Everything About DNP (2,4-Dinitrophenol)

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Im curious as to how many people here have used DNP or even know someone personally that has used it. When I see a stickied thread in a forum I expect there to be at least a few people that frequent the site to be very familiar with the topic. Having a thread with information is nice, but there will always be people with questions. If no one has the experience to answer those questions is make the thread loses some of its impact, in my opinion.

If there are people here who have used it, then by all means. I just think it may be false advertising if there is a stickied thread about DNP, but no one has enough experience with it to talk in depth. [/quote]
Good opinion. I agree. I am curious too to be honest.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
Im curious as to how many people here have used DNP or even know someone personally that has used it. When I see a stickied thread in a forum I expect there to be at least a few people that frequent the site to be very familiar with the topic. Having a thread with information is nice, but there will always be people with questions. If no one has the experience to answer those questions is make the thread loses some of its impact, in my opinion.

If there are people here who have used it, then by all means. I just think it may be false advertising if there is a stickied thread about DNP, but no one has enough experience with it to talk in depth.

I actually have some in a cupboard. Not sure I’ll ever use it for body comp but it might make a fun explosive agent methinks.

BBB[/quote]

Lol easy there killer…

You are never one to shy away from an experiment, that’s for sure…

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

I actually have some in a cupboard. Not sure I’ll ever use it for body comp but it might make a fun explosive agent methinks.

BBB[/quote]

Ah I see why it shouldn’t be stickied :stuck_out_tongue: kidding heheheh

I hate seeing these long ass post that people copy and paste from other board’s “sticky” threads. Its the same BS and its usually outdated or bad information. More than half the time there is no telling who even wrote the information or if they have even used what they are writing about.

I like this board because its not like the other ones. As soon as this forum turns into a “Bro” board, then I will say go ahead and post that junk.

I voted to sticky it, and then I regreted.

I mean, this finally sounds like the miracle weight loss pill/cycle. Which is it, in a way but it is not for long term result, IMO.

Well, I’m thinking here of all the newbies and teens that are looking for info on how to gain mass the shortest way as possible without doing the right things in term of nutrition and work out. They’ll see it (without looking for it) and buy it because it is there and you guys have all the credibility needed.

[quote]ourouk wrote:
I voted to sticky it, and then I regreted.

I mean, this finally sounds like the miracle weight loss pill/cycle. Which is it, in a way but it is not for long term result, IMO.

Well, I’m thinking here of all the newbies and teens that are looking for info on how to gain mass the shortest way as possible without doing the right things in term of nutrition and work out. They’ll see it (without looking for it) and buy it because it is there and you guys have all the credibility needed…[/quote]

…Hmm, which is quite interesting. You mean sometimes it’s better not inform people about ‘product X’, since probably they’ll just shove the shit down without reading and using the stuff correctly, regqardless of writing in caps at the beggining of the thread ‘READ EVERYTHING BLA BLA BLA’. Hmm, quite frankly I agree. Ignorance is sometimes blissful I guess.

To the guy that posted above Orouk (i.e. W.H.B)–I understand that you would love first hand experience from people from THESE boards, but since there aren’t many people from what I have seen, that used DNP I had to rely on other boards. Relax man, as I said I just wanted to share what I researched. It is an interesting read anyway.

[quote]W.H.B. wrote:
I hate seeing these long ass post that people copy and paste from other board’s “sticky” threads. Its the same BS and its usually outdated or bad information. More than half the time there is no telling who even wrote the information or if they have even used what they are writing about.

I like this board because its not like the other ones. As soon as this forum turns into a “Bro” board, then I will say go ahead and post that junk.[/quote]

Just wanted to add this, I think you haven’t even bothered to read the first post, because ‘you hate seeing these long ass post’, which leads sadly to what Orouk said above. There is actual reference to medical studies carried out in that ‘article’. It’s on the bottom part of the first post.

The second post is interesting anyway to see what a supposed ‘medical student’ did. Which again, there is no proof that he is. The first post is more credible in my opinion, the second is more a ‘laymen’s experience’. One just has to decide which one to give greater ‘weight’. In the end of the day it’s all about being able to choose the bad info from good info and/or giving the proper ‘weight’ to the named articles/advice(s)/info and what not.

