Favorite and Least Favorite Comedians

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
The ‘I Hate Dane Cook’ thing is funny to me. It’s cool to hate Dane Cook now that he’s one of the bigger names in comedy. Funny how that works.

It reminds me of when bands get big too quickly, like Green Day did: Initially, only the hip punk/alt/whatever kids knew about them. They’d wear their shirts, sing their songs, road trip to their shows. Then, MTV started playing their songs on TRL, started playing arenas and stadiums, went multiplatinum and – god forbid – became rich and famous. The hipsters all became too cool for them – they’re a commercial band, sellouts, shitty MTV pop. (of course, now it’s OK to like them again because they’re ‘anti-establishment’ or whatever, so they may be a bad example, but I digress).

Same thing has happened to Dane Cook: A few years ago, he was the underground guy that would be listed as ‘someone you gotta hear’ in a thread like this. I’m sure you’ll all tell me how he’s never made you laugh, you never liked him, he’s not talented or funny, etc. Whatever. He’s kind of a metro douche, has done TERRIBLE movies, but he can be pretty fuckin’ funny. [/quote]

Yes, he’s made me laugh a few times, but I just never found him to be as funny as he was hyped up to be. And he seems to have only gotten worse.

Oh, and you reminded me of another big dislike of mine: Seinfeld. Never really liked the show. Liked his stand up even less.

To me Dane Cook would be hilarious if I was 13 again. Seriously, I watched like 90 seconds of his last special and had about all the adolescent humor I could stand for this year.

My Favs:
Carlin
Joe Rogan
Richard Pryor
Bill Cosby

I Tivo Def Comedy Jam and I find I either laugh hysterically or feel bad for whoever is out there for bombing so badly. DL Hughley is pretty funny too, but really needs some new material. Anyone see the guy who started with something about “fucking a bitch with no nose”, that dude cracked me up.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Wanda Sykes[/quote]

I tried to like her. She had me smile a couple times, but that’s about it

The search for a funny female comedian continues (for lankymofo).

“If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college.”

Oh for fucks sake, Robin Williams is a fucking riot.

Lewis Black, too, had me in stitches the first time I saw his stand up.

Along with the usual suspects, I also like Jim Norton.

Dane Cook doesn’t tell jokes.

Dennis Leary had some pretty good stuff.

Jamie Foxx has a pretty good standup too. I saw his HBO show and hadn’t yet learned he’d studied music at Juilliard. I was blown away by his musical ability. He is one talented fucker.

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
Jamie Foxx has a pretty good standup too. I saw his HBO show and hadn’t yet learned he’d studied music at Juilliard. I was blown away by his musical ability. He is one talented fucker. [/quote]

That he is. The Wayan’s brothers seemed to have a very good eye for talent back in the day. Most of the people that were on in Living Color were stand out comedians or above average talented people.

I’ll third/fourth Brian Regan. That guy is frickin awesome and I, too, am baffled he isn’t better known among the masses. There are some great clips of him on YouTube.

SinisterMinister wrote:
Jamie Foxx has a pretty good standup too. I saw his HBO show and hadn’t yet learned he’d studied music at Juilliard. I was blown away by his musical ability. He is one talented fucker.

That he is. The Wayan’s brothers seemed to have a very good eye for talent back in the day. Most of the people that were on in Living Color were stand out comedians or above average talented people.[/quote]

In Living Color was cool, as is Foxx. Damon had some good stuff, too.

LankyMofo wrote:

I hate any woman comedian. They’re never funny.

I used to agree until I saw Wanda Sykes do stand up.[/quote]

Before I saw this thread I had one of Wanda’s lines from standup (I think, maybe a movie) running through my head this morning:

“Well, fuuuuuuuck you!”

I would feel sorry for anyone who decided to heckle her on stage.

Michael Richards (Kramer) is hiLARious. Did you see the one on YouTube where he did this impromptu thing with some people in the audience… Oh wait, never mind…

SinisterMinister wrote:

That he is. The Wayan’s brothers seemed to have a very good eye for talent back in the day. Most of the people that were on in Living Color were stand out comedians or above average talented people.[/quote]

That show was awesome. They play reruns on BET and it is still funny.

I never heard of half these guys, I will have to youtube them this weekend.

Favorite: Greg Giraldo
Least: Carlos Mencia, fuck does he suck.

Like:
Chris Rock, Chappelle, Lewis Black, Jon Stewart. Whoopi Goldberg’s HBO special is one of the funniest hours ever recorded. Richard Pryor.

Hate: Mencia, Sara Silverman.

Like: Chris Rock.

Dislike: Stephen Colbert.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Dislike: Stephen Colbert.[/quote]

I don’t even understand how he got his own show.

Top 6
Lewis Black
Jim Gaffigan
Demetri Martin
George Carlin
Richard Pryor
Andy Milonakis–I used to hate him, but one day the stupid stuff just clicked and I laugh my ass off every time I see him now. I dont’ think thats a good thing.

Other Good ones:
Dane Cook, Nick Swardson(sp?), Chappelle, Eddie Murphy,

Dislike:
All the Blue Collar Comedy guys, Hate Carlos Mencia, Sara Silverman,