Farmer's Walk Turn

What’s everyone’s advice on “the turn” when doing farmers? Mine is decent but i’d like to make it better and faster.

I try to bring the front of the 2 implements together while turning. It helps me not have the inside implement get out of control.

Patrick

[quote]PGH wrote:
I try to bring the front of the 2 implements together while turning. It helps me not have the inside implement get out of control.

Patrick[/quote]

Also turn both wrists slightly into the turn to kind of guide them and your momentum around the turn. I don’t know how else to describe it without an actual demonstration.

[quote]PGH wrote:

Patrick[/quote]

Yup - this is the best way if you don’t have ginormous legs that get in the way of the implement.

I’d also say stop actively trying to turn about 3/4 of the way, letting momentum carry the implements around while you position your feet to get moving again.

-Dan

If it’s a plate loaded farmer’s walk I prefer to overlap the front plates coming into the turn. Placing the outside plates over the inside plates lets you come out of the turn really fast by pushing the inside plates forward, and pulling the outside plates back in the last 1/2 to 1/4 of the turn.

Hope that makes sense.

If it’s allowed to. drop the fuckers and turn around and pick them back up and run like hell the rest the way back, if its speed your after why wrestle with them to “swing” them around? if its for training don" pivot if you like you knees and hips.

[quote]beastblob wrote:
If it’s allowed to. drop the fuckers and turn around and pick them back up and run like hell the rest the way back, if its speed your after why wrestle with them to “swing” them around? if its for training don" pivot if you like you knees and hips. [/quote]

Yeah, I’ve seen Mariusz do this, and the technique allows really quick turns.