DE Westside Day Question

On the dynamic effort days, should your assistance lifts also be dynamic? on this website

it says on the DE days “same as day 1” or “same as day 2” so for the past 3 weeks i’ve been going max effort on all the assistance lifts 4 days a week. This week, the 3rd week, it’s really hit me, as I felt flat out worn out yesterday and didn’t lift as heavy for the squats as i had the week before, and don’t even get started on my upper body work today.

So should the assistance lifts on DE days be fast too? If so it’d be nice if they cleared that up instead of saying same as day 1 or 2, but specifying that the box squat and bench on DE days be fast and 45-55% effort of max.

ALL your lifts should be fast ME, DE RE all of them your aiming to mave thjat damn weight FAST get the job done. assistance work in general both days is RE work repetition work.

Id read up a bit on it bro its pretty clearly laid out in a lot of Dave’s article here. Tyr the periodization bible 1 and 2 and also the eight keys series.

Phill

obviously all the lifts i try and do fast, that’s not the question…and, you can only do a max effort lift so fast with all that weight on top of you.

my questions wasn’t if i should be doing them all fast, it was if i should be lifting all out all 4 days, and by all out i mean i’m using the same weight on max effort days as i am dynamic effort days on the assistance lifts, barely able to get the 8-10 on them.

and that program that i just linked to is not one with RE days, as isn’t that a part of defranco’s training, not westside?

Read the periodization bible parts 1 & 2.
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=body_129per
http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=body_133per

The Westside method is a periodization program known as conjugated periodization.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
obviously all the lifts i try and do fast, that’s not the question…and, you can only do a max effort lift so fast with all that weight on top of you.

my questions wasn’t if i should be doing them all fast, it was if i should be lifting all out all 4 days, and by all out i mean i’m using the same weight on max effort days as i am dynamic effort days on the assistance lifts, barely able to get the 8-10 on them.

and that program that i just linked to is not one with RE days, as isn’t that a part of defranco’s training, not westside?[/quote]

you should be striving to improve your assistance work however you choose to do it. It sounds like you may be doing the same assistance exercises for ME and DE day which I wouldnt do, also you may very the load slightly on your assistance work for each day as well. Both of these things should provide a bit more longevity to the exercises you chose.

Also read articles the other guys recomended. Also you must try to understand the ideas of west sides training, not necassarily a specific program but the hows and whys of what they do. It took me a long time to grasp alot of it and even though my program would never be confused with what west side does it is heavily influenced by them and the people at elitefts.com