There’s some OK stuff in the post, but there’s also a lot of broknowledge and scaremongering. Needs to be formatted better if it’s going to be stickied as well.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
There’s some OK stuff in the post, but there’s also a lot of broknowledge and scaremongering. Needs to be formatted better if it’s going to be stickied as well. [/quote]

You sir have used DNP. Mind share some experience? I haven’t used DNP myself so I am not able to judge what’s a proper format. At least not at the time being.

Sorry I didn’t read the article, it was too long…

A little friendly advice to those who may be thinking of using dnp, DO NOT use nair while on it…it’ll give you a pretty painful chemical burn…similar to if you were to spread it over your nuts… haha

Also you may notice you gain weight while on cycle, this because dnp will cause you to retain water…this is a good thing, don’t try to prevent it. As your body retains water, it allows your body’s internal temperature to rise thus more effectively burning fat.

Working out on dnp is cool, but keep it light…it’s very easy to cramp up on this stuff. I highly suggest supplementing w/ potassium 3-4g/magnesium/taurine10g (cramps), vitamin c 3g/zinc 50mg (immune system booster), stimulant such as eca (help with the fat burning as well as combat lethargy).
Beta alanine and citrulline malate @ 6g ea are quite effective for helping to fuel your workouts…

Why the dramatic disclaimer at the top? Is DNP any safer for people over the age of 25?

[quote]Bicep_craze wrote:

To the guy that posted above Orouk (i.e. W.H.B)–I understand that you would love first hand experience from people from THESE boards, but since there aren’t many people from what I have seen, that used DNP I had to rely on other boards. Relax man, as I said I just wanted to share what I researched. It is an interesting read anyway…

Just wanted to add this, I think you haven’t even bothered to read the first post, because ‘you hate seeing these long ass post’, which leads sadly to what Orouk said above. There is actual reference to medical studies carried out in that ‘article’. It’s on the bottom part of the first post.

The second post is interesting anyway to see what a supposed ‘medical student’ did. Which again, there is no proof that he is. The first post is more credible in my opinion, the second is more a ‘laymen’s experience’. One just has to decide which one to give greater ‘weight’. In the end of the day it’s all about being able to choose the bad info from good info and/or giving the proper ‘weight’ to the named articles/advice(s)/info and what not.
[/quote]

I’m perfectly relaxed. You’re correct, I have not read your post as I have no interest in DNP. Though I have read Anthony Roberts article on the subject here on T-Nation.

I have read many articles in which I disagree with, that cite references to studies. I have access to Pubmed as does everyone else. If I am interested in something I will look there and various others places. If you don’t understand how to read and interpret the studies, as many do not, then what does it matter if one has used citations or not? You are then typically inclined to believe the article no matter what.

Anyway, this is going nowhere. All I was saying was, I vote no on a sticky.

[quote]Bicep_craze wrote:
Thomas Gabriel wrote:
There’s some OK stuff in the post, but there’s also a lot of broknowledge and scaremongering. Needs to be formatted better if it’s going to be stickied as well.

You sir have used DNP. Mind share some experience? I haven’t used DNP myself so I am not able to judge what’s a proper format. At least not at the time being.[/quote]

I think DNP posts need to move away from “don’t do it because you could die” disclaimers. The article on here by Anthony Roberts was extremely exaggerated and definitely did a disservice to the community. I understand that it is possible to kill yourself with DNP, but to be honest, I don’t even see the point in putting up a warning. Under normal circumstances, if someone died from DNP use, it is likely that they planned to kill themselves. There are guys that go overboard with the doses, but the worst that can happen is you end up having to take a cold shower. The most I’ve taken was 750mg, and it didn’t feel anywhere close to dangerous. I don’t see why someone under 25 shouldn’t take it either - unless you are saying they are too stupid to use it lol.

Regarding the formatting, you should make clear topic headers. Eg.

Dose

Mechanism of Action

Diet

etc.

You could also cut down those post sizes quite a bit if you linked to the logs rather than posted them.

