Eating a Ton of Eggs

for some reason my gut is telling me eating 10 whole eggs a day isn’t going to work out too well for my cholesterol profile. But I do everything I read about on the internet so what the hell. If I have a heart attack hopefully I’ll die because my life sucks assholes.

Eat some veggies with the eggs. it’ll cheer ya up

my cholesterol levels improved while eating a dozen eggs a day for months

I had a ton of EVOO as well so maybe that balanced it out

eat just the whites

[quote]lbraga wrote:
eat just the whites[/quote]

Great idea. 1/2 the protein, shitty tasting and none of the vitamins/minerals and other goodies.

[quote]darkhorse1-1 wrote:
for some reason my gut is telling me eating 10 whole eggs a day isn’t going to work out too well for my cholesterol profile. But I do everything I read about on the internet so what the hell. If I have a heart attack hopefully I’ll die because my life sucks assholes.[/quote]

If it gives you stomach issues than don’t eat it. Dan John is big on digestion vs. eating a high amount of calories. If what you are eating lots of calories (regardless of the food choices), and it is giving you distress, you aren’t getting the full benefit.

Some people can handle large amount of eggs, some can’t. Buy some chicken and fish. Need your fats? Mixed nuts are great, I munch on them all day long.

I should also mention, try eating 3 or 4 a day. At least you are getting some nutritious eggs in your diet, without the stomach problem. You can also try spreading them out. Have like 2 with each meal. Keeping hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator makes this easy to do.

Dietary cholesterol doesn’t really affect blood cholesterol levels. When you ingest more, your liver produces less, and vice versa. Your levels are pretty much a genetically determined range. Most doctors who keep up on research are admitting this now.

This has been one of the biggest bits of incorrect information the medical community (and media) has believed for the longest time.

S

Try adding naturally fermented foods like sauerkraut or kimchi to your diet. I make my own.

This will help with digestion plus it has other health benefits, too.

I have lowered my cholesterol about 150 points by diet. Diet can most certainly affect cholesterol.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I have lowered my cholesterol about 150 points by diet. Diet can most certainly affect cholesterol.[/quote]

150 pts? WTF was it before lol

about 30% of the population are known as “hyper-responders”, so yes, eating more/less choleterol may affect them, the thing is it will raise both HDL and LDL, thus protecting the important HDL:TC

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Try adding naturally fermented foods like sauerkraut or kimchi to your diet. I make my own.[/quote]

You’re speaking to my heart here, man!

Naturally fermented olives (i.e., without use of lactic acid as an additive, usually obtainable from the fresh counter at the supermarket) are also great.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Diet can most certainly affect cholesterol.[/quote]

Especially if ones diet is primarily carbohydrate.

It is not the cholesterol that is the problem but rather the glycation of proteins and the resulting calcification in the arterial blood vessels.

Cholesterol is supposed to help soften hardening arteries but it also has the side-effect of plugging them up. The alternative is to have them burst due to becoming too brittle - a quick versus slow death.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I have lowered my cholesterol about 150 points by diet. Diet can most certainly affect cholesterol.[/quote]

about 30% of the population are known as “hyper-responders”, so yes, eating more/less choleterol may affect them, the thing is it will raise both HDL and LDL, thus protecting the important HDL:TC[/quote]

lol. it was bad. We’ve been over this before.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

about 30% of the population are known as “hyper-responders”, so yes, eating more/less choleterol may affect them, the thing is it will raise both HDL and LDL, thus protecting the important HDL:TC[/quote]

lol. it was bad. We’ve been over this before.[/quote]

Gotcha, thought that was you, wasn’t positive… You’re fucked anyways :wink:

I found taking Betaine HCL with eggs helped me from a digestion standpoint. But kimchi/sauerkraut sounds fine too. I just prefer popping a couple pills.

I didn’t take the OPs “my gut is telling” to be a digestion issue, rather his has a feeling eat so many eggs can’t be healthy :wink:

I like telling this story.

Years ago I knew a gym owner/lifter who ate over 15 eggs per day. His doctor told him that he had the best cholesterol readings of any of his patients. At the time (the 80s) that was going against all the dietary rules.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Diet can most certainly affect cholesterol.[/quote]

Especially if ones diet is primarily carbohydrate.

[/quote]

This.

I didn’t take the OPs “my gut is telling” to be a digestion issue, rather his has a feeling eat so many eggs can’t be healthy ;)[/quote]

I only eat around 8 raw eggs a day. 10 can’t possibly be healthy.