Eating Unhealthy to Meet Calorie Goals

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
would probably be a force if there was ever a contest that involved hammer strength equipment. [/quote]

funny you should mention… i heard of these weirdos who use HS stuff then they starve themselves for months at a time and after theyre done starving themselves they dance on stages in speedos

No “professional” bodybuilder would be caught dead at a fast food joint, eh?

(Skip to 50 sec)

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

(Skip to 50 sec)

[/quote]

I think dennis wolf smokes as well, there might be something to that…

This thread is dumb. Jesus H.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
Sorry for the rant…
[/quote]

Do you have public progress anywhere?

Or is this another case of “let me put down others without holding myself out to be judged.”

Your stats listed in your private profile sound like you are a quick cut away from Tony Freeman.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
[/quote]

Yeah, but this guy also sounds like he’s about to have a heart attack after a 2 minute posing routine. Not saying only Mcdonalds is to blame for that, but it prolly didnt help either. Dave Tate is a good example. His diet consisted of crap for years, and because of that his cholesterol and blood pressure numbers were horrible. He changed his approach because he understood the importance of longevity.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]supa power wrote:
A homemade burger at a good resteraunt is pretty good food, but a McDonalds burger is awful, depression inducing shite.[/quote]

Explain the difference-- Compare the McDonalds “Angus Burger” to a hamburger “at a good resteraunt(sic)”[/quote]

I can’t comment on the “anus burger” because I’ve only eaten at McDonalds a couple of times in my life. I can tell you that the difference in general between a McDonalds burger and a good quality burger either home made or bought in a good restaraunt is the quality of the meat.

Am I really explaining this. Do you really think McDonalds sources the best of the best meat?? No it uses the half rotting, hormone pumped, shittiest and cheapest meat possible, whether they say it’s “angus” or not it’s all the same.
Now if you want to eat it all the time because you like the taste then go ahead. Personally the reason I avoid it is because I think it tastes like rotten ass and not completely because it’s unhealthy. And also I know I’m one of those 1 in a million people who dislikes the taste of McDonalds, but hey, just sharing my opinion.

[quote]supa power wrote:
Do you really think McDonalds sources the best of the best meat?? No it uses the half rotting, …
[/quote]

LOL. mkay.

So, because you don’t like McDonald’s, it “the Devil”. Personally, I don’t care for McDonald’s myself, preferring a couple other chains in a pinch. However, I don’t feel the need to demonize it because I don’t prefer it.

I don’t think anyone here is advocating living off of fast food burgers, but it seems the skinniest/weakest seem to lose a lot of sleep over it. I ain’t no monster for sure, but I sure as hell don’t major in the minors.

EDIT: OH GODSS, I just made a generalization about size/strength versus ‘eating a burger’. Now before anyone starts Googling for videos of big/strong dudes eschewing cheeezzzburgers, I’m not saying that no one ever not got big not eating a burger. Jebus Christ.

Guys if you keep talking about mcdonolds Im going to have to go and buy a few big macs on the way to class

[quote]supa power wrote:
I can’t comment on the “anus burger” because I’ve only eaten at McDonalds a couple of times in my life. I can tell you that the difference in general between a McDonalds burger and a good quality burger either home made or bought in a good restaraunt is the quality of the meat.
Am I really explaining this. Do you really think McDonalds sources the best of the best meat?? No it uses the half rotting, hormone pumped, shittiest and cheapest meat possible, whether they say it’s “angus” or not it’s all the same.
Now if you want to eat it all the time because you like the taste then go ahead. Personally the reason I avoid it is because I think it tastes like rotten ass and not completely because it’s unhealthy. And also I know I’m one of those 1 in a million people who dislikes the taste of McDonalds, but hey, just sharing my opinion.
[/quote]

Agreed. Personally I feel like death after eating at mcdonalds which is why I havent eaten there in years, and will avoid it for the rest of my life. Their food is either high in sugar, sodium, preservatives or hormones. Basically all the things that are responsible for the obesity epidemic and rise in lifestyle related diseases.

If people wanna use lifting as an excuse to eat there, then fine by me. But for anyone to think they are that special snowflake that gets away with it in the long run is laughable. I know a guy from my gym who started lifting and consequently quit all aerobics and started eating fast food every day in order to get big. Sure, he got up to 110 kg in a very short time. But the last time I saw him he was downright fat. Love handles hanging over his belt, while breathing like a beached whale from a set of dumbell curls.

No thanks.

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[quote]supa power wrote:
[/quote]

Agreed. Personally I feel like death after eating at mcdonalds which is why I havent eaten there in years, and will avoid it for the rest of my life. Their food is either high in sugar, sodium, preservatives or hormones. Basically all the things that are responsible for the obesity epidemic and rise in lifestyle related diseases.

