Derren Brown W.T.F.

^^Yeah but that seems like but a little bit of what he claims to be able to do.

I mean we can’t trust everything we see on TV. reality shows are more scripted than we think, the people on Jerry Springer aren’t really that nuts and I think ones where he makes some one he just met 3 seconds before stand in the middle of the road and not move no matter what are just not how it really happened.

For example, there was a TV show in Canada called “Teachers in Taiwan” and I saw two or three episodes when I was in Canada for a vacation (I live in Taiwan) and they had a guy who’d been here in Taiwan 2 years and was about to go home and he wanted to visit a national park and they showed him standing on a street asking people where the park was in English and he acted befuddled and said “Does anyone here speak any English?!?” and I assure you no one would act like that if they’d been here 2 years…I mean the way he asked it like it was some National Lampoon’s Vacation movie.
They also had a girl go for a job interview at a building I’ve seen many times, but they showed the outside of a famous hotel instead.
There were a few other things too but what I’m getting at is that yes, I’m sure this guy can do some pretty cool things but some of the really incredible stuff is just that…not credible.

Well he’s human and there are bounds to what a human is capable of doing. He just makes us think more about what those are.

[quote]Nards wrote:

I mean we can’t trust everything we see on TV. reality shows are more scripted than we think, the people on Jerry Springer aren’t really that nuts and I think ones where he makes some one he just met 3 seconds before stand in the middle of the road and not move no matter what are just not how it really happened.

For example, there was a TV show in Canada called “Teachers in Taiwan” and I saw two or three episodes when I was in Canada for a vacation (I live in Taiwan) and they had a guy who’d been here in Taiwan 2 years and was about to go home and he wanted to visit a national park and they showed him standing on a street asking people where the park was in English and he acted befuddled and said “Does anyone here speak any English?!?” and I assure you no one would act like that if they’d been here 2 years…I mean the way he asked it like it was some National Lampoon’s Vacation movie.
They also had a girl go for a job interview at a building I’ve seen many times, but they showed the outside of a famous hotel instead.
There were a few other things too but what I’m getting at is that yes, I’m sure this guy can do some pretty cool things but some of the really incredible stuff is just that…not credible.[/quote]

Nards, he does a live show where he selects all the participants by throwing beanie’s into the crowd and having them lob it around. And the stuff he does at the show is equally, if not more impressive than the stuff he does on TV.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Well he’s human and there are bounds to what a human is capable of doing. He just makes us think more about what those are.[/quote]

Actually, the opposite is true.

Most tricks revolve around making people “just play along”.

That’s a very powerful mechanism, if exploited.

[quote]Nards wrote:

There were a few other things too but what I’m getting at is that yes, I’m sure this guy can do some pretty cool things but some of the really incredible stuff is just that…not credible.[/quote]

fair enough. as a top magician (or whatver u wanna call him) you’re always gonna be in the spotlight, so anything that is bogus is more than likely gonna get him called out. for example, it would be hard for him to pay people off to act a certain way without it coming out in the media, no?

I can’t view any of the videos…why is this?

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
I can’t view any of the videos…why is this?[/quote]

Another one who doesn’t know the trick…at the end of each video he tells you to forget everything you’ve seen. You did watch them!

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:
I can’t view any of the videos…why is this?[/quote]

Another one who doesn’t know the trick…at the end of each video he tells you to forget everything you’ve seen. You did watch them![/quote]

LOL!