Finally Got My Botox!

After years of heavy sweating and after trying everything under the sun with minimal results and ever growing pit stains, after summer after summer wearing black t-shirts, I finally got my Botox!

And, oh boy, what a difference! Absolutely no more sweat! Cannot wait to wear all my shirts and tshirts and not be stressed out to raise my arms!

If you ever considered having it done then do it! You won’t be disappointed!

botox stops sweating? i thought botox was what people got put in their face to stop wrinkling?

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
botox stops sweating? i thought botox was what people got put in their face to stop wrinkling?[/quote]

I put it in my balls to get them smooth as eggs.

I imagine it could be used to effectively paralyze sweat glands…though that seems like it would be bad.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:
botox stops sweating? i thought botox was what people got put in their face to stop wrinkling?

I put it in my balls to get them smooth as eggs.[/quote]

Damn you and your faster-than-mine Dave Chapelle reference!

Excuse me miss, but do you suck balls?
-Excuse me?!
Miss, relax…you didn’t let me finish…Do you suck these balls?
-Oh my god, those balls are as smooth as eggs…yes I’ll suck them.

What are the ramifications of not sweating? Sweat is a good thing.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
What are the ramifications of not sweating? Sweat is a good thing.[/quote]

Especially after a night of raw hard passionate sweaty – (auto censor) --.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Especially after a night of raw hard passionate sweaty – (auto censor) --.[/quote]

Especially

[/quote]

it’s not like the rest of his body won’t sweat, lol

[/quote]

This is about excessive underarm sweating, not sweating in general.

Sweat is body’s response to increased internal temperature, by evaporating it cools the body to maintain optimal temperature. Without sweating, body’s core temperature would be difficult to regulate and that might lead to big problems under certain circumstances.

So yes, sweat is a good thing.

Some people (many of them on this site, myself included) have excessive sweating though, a condition called hyperhidrosis. There are many threads here on this but just few solutions. Botox is one of them.

[quote]medevac wrote:
Damn you and your faster-than-mine Dave Chapelle reference![/quote]

I’m all about speed! Oh wait—

Dammit.

Good job, man (I think you’re a man, anyway). I have this problem and it has bothered me enough to look into solutions because anti-perspirant does not work for me. I never stink, I’m just wet under the armpits all the time. I would do this if I knew it was going to work.

Do you mind talking about the procedure? What do you do? How often do you have to get injections? Can you give them yourself or do you have to go to a doctor? How much does it cost?

I’ve also heard there is a surgery available where a certain nerve can be severed which takes care of this problem permanently.

[quote]catone wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Sweat is body’s response to increased internal temperature, by evaporating it cools the body to maintain optimal temperature. Without sweating, body’s core temperature would be difficult to regulate and that might lead to big problems under certain circumstances.

Some people (many of them on this site, myself included) have excessive sweating though, a condition called hyperhidrosis. There are many threads here on this but just few solutions. Botox is one of them.

[/quote]

[quote]Cortes wrote:

I’ve also heard there is a surgery available where a certain nerve can be severed which takes care of this problem permanently.

[/quote]

On a related note:

From what I know, any procedure that eliminates under-arm sweating, whether it be paralyzing the nerves with botox or severing them permanently with surgery, leads the body to compensate by sweating more elsewhere.

I’m curious as to how true this is, and to what degree?

[quote]catone wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I hope this solution works for you especially with a hot summer right around the corner!

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
I’m curious as to how true this is, and to what degree?[/quote]

That sounds like something the body would do.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Good job, man (I think you’re a man, anyway). I have this problem and it has bothered me enough to look into solutions because anti-perspirant does not work for me. I never stink, I’m just wet under the armpits all the time. I would do this if I knew it was going to work.

Do you mind talking about the procedure? What do you do? How often do you have to get injections? Can you give them yourself or do you have to go to a doctor? How much does it cost?

[/quote]

The procedure is very simple: after localizing the sweat glands with iodine and starch, Botox is injected intradermally and that’s it! Minimal pain and it takes about 2 minutes. And about 15 sticks per armpit. Results were almost immediate in my case. It lasts on average about 6-7 months but there’s no limit to the number of times one might get it.

Mine was done by a buddy of mine who’s a plastic surgeon so there’s no professional charge. I should be the one charging him cause we chatted for about 4 hours (it was his day off). I’ll have to pay for the Botox though, probably 4-500 bucks.

Overall I’m very satisfied with results and I’ll keep getting it for as long as I’ll need it.

If you’re like me and you tried everything out there with no success, then you’ll love this.

currently I’m a starving grad student so I can’t afford this, but am considering it in the future, glad someone posted about it!

[quote]catone wrote:
After years of heavy sweating and after trying everything under the sun with minimal results and ever growing pit stains, after summer after summer wearing black t-shirts, I finally got my Botox!

And, oh boy, what a difference! Absolutely no more sweat! Cannot wait to wear all my shirts and tshirts and not be stressed out to raise my arms!

If you ever considered having it done then do it! You won’t be disappointed![/quote]

I recently saw a tv program on people who’d had this treatment. Sorry to say the general view was that if it worked (some people didn’t get a result) it was fine to start with but the effect gradually wore off. To clarify: each subsequent botox treatment lasted less time and / or was less effective. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
OTOH I guess everyone reacts differently, so I hope you get a long effect if you’re troubled by the sweating.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Cortes wrote:

On a related note:

From what I know, any procedure that eliminates under-arm sweating, whether it be paralyzing the nerves with botox or severing them permanently with surgery, leads the body to compensate by sweating more elsewhere.

I’m curious as to how true this is, and to what degree?[/quote]

It makes your balls sweat more to compensate.