First Cycle, Seeking Advice

That sure seems a short time for gyno symptoms to me.
What other AAS’s are you taking?

1 Like

From what I’ve seen over the years almost nothing surprises me.

Nothing, unless someone spiked my creatine. This is my first cycle.

I pussied out and took 10mg of tamox today. And 12.5mg of aromasin.

Their is no more tingling and the nips are no longer erect.

Stop the Aromasin. Just take Tamoxifen until other symptoms of high estrogen arise. Then take Aromasin. For gyno Tam is sufficient.

Will do. For how long should I take Tamoxifen? Until my nipples stop itching? For the rest of my cycle? Will the nipple erection go down with Tamoxifen? Is nipple erection even a symptom of high E and possible gyno?

Also, I’ve been bitchy the past couple of days so took Aromasin as I thought that was a symptom of high E. It’s probably just my personality and not the E.

No matter how many posts one reads and think they’re prepared for this, it truly is uncharted waters when it comes to detecting the signs of one’s own body.

Was just reading a thread where @studhammer wrote:

Also dont mistake itchy nipples for gyno. It takes a while for your body to adjust to the increased hormones. Don’t freak out in the beginning

Now how do you know if gyno is forming or you’ve just got itchy nipples?

1 Like

Gyno would involve a lump or formation of tissue. Itchy means just that itchy.

I don’t think there is much harm or chance of harm running Nolva at low dose if you are concerned.

[quote=“rusty_hammer, post:86, topic:271581, full:true”]Was just reading a thread where

Also dont mistake itchy nipples for gyno. It takes a while for your body to adjust to the increased hormones. Don’t freak out in the beginning

[/quote]

It does mean gyno. Why else would your nipples itch? Did you apply steroid gel with an allergen directly to your nips?

The tissue does not form at once.

So you’re saying that anyone on gear that experiences itchy/sensitive nipples and doesn’t take anything to counteract those symptoms is risking developing gyno?

The itchiness comes from e stimulating growth there, when t normally antagonizes those receptors. It might not grow enough for you to notice or go away on its own. The itchiness IS a phase of the growth.

Aren’t there tons of guys who get itchy nipples that never have any lumps or growth of breast tissue? It seems you are asserting that itchiness is a side effect of breast tissue growth. I don’t buy that unless you can back it up (as it seems it is counter to many people’s experience). I am not saying you are wrong, just that I am not convinced you are correct.

1 Like

Growth recedes in many people. You can notice activity early on without it developing into enough for you to notice size or before it recedes.

Who experiences “itchy nipples” without doing something you often see lead to breast growth?

So in that case, wouldn’t one just use some Nolva to block estrogen from acting on the breast tissue? No lumps have formed, so to me it seems like Nolva here is the best option as it has a good probability of stopping any gyno from forming, but also a low probability of causing other negative sides.

Yes, seems easiest. Also, the AIs take time to reduce estrogen. SERMs block it once you absorb them. I bet it will recede with a good serm dose.

Nipples can itch just from hormone changes. In my experience it usually subsides as your body stabilizes. SERMs are great and much safer than AIs but I do think we (me included) have gotten a little too trigger happy with E2 control. It took a big leap of faith for me to stop but I’m glad I did.

Itchy nipples are a sign that hormonal levels are changing, especially E2. Itchy nipples can develop into gyno but can also just vanish after a few days/weeks. Some people get itchy nipples on cycle, never take anything and don’t develop gyno, others do develop gyno out of it. That is individual. You gotta see to know.

Tamoxifen blocks the ER in breast tissue and therefore is perfectly indicated for gyno treatment (as well as breast cancer in females). The nipple should stop itching under treatment with tamox.

Now, do you need Tam now? Is all too late if you don’t take it at the first signs?

No. You don’t. Tamoxifen will effectively reverse already formed lumps under your nipple, so it’s not necessary to pull the trigger at the first signs of itching. If you don’t take anything you’ll see if you need a SERM or if you can avoid it. If you take it right away, you will not know if you need it.

You can wait and see for a week or a bit longer if it goes away or if tissue starts to form (don’t pinch your nipples several times a day to check, the gland can get inflamed and swell, and then you think you got gyno). If tissue forms, take 20 mg/day Tamox. If not, don’t.

If you take Tamoxifen at 20 mg/day, I’d do that until the gyno is gone completely (4 weeks can maybe suffice) or you take it until the end of your cycle and through PCT.

Good luck.

4 weeks trial:

1 Like

We are talking a difference of a few hours (2-6) here. The difference of onset of action is not that dramatic.

Does estrogen recycle this fast?

SERMs probably work better for gyno, at least, anyway.

Yes they are the better choice, you are right.

Just wanted to clarify that E2 doesn’t have a long half life (2-3 hours) and if we’re talking about a reduction of 50% that would be reached after one. That’s why you can nuke E2 with an AI with a single dose. The half life of the AI is longer than that of E2.

1 Like

Don’t try to take away one of my few remaining pleasures. I like to get them looking like this :gem: :gem: and nobody is gonna stop me.

2 Likes