Favorite Motivational Saying

“The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”

The SEAL favorite - “The only easy day was yesterday.”

“Talk is Cheap”

Personally it’s my favorite.Don’t know if someone has used it before me but I love it.Think of how many people just talk about stuff there gonna do or coulda,woulda,shoulda type stuff.It’s a good saying for life and I know it’s gonna be put on my gravestone.

“Just do it.”

Yeah it’s been overplayed and beaten to death, but it’s so perfect. Whatever you’re thinking about, planning, etc. Just do that shit. Motivates me.

“Are you a Bitch or a Bull?”

[quote]ZEB wrote:
“Always remember that you are unique…just like everybody else.”[/quote]

hilarious!

“If it felt good, everybody would do it.”

-me

[quote]Roo Boy wrote:
Whilst running in the morning Anthony reassures himself that he is getting better by chanting “Everyday, in every way, I’m getting stronger and stronger.”
[/quote]

He did not come up with this one by himself. He actually borrowed it from pharmacist Emile Coue, the very first scientist to notice, and bring attention to, the power of the mind over the body.

As for motivational quote, I’ll go with this one, from Jean-Jacques Rousseau (excuse my rough translation): “He whose power puts him above Man must be above the weaknesses of mankind, otherwise this exces of strenght will put him beneath others, and himself, had he stayed their equal.”

Here’s the original, for those who can appreciate it: "Celui que sa puissance place au-dessus de l’homme doit ?tre au-dessus des faiblesses de l’humanit?, sans quoi cet exces de force ne servira en effet qu’a le placer au-dessous des autres, et de lui-m?me, fut-il reste leur egal.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
Confucious say,

“Man who walk through airport gate sideways going to Bangkok”

Truer words have never been said.
[/quote]

Ya, he also said “he who goes to sleep with an itchy ass wakes up with stinking fingers”

What a great man!

[quote]AZMojo wrote:

The SEAL favorite - “The only easy day was yesterday.”[/quote]

Army favorite- “Fucking soupbone SEALs”

One I’ve always been partial to, althoughitwassaidbyMattFurey:

“Train hard, take names.”

Certain causality there that pulls everything together.

[quote]Cluster wrote:
One I’ve always been partial to, althoughitwassaidbyMattFurey:

“Train hard, take names.”

Certain causality there that pulls everything together.[/quote]

Um…who’s names are you taking?

Also, I think it’s " kick butt and take names."

Again that speaks to the issue of who’s names you are taking.

I suppose it could be the people who are not “kicking butt” or in the case of your phrase “training hard.”

Also, to whom are you allegedly reporting these people to?

If you are making a list of those not kicking butt and training hard who are you giving that list to?

If you are not giving the list to anyone then what is the point of taking names?

Then again I might be reading to much into this…

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
What is your favorite motivational saying? Not the kind you like sitting at a desk, but what words motivate you to crank out those last few reps or add that every 10 lbs to the bar on ME day? [/quote]

“I bet Danny can do it.”

To clarify: Danny is a flaming used-douchbag/waste of life and breath that I know, and he did some bad things to a person I love very much. Reminding myself (or thinking, at least) that he can easily do something that I find difficult is unacceptable. So, yeah, that phrase definitely makes the bar move easier.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Then again I might be reading to much into this…[/quote]

Yeah, you are.

The idea is you work hard in the gym so when you get to the competition, you do good.

But that doesn’t have the same ring, so “train hard, take names” it is.

I hope this doesn’t mean that Matt Furey has outsmarted T-Nation.

[quote]Cluster wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Then again I might be reading to much into this…

Yeah, you are.

The idea is you work hard in the gym so when you get to the competition, you do good.

But that doesn’t have the same ring, so “train hard, take names” it is.

I hope this doesn’t mean that Matt Furey has outsmarted T-Nation.

[/quote]

How about: “Train hard and win the competition!”

No, no that sucks…

Um…“Train really really hard and then win!”

No…that’s not good either…

How about this:

“Train hard and heavy and someday have arthritis.”

Hmm…okay forget it.

[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
Cluster wrote:
… Matt Furey has outsmarted T-Nation…

matt furey is a complete cock sucking arse, may he die a painful death[/quote]

I can’t decide if this falls into the realm of childish, darn right mean spirited or maybe both.

Someone help me out with this.

“They’re all gonna laugh at you!!!”

Here’s a little one I will do as I push through a sticking point:

"This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-granddaddy. It was bought during the First World War in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. It was bought by private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge the day he set sail for Paris. It was your great- granddaddy’s war watch, made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. You see, up until then, people just carried pocket watches. Your great-granddaddy wore that watch every day he was in the war. Then when he had done his duty, he went home to your great- grandmother, took the watch off his wrist and put it in an ol’ coffee can. And in that can it stayed ‘til your grandfather Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War Two. Your great-granddaddy gave it to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane’s luck wasn’t as good as his old man’s. Your granddad was a Marine and he was killed with all the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death and he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leavin’ that island alive.

So three days before the Japanese took the island, your 22-year old grandfather asked a gunner on an Air Force transport named Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he had never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your grandfather was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his Dad’s gold watch. This watch. This watch was on your Daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese prison camp. N

ow he knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it’d be confiscated. The way your Daddy looked at it, that watch was your birthright. And he’d be damned if any slopeheads were gonna put their greasy yella hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide somethin’. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of disentary, he gave me the watch. I hid with uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you."

[quote]mertdawg wrote:
Here’s a little one I will do as I push through a sticking point:

"This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-granddaddy. It was bought during the First World War in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. It was bought by private Doughboy Ernie Coolidge the day he set sail for Paris. It was your great- granddaddy’s war watch, made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. You see, up until then, people just carried pocket watches. Your great-granddaddy wore that watch every day he was in the war. Then when he had done his duty, he went home to your great- grandmother, took the watch off his wrist and put it in an ol’ coffee can. And in that can it stayed ‘til your grandfather Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War Two. Your great-granddaddy gave it to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane’s luck wasn’t as good as his old man’s. Your granddad was a Marine and he was killed with all the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death and he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leavin’ that island alive.

So three days before the Japanese took the island, your 22-year old grandfather asked a gunner on an Air Force transport named Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he had never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your grandfather was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his Dad’s gold watch. This watch. This watch was on your Daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese prison camp. N

ow he knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it’d be confiscated. The way your Daddy looked at it, that watch was your birthright. And he’d be damned if any slopeheads were gonna put their greasy yella hands on his boy’s birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide somethin’. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of disentary, he gave me the watch. I hid with uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you." [/quote]

Zed’s dead honey, Zed’s dead.

There are three that I use:

“Baddest motherfucker on the planet”

“Harden up, Princess” and

“Cheaper than a penis extension”

[quote]obatiger11 wrote:
I like to yell at the weight I am about to lift. Usually this is right before a PR squat, snatch or C&J.

1. “come get some!!”
  2. “I own you!!”
  3. “hooyah!!” (this like a military thing/battle cry I saw one time at Ft. Benning as a child, not sure why I remember it, but it somehow seems inspirational when I think of a group of soldiers running across a battlefield yelling “hooyah!!!” in order to rally up to kick some enemies ass just as I am about to kick the shit out of a PR.)

Glad no one’s ever around when I am lifting. Might look a little crazy yelling at a barbell!![/quote]

I think it’s Oo-Rah.