Eric M's Velocity Log 5/15/23 Start

Figured I would give the measurements and also discuss some lab work that I had done. Below are the results from 28-30 days on the Velocity Diet. Bloodwork was done just prior to starting, then on Day 28.

Total Cholesterol – 272 to 240.
HDL Cholesterol – 40 to 43
Triglycerides – 356 to 121 (never been this low in my life)
LDL Cholesterol – 175 to 172
Resting heart rate - This is a new one. But I noticed on my health app, that my RHR was around 70 and then rapidly decreased to about 64 while on the diet. I think that is a good sign!

Weight 200.5 to 192
Arm Flexed – Left 15 ¼ to 15
Arm Flexed – Right 15 ¾ to 15 3/4
Chest High Relaxed – 45 ½ to 45 1/4
Waist – 1 inch above – 38 to 37
Waist – at navel – 38 ½ to 37
Waist below navel – 37 ½ to 36
Thighs – Both 23 ½ to 22 1/4

So… Lipids are showing a vast improvement and I lost some inches on the measurements. My pants certainly fit looser.

The only thing that did not improve was my baselines glucose level - it actually got worse a little and is hovering around 120! BUT - Three days ago I added in Berberine just 2x a day and by the next day it was around 95 baseline, but I seem to over respond and yesterday it kept tanking. It went down to 62 during Karate, then went down to 65 like an hour after dinner. I finally ate a Special K bar and had 2 zero alcohol beers (those healthy choices haha) and it stayed up aand was 99 when I woke. I think I will cut back to 1x a day for a while, maybe at my HSM.

Anyways, this isn’t done. I like the lipid improvements and I am going to keep on going with this, but maybe add in an occasional lunch or something.

So, what could I do better if I was starting over?? Exercise more. Even the walks. Just do that more consistently.

(I can’t get photos to upload - sorry. will keep trying)

4 Likes

Great job and thanks for the write up!

2 Likes

Great job with the log in general but especially the summary and follow up. Its rare that somebody does before and after lab work. This is very valuable information. Looks like a huge success and you’ve found some new lifestyle strategies to continue with.

2 Likes