Favorite Motivational Saying

Deadlift:

Just bend over and pick the fucker up!
(Gaz Fisher, WDFP 40yr. World Champ)

Dax

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
Here’s a little one I will do as I push through a sticking point:
[/quote]

If you are talking about sticking points in a lift, maybe you could push through them a little easier if you didnt have such a long saying to say. Just a thought.

[quote]Massif wrote:

“Harden up, Princess” and

[/quote]

This has become a fav of mine lately. I would just suggest not saying it to the important lady in your life when she has what you would consider a relatively minor injury. I guarantee that it is a major injury to her…

Here’s one that always gets me pumped:

“Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.”

“mediocrity”

Just thinking of that word or seeing it makes me pissed off.

‘Good is the enemy of Great.’

[quote]Tom Highway wrote:
‘Good is the enemy of Great.’[/quote]

Deep.

Got this one from my dad, a self-employeed mechanic that raised two college linemen and powerlifters.

“BIG STRONG”

Heard this all the time right before we started a lift or right before the start of a game.

[quote]
I think it’s Oo-Rah.[/quote]

Oo-Rah is a Marine Corps thing.

Hoo-yah is an Army thing.

They’re different. Oo-Rah is a turkish war cry and hoo-yah means something like heard, understand, act. I’m sure someone else can explain it better.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

“Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.”[/quote]

Haha, I actually have a keychain that say “Eat Well, Stay Fit, Die Anyway.”

Not sure how motivating I find it, but definitely worth a smirk twice a day.

If you have to tell somebody how good you are, you aren’t that good.

[quote]Tom Highway wrote:
‘Good is the enemy of Great.’[/quote]

Nice one, where did you hear this? or did you make it up yourself? One of my favorite quote’s is from pumping iron when Arnold is squatting with his partner. If you guys cant recall the seen, Arnold’s partner, cant remember his name, is squatting 600lbs. On his 8th rep, arnold says, “come on, lets get serious”, then yells at him to do more reps. I love that seen…

[quote]Minotaur wrote:
ZEB wrote:

“Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.”

Haha, I actually have a keychain that say “Eat Well, Stay Fit, Die Anyway.”

Not sure how motivating I find it, but definitely worth a smirk twice a day.[/quote]

I like it because it keeps things in proper perspective…

Better to go through life strong, but you will go through life…

Wow Zeb, I’m inspired. Heres my new one-
“I may die, but I’m gonna smash into the afterlife like a drunken cement truck driver on crystal meth!”

If you gotta go, go big!

Rumack: I’m going to tell you something I’ve kept to myself all of these years. I was in the war, Medical Corps. One night they brought in a badly wounded pilot from one of the raids. He looked at me and said, “Doc, the odds were against us up there, but we went in anyway. I’m glad. Captain made the right decision.” The pilot’s name was George Zip.

Ted Striker: George Zip said that?

Rumack: Yes, he looked at me and said, “Doc,” he said, “Some time, when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to get out there and give it all they’ve got. And win just one for the Zipper. I don’t know where I’ll be then Doc, he said. But I won’t smell too good, that’s for sure.”

you have to know where this comes from…fkn classic…im LMFAO as i think about it…

in seriousness… “just fkn do it”

for the aussie rules lovers here…how bout teddy whittens speech at 3/4 time in his last game…the dogs got up and won too…

“drive it up” seems to help me w/ heavy presses

I knew a crazy guy (no really he was crazy) when I was in the Marines. He used to say he was the fury and I was the power when we were in the gym. So now when I do some heavy deads around the 4th or 5th set I yell “POWER FURY”…I know it’s weird but it works.

another one…pretty simple

‘toughen up’

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Better to go through life strong, but you will go through life…
[/quote]

Now that one is great.

From Berserk, greatest thing in the world :

“I’ve struggled through countless nights just to get to this point … and you’re in my way.”

That applies to any obstacle in life.

“You can do it!!!”

[quote]JimmyOZ wrote:
Rumack: I’m going to tell you something I’ve kept to myself all of these years. I was in the war, Medical Corps. One night they brought in a badly wounded pilot from one of the raids. He looked at me and said, “Doc, the odds were against us up there, but we went in anyway. I’m glad. Captain made the right decision.” The pilot’s name was George Zip.

Ted Striker: George Zip said that?

Rumack: Yes, he looked at me and said, “Doc,” he said, “Some time, when the crew is up against it, and the breaks are beating the boys, tell 'em to get out there and give it all they’ve got. And win just one for the Zipper. I don’t know where I’ll be then Doc, he said. But I won’t smell too good, that’s for sure.”

you have to know where this comes from…fkn classic…im LMFAO as i think about it…

in seriousness… “just fkn do it”

for the aussie rules lovers here…how bout teddy whittens speech at 3/4 time in his last game…the dogs got up and won too…[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that was “Airplane”