Explaining Year-Round Lean Doesn't Lead to Size

[quote]Professor X wrote:
No offense to your friend…but if someone can’t figure out that they aren’t growing much because they would rather keep super ripped abs all year…that’s on them. MOST people seem to be like that. All this discussion ever leads to is semantics…where you have idiots acting like “eat for gains, expect some body fat but make sure the muscle gained justifies it” means, “Eat french fries all day and become obese”.

Also, we seem to be getting posters here who really think beginners and intermediates should be concerned about “staying 40lbs from contest shape”. Any beginner worried about shit like that won’t ever become advanced.

LOL at the idea of myself being afraid to gain to 190lbs initially because it was a drastic 40lbs heavier than when I started.

This discussion can not happen on a public forum where every idiot can jump in. They all end the same.[/quote]

Excellent post X! I have to agree with you about the whole being afraid to get too far away from contest shape. They will not reach the next level with that state of mind, so good point there.

The discussion can happen, you just have to focus in on the people who are actually contributing versus the people who are just here to stir the pot. Half of the replies in this thread have nothing to do with the actual original post! You’d think that wouldn’t be the case on a more established forum like this one, but I guess it isn’t.

Like I said before, excellent post X!

[quote]2020Wellness wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
I forget that no one here actually knows that i make sarcastic jokes all the time. Hard to get that through the interwebz[/quote]

Very hard. A smiley face icon usually gets the job done though. I’m sure you can understand where I was coming from, and vice versa as well. Thanks for the follow up neighbor.
[/quote]

This is mothafukkin T-Nation
Nobody posts no gottdam Smiley Faces.[/quote]

:slight_smile:
[/quote]

bahahaha! YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!
DEAD!

No offense to your friend…but if someone can’t figure out that they aren’t growing much because they would rather keep super ripped abs all year…that’s on them. MOST people seem to be like that. All this discussion ever leads to is semantics…where you have idiots acting like “eat for gains, expect some body fat but make sure the muscle gained justifies it” means, “Eat french fries all day and become obese”.

Also, we seem to be getting posters here who really think beginners and intermediates should be concerned about “staying 40lbs from contest shape”. Any beginner worried about shit like that won’t ever become advanced.

LOL at the idea of myself being afraid to gain to 190lbs initially because it was a drastic 40lbs heavier than when I started.

This discussion can not happen on a public forum where every idiot can jump in. They all end the same.[/quote]

Excellent post X! I have to agree with you about the whole being afraid to get too far away from contest shape. They will not reach the next level with that state of mind, so good point there.

The discussion can happen, you just have to focus in on the people who are actually contributing versus the people who are just here to stir the pot. Half of the replies in this thread have nothing to do with the actual original post! You’d think that wouldn’t be the case on a more established forum like this one, but I guess it isn’t.

[/quote]

Not to speak for Prof… but I’m gonna… what he is saying is this discussion has already been attempted approximately five thousand times ON THIS VERY FORUM and each and every attempted discussion has devolved into what he describes in his post. As has been mentioned several times in this very thread try using the search function. Try searching for “bulk” like I did last night when you make this thread.

The fact that this IS an established forum means that the long time and even NOT so long time posters on here share a working knowledge of past discussions. Since you are new to posting try checking out the History of this established forum via search. You just aren’t going to get any enthusiastic response to rehashing ground that has already been covered ad infinitum.

The discussion can happen[/quote]

And it has happened, many times before. Like ryan CXG said use the search function i’m sure you are intelligent enough to comrehendo.

I thought you just wanted advice to get through to your friend?

[/quote]

This forum had more potential before the clique-shit that seems to be going on now. Less people with scientific backgrounds seem to be posting…and the advice coming from some of the guys who should know what they are speaking of comes across like they are speaking to a room filled with pro bodybuilders.

I am actually in awe at anyone discussing staying within some certain range of body weight outside the specific context of a coming competition. Had I thought that way from the beginning, I wouldn’t be this size now.

The thing is, this has all been done before…many times by me. The people who listened are now way bigger than the people who didn’t.

If people are still arguing, they must have mental problems.

[/quote]

This forum had more potential before the clique-shit that seems to be going on now. Less people with scientific backgrounds seem to be posting…and the advice coming from some of the guys who should know what they are speaking of comes across like they are speaking to a room filled with pro bodybuilders.

I am actually in awe at anyone discussing staying within some certain range of body weight outside the specific context of a coming competition. Had I thought that way from the beginning, I wouldn’t be this size now.

The thing is, this has all been done before…many times by me. The people who listened are now way bigger than the people who didn’t.

If people are still arguing, they must have mental problems.[/quote]

Someone PLEASE bump the babykiller thread.
Dude is Ridic and gives hella props to X.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

And it has happened, many times before. Like ryan CXG said use the search function i’m sure you are intelligent enough to comrehendo.

[/quote]

Sometimes I feel like posting an emo smiley face blowing you kisses.

[/quote]

I am actually in awe at anyone discussing staying within some certain range of body weight outside the specific context of a coming competition. Had I thought that way from the beginning, I wouldn’t be this size now. It took me passing that weight up so I

If people are still arguing, they must have mental problems.[/quote]

Definitely notice the clique-shit and I haven’t even been here long. The thing that I’m very surprised with is that I posted this same question on the bb.com forum and the responses I got were more geared to answering my post. I do like this forum though, and am not bashing it by comparison, just VERY surprised is all. I was thinking this forum was more straight to the point than what I’ve seen.

