T Nation

Favorite and Least Favorite Comedians

Like:
Mitch Hedberg -(trippy one-liners… RIP Mitch)
Jim Gaffigan
Dave Attell

Can’t stand:
Larry The Cable Guy (third grade schtick for dumb-asses)
Jim Dunham (stupid puppets, awful jokes, marginal ventriloquist skills)
Dane Cook- (I used to like him… for about 10 minutes).

I like Pablo Francisco and Dave Attell

Pretty much agree with this list.

Jim Gaffigan is friggin’ hilarious. Hoooooot pockketttts. I also like Brian Reagan, Louis CK, Brian Posehn and Patton Oswalt. I still think Chris Rock is pretty funny, too. RIP Mitch Hedberg, he was great.

I really hate Lisa Lampanelli and Michael Ian Black.

Favorites:

Lewis Black (he acts like I do only without the screaming)
Eddie Murphy (the early years)
Richard Pryor (anyone who left him out needs their head examined)
Chris Rock

Least Favorite:

Jeff Foxworthy
Whateverthehell The Cable Guy
Any comedian who walks on stage with a guitar but who can’t sing
That annoying guy that used to be on the Sprite commericals

Gotta have Dave Chappelle in the Favorites.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Pretty much agree with this list.

Jim Gaffigan is friggin’ hilarious. Hoooooot pockketttts. I also like Brian Reagan, Louis CK, Brian Posehn and Patton Oswalt. I still think Chris Rock is pretty funny, too. RIP Mitch Hedberg, he was great.

I really hate Lisa Lampanelli and Michael Ian Black.

[/quote]

Brian Reagan, it baffles me why this guy isn’t one of the biggest comedians around.

Jeffrey Ross is usually hysterical on the Comedy Central Roasts.

I hate any woman comedian. They’re never funny.

Edit: Dane Cook is the most overrated comedian. Not funny at all.

And what’s even more amazing about Brian Regan is how clean he is. I’ve never heard him curse.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

I hate any woman comedian. They’re never funny.

.[/quote]

I used to agree until I saw Wanda Sykes do stand up.

Like:
Jon Stewart
Stephen Colbert
Lewis Black
George Carlin
Steven Wright
Bill Engvall

Dislike:
Dane Cook

Wanda Sykes

Like:
Dave Chapelle
Russell Peters
George Carlin

Dont’ really take notice of the guys I don’t like, haven’t heard of half of the ones listed here.

Edit:
Mitch Hedburg is great too.

Wanda Sykes is the only female comedian I will listen to.

Like:
Ron White
Mitch Hedberg
Old, Old Steve Martin
Chris Rock
Lewis Black

Dislike:
Carlin
all female comics besides Sykes

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Wanda Sykes[/quote]

Did you see Clerks 2 X? I love the improv she did that they showed during the credits.

Like:
Dave Attell
Mitch Hedburg
Jim Gaffigan
Zach Galifanakos (sp?)
Stephen Wright (old timer, but still funny)
Joe Rogan (simply because he bashes radical Islam to no end:)

Dislike: Chevy Chase (can we say…no talent???)

Dave Letterman (funny if you’re sitting in diapers in a nursing home, otherwise, he’s just a lame, smarmy jackass)

Wanda Sykes (Just… NO!)

Larry the Cable Guy (watch one of his movies…nuff said)

Tina Fey (hey look… I have a job at NBC because I’m married to one of the programming executives! My writing material is ABYSMALLY bad!)

Eddie Griffin (other than the Deuce Bigalow movies, he’s an Eddie Murphy rip off, and consequently, not funny)

I agree with most everyone here, but I want to add Steven Wright to my favorites.

I haven’t heard much else from this guy, but he seems funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZxlBxIPmQ8

And this is what I think of Dane Cook:

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Eddie Griffin (other than the Deuce Bigalow movies, he’s an Eddie Murphy rip off, and consequently, not funny)[/quote]

I thought Undercover Brother was hilarious.

Love Demitri Martin, along with a bunch of others listed.

Comedy Central’s recent top25 stand up marathon was actually pretty awesome(take out the handful of women and swap the order to your liking, but the people included were generally hilarious).

My favorites include
Demetri Martin and Mitch Hedgburgh (best one liner comedians out there)
Lewis Black- love his political comedy and mannerisms

Can’t stand Lisa Lampenelli or Dane Cook

The ‘I Hate Dane Cook’ thing is funny to me. It’s cool to hate Dane Cook now that he’s one of the bigger names in comedy. Funny how that works.

It reminds me of when bands get big too quickly, like Green Day did: Initially, only the hip punk/alt/whatever kids knew about them. They’d wear their shirts, sing their songs, road trip to their shows. Then, MTV started playing their songs on TRL, started playing arenas and stadiums, went multiplatinum and – god forbid – became rich and famous. The hipsters all became too cool for them – they’re a commercial band, sellouts, shitty MTV pop. (of course, now it’s OK to like them again because they’re ‘anti-establishment’ or whatever, so they may be a bad example, but I digress).

Same thing has happened to Dane Cook: A few years ago, he was the underground guy that would be listed as ‘someone you gotta hear’ in a thread like this. I’m sure you’ll all tell me how he’s never made you laugh, you never liked him, he’s not talented or funny, etc. Whatever. He’s kind of a metro douche, has done TERRIBLE movies, but he can be pretty fuckin’ funny.

To answer the OP:

Favorites:
Carlin, Lewis Black, Louis CK, Pryor, Ron White, Chapelle.

I got to see Robin Williams in SF a few years ago. It was an unannounced show in a small club, maybe 30-40 people. Holy shit that guy’s brilliant. Much of what he did was improv, just riffing off the audience and random shit in the room. Seeing him was a great ab workout for sure.

Dislike:
Seinfeld, pretty much every female standup, Louie Anderson, Bernie Mac…

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
The ‘I Hate Dane Cook’ thing is funny to me. It’s cool to hate Dane Cook now that he’s one of the bigger names in comedy. Funny how that works.

It reminds me of when bands get big too quickly, like Green Day did: Initially, only the hip punk/alt/whatever kids knew about them. They’d wear their shirts, sing their songs, road trip to their shows. Then, MTV started playing their songs on TRL, started playing arenas and stadiums, went multiplatinum and – god forbid – became rich and famous. The hipsters all became too cool for them – they’re a commercial band, sellouts, shitty MTV pop. (of course, now it’s OK to like them again because they’re ‘anti-establishment’ or whatever, so they may be a bad example, but I digress).

Same thing has happened to Dane Cook: A few years ago, he was the underground guy that would be listed as ‘someone you gotta hear’ in a thread like this. I’m sure you’ll all tell me how he’s never made you laugh, you never liked him, he’s not talented or funny, etc. Whatever. He’s kind of a metro douche, has done TERRIBLE movies, but he can be pretty fuckin’ funny. [/quote]

That would make sense if I didn’t like a bunch of other mainstream comedians.