If people wanna use lifting as an excuse to eat there, then fine by me. But for anyone to think they are that special snowflake that gets away with it in the long run is laughable. I know a guy from my gym who started lifting and consequently quit all aerobics and started eating fast food every day in order to get big. Sure, he got up to 110 kg in a very short time. But the last time I saw him he was downright fat. Love handles hanging over his belt, while breathing like a beached whale from a set of dumbell curls.

No thanks.
[/quote]

I could get fat eating healthy too if my surplus was big enough.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]

Funny because I know a bunch of fat vegetarians and earthy/crunchy types.

They think that the organic potato chips are much healthier. And the organic sugar cereal, too. Some of the ones who actually eat meat buy only ‘organic certified’ meat, too. Organic ice cream. “Low fat” cereal.

My favorite? “Cholesterol free organic vegetables”. They eat that shit up-- literally and figuratively.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
^Sounds good to me.

I get tired of scrawny dudes calling anyone with a BF% around 15 “fat”.[/quote]

Same principle as guys who think they are “big” calling others scrawny because they aren’t carrying around an extra 50lbs. of lard…

Mr. X - I have never understood why you think you are an expert on the subject of bodybuilding. I respect the fact that you often are very capable of helping beginners, and spend time doing so, but your sense of superiority appears to be unfounded.

You are a big strong guy who would probably be a force if there was ever a contest that involved hammer strength equipment. Other than that, I don’t know of you being anywhere near elite in anything, or training anyone who is (or training anyone for that matter).
[/quote]
Could you direct me to the thread where you have posted picture of yourself or perhaps performance clips of you moving impressive weight?

And weight/height stats too.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
Sorry for the rant…
[/quote]

Or is this another case of “let me put down others without holding myself out to be judged.”

Your stats listed in your private profile sound like you are a quick cut away from Tony Freeman.[/quote]

Toney Freeman just happens to be my favorite BBer.

Took this one this morning straight out of bed:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
would probably be a force if there was ever a contest that involved hammer strength equipment. [/quote]

funny you should mention… i heard of these weirdos who use HS stuff then they starve themselves for months at a time and after theyre done starving themselves they dance on stages in speedos[/quote]

Perfectly said.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Actually, the other argument seems to be that if you dare eat a hamburger, you are lazy and super fat…as if fat can’t be lost.

I bet it would be cool if the progress made actually backed up the stances being taken.[/quote]
We just had two of these threads last week.

Who cares what some 160 pound ab sporting tool thinks a “high body fat percentage” is.
(Obviously this is not directed at you, X)

It is painful to log in to T-Nation each week and see the same argument. The reality is they need to split the nutrition section into two sections. Nutrition for Bodybuilders and nutrition for general fitness. I think a reasonable cut off would be a body weight of 200 pounds. If you weigh more than 200 or aspire to weigh more then 200 pounds you go to the BB Nutrition thread. all else stay in the general fitness nutrition thread.

How does that sound?[/quote]

Well damn. I guess I get to stay in the small fry section. And here I thought I looked pretty.

I think more people need to realize where they are in their training life and where they are not. For instance, most smallfry’s could probably stand to eat more like a traditional powerlifter eats (eat everything in site never miss out on possible gains). Many traditional powerlifters could probably stand to eat more like a traditional bodybuilder and stand to lose a bit of the gut and mitigate some of the negative aspects that are likely indicated in their blood tests.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
Sorry for the rant…
[/quote]

Your stats listed in your private profile sound like you are a quick cut away from Tony Freeman.[/quote]

Took this one this morning straight out of bed: [/quote]

It took you 11 years (per your hub) to do THAT?

I mean, nice abzzz and all, but hardly the poster child for ‘results of eating for size and strength’ a la Bodybuilding.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]mallen5 wrote:

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
Sorry for the rant…
[/quote]

[/quote]

He obviously wasn’t following your cooking thread of awesome. If he had, he’d be 2x.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]mallen5 wrote:

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
Sorry for the rant…
[/quote]

[/quote]

He obviously wasn’t following your cooking thread of awesome. If he had, he’d be 2x. [/quote]

Thanks, man! But, beware, a lot of that meat is corn fed and not certified organic. Goes for most of the vegetables, too.

I actually have a green bean recipe I’ve been meaning to post, but I digress.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]whatever2k wrote:

[quote]supa power wrote:
[/quote]

No thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Calorie surplus? That has nothing to do with people being fat man, it is all Fast Food joint’s fault. Nothing to do with the individual, it is the corporations & governements fault.

Silly newb.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

I think more people need to realize where they are in their training life and where they are not. For instance, most smallfry’s could probably stand to eat more like a traditional powerlifter eats (eat everything in site never miss out on possible gains). Many traditional powerlifters could probably stand to eat more like a traditional bodybuilder and stand to lose a bit of the gut and mitigate some of the negative aspects that are likely indicated in their blood tests.[/quote]

Good post.