Also, to the people who are saying to do a search, I have a few opposing thoughts on that. Even the same person can give two different answers, and their second answer might be even better than their first. Also, just for the life of the forum, if nobody posted about duplicate topics, the forum would most likely become desolate.

I understand why the search function is there, and it’s worth giving it a shot, but just wanted to give a few opposable points to think about.

I think the main problem is people wanting to skip ahead of what they are ready for, or taking advice out of context.

Just like the recent Kai Greene thread about “I’ll never be a weight lifter”, people take the advice of someone who is at a very advanced level and that applies to others who are at similar levels and thinking that it applies across the board.

So you get beginners hearing natural (or assisted) bodybuilders who are much more advanced than themselves saying that they stay close to their contest weight year round and thinking that it applies to them. Which, many times winds up with them just spinning their wheels for months if not years and wondering why they aren’t making the progress that they should be. Eventually they either write themselves off as “hard gainers” and endlessly start seeking out that “magical” exercise or split that will give them results, stop butting their heads against the wall and start eating (and consequently magically start making gains), or give up on their bodybuilding aspirations and instead focus on some other resistance training based activity.

2020, I’d suggest using someone like FattyFat from this forum as a great example of someone who wasn’t afraid to put one some extra weight and wound up well ahead of the game in a relatively short period of time. There are others (Prof X included), but Fatty has a great thread in the T-Cell which chronicles his progress and (I believe) before and after pictures as well to add further proof.

I’m sure that others might be able to name some other good examples as well, FF was just the first name that came to my mind.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
This is the lovely thing about the internet you can interpret my joke as a mean jab in reality it was just a joke. But take it how you want if want to get all defensive its up to you. I was just having some fun. This discussion has been brought up many times. Maybe if you used the search function located in the upper right hand corner you could go read them. ALso you have a tendency to not listen to much of the advice given to you anyways so its hard for me to want to bother to offer any.[/quote]

The VERY FIRST thread to come up on search for “bulk” had some VINTAGE Prof X shit that I’m glad I found. Hilar![/quote]

Gawd i love the vintage X. Funny i was just looking over a large discussion about this topic between CT and X. Great info same argument. And the link is in the best of sticky. It was tough to find.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

^ this. i reserve my smilies for only the special ones. Sorry 2020 you are not one.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

^ this. i reserve my smilies for only the special ones. Sorry 2020 you are not one. [/quote]

In that case, a simple ‘jk’ will do.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[/quote]

Sometimes I feel like posting an emo smiley face blowing you kisses.
[/quote]

I read your mind

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

I think the main problem is people wanting to skip ahead of what they are ready for, or taking advice out of context.

Just like the recent Kai Greene thread about “I’ll never be a weight lifter”, people take the advice of someone who is at a very advanced level and that applies to others who are at similar levels and thinking that it applies across the board.

So you get beginners hearing natural (or assisted) bodybuilders who are much more advanced than themselves saying that they stay close to their contest weight year round and thinking that it applies to them. Which, many times winds up with them just spinning their wheels for months if not years and wondering why they aren’t making the progress that they should be. Eventually they either write themselves off as “hard gainers” and endlessly start seeking out that “magical” exercise or split that will give them results, stop butting their heads against the wall and start eating (and consequently magically start making gains), or give up on their bodybuilding aspirations and instead focus on some other resistance training based activity.

2020, I’d suggest using someone like FattyFat from this forum as a great example of someone who wasn’t afraid to put one some extra weight and wound up well ahead of the game in a relatively short period of time. There are others (Prof X included), but Fatty has a great thread in the T-Cell which chronicles his progress and (I believe) before and after pictures as well to add further proof.

I’m sure that others might be able to name some other good examples as well, FF was just the first name that came to my mind.[/quote]

Either way, it has been ten years or more. The only way anyone could even act as if we didn’t know what we were talking about is if we hadn’t gained more muscle than most here in that same time frame. My first picture posted here was me at 210lbs and I wasn’t even as lean as I am now and especially not as lean as I was at the beginning of November.

I keep mentioning the “clique shit” because it is fucking up this forum. Beginners are reading these threads…but so people can make themselves seem more advanced, they give advice as if this is the meeting room before weigh ins at the Olympia contest.

It has gotten stupid and it isn’t helping anyone. No one goes from under 150lbs to gaining over 100lbs by accident or by not knowing what they are talking about.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That is all.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

That is all.[/quote]

You lose!!!

BTW nice AVI looking thick

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

That is all.[/quote]

You lose!!!

BTW nice AVI looking thick[/quote]

This thread loses due to redundancy.

And thanks mang

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

That is all.[/quote]

You lose!!!

And thanks mang[/quote]

It only loses if you “lean bulked” your way to that back by “not going more than 20lbs over contest shape”.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

That is all.[/quote]

You lose!!!

And thanks mang[/quote]

It only loses if you “lean bulked” your way to that back by “not going more than 20lbs over contest shape”.[/quote]

LOL. I was calling “asked and answered” rather than shitting on the idea of bulking hard.

FWIW I ate like a big fat mofo for years and sat in the 220-230+lb range for a long time before settling in the 200-205 range that I’m currently at. Wasn’t going to set my practices forth as the “right way” though because I’m not hyooge enough to do that yet.

und da seaaaaaa

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
und da seaaaaaa[/quote]

You’re missing one ‘da.’