Eating a Ton of Eggs

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I didn’t take the OPs “my gut is telling” to be a digestion issue, rather his has a feeling eat so many eggs can’t be healthy ;)[/quote]

I only eat around 8 raw eggs a day. 10 can’t possibly be healthy.[/quote]

my gut does not like raw eggs w/o some digestive enzymes :wink:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I have lowered my cholesterol about 150 points by diet. Diet can most certainly affect cholesterol.[/quote]

150 pts? WTF was it before lol

about 30% of the population are known as “hyper-responders”, so yes, eating more/less choleterol may affect them, the thing is it will raise both HDL and LDL, thus protecting the important HDL:TC[/quote]

lol. it was bad. We’ve been over this before.[/quote]

Gotcha, thought that was you, wasn’t positive… You’re fucked anyways ;)[/quote]

I’m taking bets on when I have my first heart attack/stroke.

I’ll be getting it tested again soon enough and see where my numbers are. From where they were, I’m betting I can get it down 200 points.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I have lowered my cholesterol about 150 points by diet. Diet can most certainly affect cholesterol.[/quote]

150 pts? WTF was it before lol

about 30% of the population are known as “hyper-responders”, so yes, eating more/less choleterol may affect them, the thing is it will raise both HDL and LDL, thus protecting the important HDL:TC[/quote]

lol. it was bad. We’ve been over this before.[/quote]

Gotcha, thought that was you, wasn’t positive… You’re fucked anyways ;)[/quote]

I’m taking bets on when I have my first heart attack/stroke.

I’ll be getting it tested again soon enough and see where my numbers are. From where they were, I’m betting I can get it down 200 points.[/quote]

Have you had the NMR test? would be interested to see where you’re at with that.

[quote]darkhorse1-1 wrote:
for some reason my gut is telling me eating 10 whole eggs a day isn’t going to work out too well for my cholesterol profile. But I do everything I read about on the internet so what the hell. If I have a heart attack hopefully I’ll die because my life sucks assholes.[/quote]
High cholesterol is genetic.The dietary addition is only an issue if you are predisposed.I am 53 and eat,or eat raw-egg’s for year’s and my cho9lesterol is fine.all the best john

ID- love that story. I eat eggs practically every day and every doctor I’ve seen the last few years has been surprisingly shocked at my cholesterol levels :slight_smile:

S

[quote]johnny k53 wrote:

[quote]darkhorse1-1 wrote:
for some reason my gut is telling me eating 10 whole eggs a day isn’t going to work out too well for my cholesterol profile. But I do everything I read about on the internet so what the hell. If I have a heart attack hopefully I’ll die because my life sucks assholes.[/quote]
High cholesterol is genetic.The dietary addition is only an issue if you are predisposed.I am 53 and eat,or eat raw-egg’s for year’s and my cho9lesterol is fine.all the best john[/quote]

Not entirely true. Stress for example can raise cholesterol, so would lack of sleep would be my guess. High is relative :wink:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
ID- love that story. I eat eggs practically every day and every doctor I’ve seen the last few years has been surprisingly shocked at my cholesterol levels :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

They’re only shocked because they refuse to actually think :wink:

I’d like to point out an observation.

I know 2 guys close to me who have high cholesterol (not related to me or each other), no matter what they do.

I’ve noticed that both these guys would have what’s considered Type A personalities. They’re both highly driven, stress over the most insignificant things, and anger easily/are aggressive.

My bet is that some cases of high cholesterol are, in part, due to the stress factors in these individuals.

The story I told earlier (of the guy who ate 15 eggs per day but had excellent cholesterol readings), well that guy was a very joyous, relaxed dude. At one point he was homeless and lived in his car, but stayed joyful and relaxed through everything.

I’d like to mention that having a “normal” cholesterol number despite large quantities of eggs doesn’t really say much. There are certainly people who have normal levels and still develop heart disease. We now know that the ratios of triglycerides and lipoprotiens are much more significant.

Overall heart disease is an inflammatory disease and high cholesterol can just be a symptom, not the actual cause.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

The story I told earlier (of the guy who ate 15 eggs per day but had excellent cholesterol readings), well that guy was a very joyous, relaxed dude. At one point he was homeless and lived in his car, but stayed joyful and relaxed through everything. [/quote]

Wouldn’t that be great if a positive attitude could attract positive features into our lives?

:wink:

I’ve eaten THREE dozen a day for weeks on end–no probs. Get from a farm, don’t buy crap in the store. If you eat that many eggs WITH CARBS, that’s when the trouble will begin. Egg whites only?? You’re kidding right? Without the yolk full of protein and the B vitamins and fat, your body says “WTF”? and the liver processes the whites as, you guessed it–SUGAR, and turns it into glycogen. When you go south on a woman do you just eat only part of it??

Lol at littlegun101. that is all I have to say. Yes eggs are good for you, but his whole reasoning is retarded beyond belief.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Dietary cholesterol doesn’t really affect blood cholesterol levels. When you ingest more, your liver produces less, and vice versa. Your levels are pretty much a genetically determined range. Most doctors who keep up on research are admitting this now.

This has been one of the biggest bits of incorrect information the medical community (and media) has believed for the longest time.

S[/quote]

What’s really sad is research has shown this AT LEAST as far back as 1988.

[quote]littlegun101 wrote:
I’ve eaten THREE dozen a day for weeks on end–no probs. Get from a farm, don’t buy crap in the store. If you eat that many eggs WITH CARBS, that’s when the trouble will begin. Egg whites only?? You’re kidding right? Without the yolk full of protein and the B vitamins and fat, your body says “WTF”? and the liver processes the whites as, you guessed it–SUGAR, and turns it into glycogen. When you go south on a woman do you just eat only part of it??[/quote]

Yes, when its That time of the month.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

The story I told earlier (of the guy who ate 15 eggs per day but had excellent cholesterol readings), well that guy was a very joyous, relaxed dude. At one point he was homeless and lived in his car, but stayed joyful and relaxed through everything. [/quote]

Wouldn’t that be great if a positive attitude could attract positive features into our lives?

;)[/quote]

I wouldn’t doubt that at least avoiding stress and negativity would have a positive effect on health.

you might also fart death with that many eggs…

10 Eggs! I need to get on your level! In general dietary cholesterol has piss poor absorption, but that’s highly dependant on the person. If your blood work says your all good and you feel good or better yet even see improvements then by all means keep doing your thing.