Do I Have Good Bodybuilding Potential? 5’9" 155-160

Maybe I misrepresented my point.

I was talking about how the genetics thing has come up in the past decade or so as a pre-emptive reason to not even try.

Like, it was never even a subject of consideration or a word used in common parlance.

Now there are umpteen gazillion threads all over the internet of people asking about their “genetic potential” before they even consider touching a weight.

You’re a bad ass that has definitely earned his stripes. Did not intent to imply otherwise.

1 Like

Your shoulder to hip ratio seems better than average which is an advantage for the classic male physique. You should assume your muscle growth genetics are average, because statistically speaking almost everyone is. The upside of that is anyone with average genetics will grow muscle if they workout regularly. The rest is about motivation and selecting a program. But that is not about genetics, that is about your choices.

Your shoulders are wider than your waist so that is a start. Without getting fat concentrate on simply getting stronger. Record your data, over time you will be amazed at your progress.