I’ll leave you with one more note that I think is the most important disclaimer about DNP. Even though the MOA of DNP is not specifically catabolic, it was the most catabolic substance I’ve ever used. A little bit of mild AAS will go a long way in keeping the muscle while on DNP. Without AAS, I’d say it’s one of the worst possible things you can do for your physique.

[quote]W.H.B. wrote:
Bicep_craze wrote:

To the guy that posted above Orouk (i.e. W.H.B)–I understand that you would love first hand experience from people from THESE boards, but since there aren’t many people from what I have seen, that used DNP I had to rely on other boards. Relax man, as I said I just wanted to share what I researched. It is an interesting read anyway…

I’m perfectly relaxed. You’re correct, I have not read your post as I have no interest in DNP. Though I have read Anthony Roberts article on the subject here on T-Nation.

I have read many articles in which I disagree with, that cite references to studies. I have access to Pubmed as does everyone else. If I am interested in something I will look there and various others places. If you don’t understand how to read and interpret the studies, as many do not, then what does it matter if one has used citations or not? You are then typically inclined to believe the article no matter what.

Anyway, this is going nowhere. All I was saying was, I vote no on a sticky.[/quote]

Thanks for posting, upon further thought I think you are right. No bullshit opinion is the best. I’m editing the post to just let people know that this isn’t in anyway a true article based upon proven published articles, most of it. Thanks for posting again. Made me think about my approach towards what I believe is good info and bad info. Good point.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
Bicep_craze wrote:
Thomas Gabriel wrote:

You sir have used DNP. Mind share some experience? I haven’t used DNP myself so I am not able to judge what’s a proper format. At least not at the time being.

I think DNP posts need to move away from “don’t do it because you could die” disclaimers. The article on here by Anthony Roberts was extremely exaggerated and definitely did a disservice to the community. I understand that it is possible to kill yourself with DNP, but to be honest, I don’t even see the point in putting up a warning. Under normal circumstances, if someone died from DNP use, it is likely that they planned to kill themselves. There are guys that go overboard with the doses, but the worst that can happen is you end up having to take a cold shower. The most I’ve taken was 750mg, and it didn’t feel anywhere close to dangerous. I don’t see why someone under 25 shouldn’t take it either - unless you are saying they are too stupid to use it lol.

Regarding the formatting, you should make clear topic headers. Eg.

Dose

Mechanism of Action

Diet

etc.

You could also cut down those post sizes quite a bit if you linked to the logs rather than posted them.

I’ll leave you with one more note that I think is the most important disclaimer about DNP. Even though the MOA of DNP is not specifically catabolic, it was the most catabolic substance I’ve ever used. A little bit of mild AAS will go a long way in keeping the muscle while on DNP. Without AAS, I’d say it’s one of the worst possible things you can do for your physique. [/quote]

Good post. Well to be honest I just said the under 25 thing to discourage kids from using DNP. I am 20 years old and plan to use DNP for that matter. But I’m taking it easy for now. I mean, there’s no point in taking this stuff for now. I have much more to learn. I’m not gonna mess with something that for me, I feel its more then I can handle. Well, I’ll edit the post a little…and tell that this info might not be 100% exact. I might have made it sound some holy grail article about DNP, which in fact it isnt. Thanks for your reply.

[quote]Caged wrote:
Why the dramatic disclaimer at the top? Is DNP any safer for people over the age of 25?[/quote]

Both you and me know that if someone wanna use the substance, he/she will. Doesn’t matter if he/she is 15 or 25. It’s just a way to discourage ‘kids’ to use them. bear with me.

I am going to keep my mouth shut on this topic but i have a certain opinion on those who choose to use DNP

[quote]Big Jay wrote:
I am going to keep my mouth shut on this topic but i have a certain opinion on those who choose to use DNP[/quote]

Everybody has different opinions and everybody should respect each other opinions. Some think steroid users are lazy in some aspects, some consider DNP users to be lazy asses that dont want to work hard to shred fat, some consider it a smart way to loose fat…everybody has a different opinion. It’s these different opinions that makes humanity in general evolve, in better or worse, and its fascinating.