes, bloating etc.) then get an E2 blocker like anastrozole (arimidex). Some guys do okay with E2 numbers around where you are, but the “golden number” seems to be in the low 20s for many guys. My E2 was 37 and I was having bad hot-flashes. Now that I am on a-dex my E2 is usually around 21ish and I don’t have the high E2 symptoms.

When were your T tests taken? If they were taken any day except in the morning on the day you are due for an injection then you could get a higher read-out than usual. You always want to get tested when you are at your lowest, so if you get your shot every Monday, then you should get your test done on Monday before getting the shot. Also, tell the doc you want to do your own damn injections and have him send you away with a script for a vial and some syringes. It is such a waste of time for you AND the doctor for you to have to go into clinic every week.

Catastrophe,

I was tested 3.5 days after shot, so I was probably close to peak levels, maybe starting to fall a bit. I wanted to see how I was getting at peak levels this time, but usually test later in the week.

My doc who does the T actually prepares the shots. So, I do them myself at home but they are already prepared.

I’ve never had estradiol this high, so I am sure its what is causing my malaise. I don’t even feel like lifting. I had FT% and SHBG tested as well, but I need to get my labs Monday to see all of my results. I had a bunch of stuff tested as I am hypothyroid autoimmune.

What about DIM? Does it work at all? And if not, can you get a-dex without a script? And yes I am having hot flashes. Sometimes I feel like its 105F, but yet I am not sweating and my Body temp is low or normal. I have also softened up, lost some muscle and wake up wood is not there like it was nor is sex drive, so I guess for me this level is high.

Thanks for the help.

I have 0 experience with DIMs, so you’re on your own there (unless someone else wants to chime in).

I know that there are places online that you can buy liquid anastrozole (arimidex) from what are called “research labs”. These are products intended for scientific research, but they are still quality and safe for human consumption (usually, take it on a case-by-case basis and do some homework to see who is legit). Is there a reason you need to get it without a script though? My E2 was around where yours is and my doc wasn’t concerned , and all I said was “on the TRT Support forums most guys say if you have any symptoms of high E2 then you should lower it to around 21” to which he said “okay”. A lot of doctors just want “insurance” sometimes when you ask for something new. Being able to blame the patient if shit hits the fan is a good fall-back for most doctors.

Getting the E2 in check might not be your issue. If you are having thyroid problems, chances are that is what is causing your tiredness and lack of motivation. But if nothing else, getting rid of the bloating and the hot flashes will make an AI worthwhile.

Try and get switched to 2 shots a week (Monday - Thursday as an example). I’d also try and get a script yourself…it’s not like you need a doctor to fill a syringe for you, right? Taking it twice a week will prevent peaks and troughs and will help keep E2 in check. Next time you see your doc, ask him how much you’re getting in terms of mg. I’m going to venture a guess and say it’s 100mg since it’s .5ml. It’s probably from the 200mg/ml vial. The only other strength is 100mg/ml, and giving you 50mg a week is insanely low. But yeah, with 2 shots a week you can get 2 50mg shots and it will be less like a roller coaster. Just a thought.

I have 0 experience with DIMs, so you’re on your own there (unless someone else wants to chime in).

I know that there are places online that you can buy liquid anastrozole (arimidex) from what are called “research labs”. These are products intended for scientific research, but they are still quality and safe for human consumption (usually, take it on a case-by-case basis and do some homework to see who is legit). Is there a reason you need to get it without a script though? My E2 was around where yours is and my doc wasn’t concerned , and all I said was “on the TRT Support forums most guys say if you have any symptoms of high E2 then you should lower it to around 21” to which he said “okay”. A lot of doctors just want “insurance” sometimes when you ask for something new. Being able to blame the patient if shit hits the fan is a good fall-back for most doctors.

Getting the E2 in check might not be your issue. If you are having thyroid problems, chances are that is what is causing your tiredness and lack of motivation. But if nothing else, getting rid of the bloating and the hot flashes will make an AI worthwhile.

Try and get switched to 2 shots a week (Monday - Thursday as an example). I’d also try and get a script yourself…it’s not like you need a doctor to fill a syringe for you, right? Taking it twice a week will prevent peaks and troughs and will help keep E2 in check. Next time you see your doc, ask him how much you’re getting in terms of mg. I’m going to venture a guess and say it’s 100mg since it’s .5ml. It’s probably from the 200mg/ml vial. The only other strength is 100mg/ml, and giving you 50mg a week is insanely low. But yeah, with 2 shots a week you can get 2 50mg shots and it will be less like a roller coaster. Just a thought.

Catastrophe, and anyone else who wants to chime in: Here was my labs-

Testosterone T- 1495 range-250-1100 (flagged high-I take shots)
Testosterone Free-308 range-35-155 (flagged high)
SHBG- 44 range-7-50
Estradiol-36.3 range-0-39.8

My thyroid stuff looked good and everything else not bad. The thing that sticks out and explains my lack of motivation the most is the estradiol level. My doc is supposed to call. His nurse said he may give me AI, but usually they want you to try up to 200 mg zinc-sounds awful high to me, but she says it works pretty well.

What about SHBG? it was on the high side. I feel like I have less T than I had before T shots, so something has to be working against me. Thanks for the input

Dr. gave me some arimedex but said I wasn’t that high. Thinks my symptoms could be something else.

Catastrophe,

Saw Dr. today and he said I could go to twice a week. If I understood him correctly I am on 200 per shot, not 100. So twice a week would be 100 per shot. Does that sound about right?

Thanks