Dchris's Grappling with Age

nothing particularly groundbreaking. BWx10 for cals, ramping up drugs and cardio as I go, rather than cutting calories any lower.

3 Likes

Your way sounds like hell, I’m really not sure I could function at 20g carb so fair play. Interested to see how quickly you lean up and if you can maintain strength.

Hope your back gets better so you can get back at it 100%. Good luck.

1 Like

Ain’t this the truth. I once doubled over with lower back muscle spasms from pulling clothes out of the dryer.

Get better @dchris!

1 Like

It certainly can be! Especially if you don’t snack on something throughout the day.

I have had lifts actually increase while in Keto. I don’t know that I would ‘bulk’ eating in Keto though.

That’s the plan. It’s been a more severe and different pain than I’ve experienced in the past. Went to the chiro today and got some relief. Think one of the nerves is getting hit. Taking a shit is extremely painful.

My morning weight was 218.2 today. I was stuck at 221 for forever, but dropped 3lbs today. Since diet is the only thing I can control right now, just trying to keep that as perfect as possible.

1 Like

Well, good news. Went to the chiro and had an MRI done yesterday (wish the dr. would of done this). Came back that I have inflamed soft tissue pinching a nerve. Hoping to make a come back next week. I won’t be loading my spine for quite some time, but hopefully start doing something.

6 Likes

Good news! Glad you will be getting back at.

Glad to hear the good news man! Hope you’re feeling better!

2 Likes

1/22
Weight is holding around 118-119.

My back is still hurting. Much better, but still lingering pain in my lower back.

Today, I did some push ups, band pull aparts and KB curls. Spent yesterday at a wedding and resisted the open bar and any sweets. Including a table full of my favorite flavored cupcakes

Back pain = 100lb drop.

We all knew what you meant, but some smart-ass had to say it.

1 Like

Haha :joy:

@The_Myth hate to bog that guys log, if we aren’t talking to him. Here’s the video I was talking about: Peter Attia - An Advantaged Metabolic State: Human Performance, Resilience & Health - YouTube

Might be a tad long and dry. Ha. I’ve watched it several times.

Re Ketostix: the reason they aren’t as accurate is because they test your acetate levels. Or unused ketone levels. The real measure of ketosis is testing for beta-hydroxybutyrate, which is tested from the blood. I still use ketostix every other week or so, cause I have a ton of them.

Man, I’ll only catch you on weight loss if I cut my legs off.

2 Likes

Don’t give up deadlifting!!! But come back slowly and good luck with everything.

I can confirm this is true.

You need a new doctor.

1 Like

Having it not be as serious definitely made me reconsider. Although, I think I’m going to lay off for 6 months or so. The more I think about it, the more I think I hyper extended, while bracing. I’ve lost several inches on my waist and I think I was thrown off by the lack of fat to brace off of in the belt.

I agree. It’s increasingly difficult to find a good one.

1 Like

1/23

First day back.

Incline Bench
3x15 - 15 band pull aparts between sets.

Lat pullovers
2x10

Triceps dips
1xamrap

Backs still tender. Made sure I didn’t pick anything heavy up. Definitely not ready for any spine loading.

1 Like

1/24

Morning Weight: 216.8! - The lowest I have weight since I was 16.

I decided I might be losing weight too quickly, so I had a scone this morning. Holy smokes, my arms, chest and upper back immediately perked up and felt full. I might have another carb re-feed for lunch. Then go back to my regularly scheduled keto food at dinner time.

EDIT: Just had lunch… I caved in and had a cheat meal. It was a chicken craprese flatbread sandwich (essentially a salad in a pita), with sweet potato fries. It’s amazing what happens when you haven’t had carbs in so long; It tasted super sweet.

5 Likes

Back still has it moments, so decided it was chest day round two. Hahaha

WU: pull aparts
Incline Bench
5x10

KB Rows
3x10/arm -these went very well. Great MMC

French press
3x10 first time my pats have ever cramped. My triceps do all the work, but bracing with my arms overhead like this caused them to cramp.

My wife was stressing because she apparently takes on more stress than is needed, with preparing Keto meals for me. It’s never a problem for me, but she stresses about making something tasty for me. I litterly would be happy with 17 cheese sticks. So, I gave her the night off and continued my gluttonous day, and had a Thai omelette. Which essentially is a 3 egg omelette deep fried over rice.

2 Likes

1/25
Morning weight: 218

Unintentionally fasted until 4PM. Had a thirty meeting last 7 hours. Haha

Tried to do 95lb front squats, but back felt a little too fragile still. It could be mental, but what’s another day off from hitting legs.

Chest day numero tres
Circuit of:
15 Incline Bench
10/arm KB row
15 band tricep ext.

For 8 rounds.

Had a great pump, probably from residual carbs. Here’s a 25 day update photo.

4 Likes

You’re leaning out my man, only twenty five more to go, lol!

1 Like

Well, I’m glad you think so. I still feel fat and defeated. I’m now 57lbs lighter than I was 18 months ago. I thought for sure, I’d have full abs by now.

fixed, hahaha The goals 195, while in keto. Which is probably closer to 200lbs out of keto.

2 Likes