Exercise Ideas with Limited Equipment

I recently bought a cage and built a platform for lifts. I only have a barbell currently and about 460 lbs of weight and I am still currently coming up with assistance exercises to do with my major lifts. I do also have an adjustable bench and a slimmer band from EliteFTS that I can use too. Any ideas?

Bench Assistance Exercises
Incline
Reverse Band
Pin press
Close grip

Squat/Deadlift Assistance Exercises
Pin Press
Reverse Band Squats
Good Mornings
Straight Leg DL

Any other ideas?

Upper back and lat work, abs, as well as some kind of curl

If you head out and buy some steel piping, bicycle hand grips, some weight clips, and 4 25’s, 8 10’s, 4 5’s, and 4 2.5’s you can make dumbbells up to 100 or so pounds which expands your choice of exercises much greater because you’ve got DB variations on the main movements.

Some chain for chain-suspended work would be a great addition.

pullup bar

All good ideas. The top bar on the cage is a pullup bar so I can work that in too.

Front squats
Deficit Deadlifts
Rack pulls
OH press

If you have a saw and a drill/screw gun
Board presses
Build a box (and make sure it’s solid) = box squats

Also, any pulling exercise with a snatch grip will work the tar out of your upper back. I’ll sometimes do snatch grip rack pulls from about knee height to work my back… my entire back.

There’s a million chin up variations too. There’s several different ways to do barbell rows. Reverse grip, close through wide grip, incline, decline, get some bands and/or chains and there’s some more variation there too and that applies to bench press too.

Also, just pausing your reps will add variation too. Boards aren’t uber expensive and if you’re really frugal and/or strapped for cash you can make them too. Different stimulus from pin presses.

Just use your imagination and you’ll have way more exercises to pick from than you actually need.

Can’t believe nobody’s mentioned rows yet.

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
Can’t believe nobody’s mentioned rows yet.[/quote]
Upper back and lat work implies rows good sir -_-

Floor press, band leg curls + every other banded exercise, lunges/1-leg squats and x2 for board work. you can get all the boards you need for <$20 of lumber

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Upper back and lat work implies rows good sir -_-[/quote]

I consider rows a bicep movement.

I really hope I don’t have to point out my sarcasm.

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Upper back and lat work implies rows good sir -_-[/quote]

I consider rows a bicep movement.

I really hope I don’t have to point out my sarcasm.[/quote]
Are you … as bored as I?

few board press variations