Fighting with the Neighbors?

Yeah last night me and some friends were outside my apartment having some drinks and us and the neighbors got pretty close to fighting. I figured I would meet my new neighbors and said “Whats up neighbors?” which his dumb ass took as “Whats up nig*ers?”. He and his boys walked downstairs and started talking crap. We almost fought over this nonsense. He expected me to punk out back down but im no punk in situations like that, I throw down.

Anyways this morning neither of us exchanged words. We just mean mugged each other. They were giving me some dirty looks. What should I do to solve this thing? I don’t want to have to worry about getting jumped when I walk home etc. Should I knock on their door and try to squash the beef? I don’t want to get anything started… I haven’t had to fight in over a year and I want to keep it that way…

bring a cd player or ipod with speakers outside and start playing one of rev. Al sharpton’s speeches or w\e

lol

Haha, I could make that happen… Im trying not to get shot here…

If you make an effort to apologize odds are he will be receptive and probably reciprocate, especially if you explain it was a simple misunderstanding. You’re way better off being friends with a neighbor than enemies.

Yeah, I definitely want to be a friendly neighbor. Im not sure if it was my neighbor who was talking crap, or his friend since ive never met either. I don’t think a neighbor would intentionally try to come start a fight. Im not going to apologize for something I didn’t do tho. Maybe I can catch him sometime during the week when he is alone and we can be big boys about the whole thing. Wait for everything to cool off too.

[quote]elano wrote:
Im not going to apologize for something I didn’t do tho. [/quote]

You don’t have to apologize for something you didn’t do, but you can apologize for the misunderstanding. Just knock on the door and be a man. If he doesn’t accept that, he probably wasn’t going to be a friendly neighbor anyway.

lol@ mistaking neighbors for nigger show insecure and eager for a fight to you have to be to hear that instead?

I heard Nas is naming his next album “Neighbor”

[quote]dk44 wrote:
I heard Nas is naming his next album “Neighbor”[/quote]

Hahahahahahahaha

…zing

I just got back from the laundry room and met another neighbor who lives in the same building. He told me that those guys are criminals an they have to go. Me and this guy are going to call the cops today and make a report.

Were then going to go to the landlord with the report and ask her to evict them. Im not the only person they are trying to bully so this calls for a new plan of action. Im not even going to try to talk to them again because it seems they are not friendly people. He told me that because of those guys, he bought a gun yesterday.

This guy also told me that the 2 doors beside mine got kicked in 2 months ago. Im not going to wait for mine to get broken into.

go to the guy.
seriously if you say nothing you will look like a punk

go to the one tha tlives next to you and explain yourself.
I would say like this

look dude, the other night we had a litle misunderstanding.
I said neighbor I dont know what you think you heard me say but I was trying to be nice.

so im sorry if I offended you but we both gotta live here and I dont want any beef with you.
specially over shit like this.

if you get into a fight its cause the dudes a dick and he was looking for a fight anyways.
atleast he will know your a stand up guy.

this will get me alot of shit here but ill say it
sometiems you should befriend the criminals.

if you ask me if I wanted my boys which are ex cons and known criminals or the police to have my back if something happens ths choice is clear who I would and have called first.

Thats what I was going to do because I am a stand up kind of guy. Problem is, ive met somebody else who is having a problem with them too and he wants to call the cops today. Im not the only person having problems with these guys. Were going to try to get them evicted.

Its one guy who has the lease but he has 2 friends that always live with him. These guys are thugs and they dont belong in this complex. These apartments are for college and grad school students.

[quote]elano wrote:
Thats what I was going to do because I am a stand up kind of guy. Problem is, ive met somebody else who is having a problem with them too and he wants to call the cops today. Im not the only person having problems with these guys. Were going to try to get them evicted.

Its one guy who has the lease but he has 2 friends that always live with him. These guys are thugs and they dont belong in this complex. These apartments are for college and grad school students.

[/quote]

Well, you did just meet the other person who has a problem with them.

I think you should still try to talk it out, any more problems get them evicted.

If you saw what happened on friday you wouldnt be so quick to say talk it out.

I tried to introduce myself. He walks down with 2 friends and says “Im half black you want to try to say something now?” and I said “I didnt call you shit man, what are you comin down here startin somethin for?” and his buddy tried to calm him down.

His other friend came up to me and said “hey man you look really angry, just forget about this, its done and over”. The prob was that i got mad dogged 2 times the next day by these punks while I was by myself.

After talking with this guy robert, weve decided this plan:

Tomorow im going to talk to the apt owner and tell her what happened. Ill ask what she is going to do about it and thank her. Ill let robert know whats up and he will go talk to her and tell her his problem. Thats 2 complaints from different people.

If he didnt want me to say something to the landlord, he should have came and apologized to me.

Im not a pussy folks, ive been in over 10 fights in my life. Ive tried talking my way out of situations before, sometimes it works, sometimes it dont.

Ive been in a similar situation to this in a job when I was a teenager. I went and told the boss instead of swinging. She had a talk with him. Problem solved. Tattle telling sucks but if it helps me to avoid confrontation, ill do it.