Creatine on Non-Workout Days?

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
rock27 wrote:Also in regards to the “safe” comment taking too much creatine can put stress on the kidneys and the liver.

I think you’ve been spending too much time on bodybuilding.com.

I’m pretty sure there’s no credible evidence to support the assertion that the quantities of Creatine discussed in this thread have any negative effects on kidney or liver function in healthy individuals.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please present it.[/quote]

Taking anything in excess which has to be filtererd by the internal organs puts an undue stress on it, which can lead to problems. And the fact is excessive amounts of creatine has to be gotten rid of, via the kidneys putting you at possible risk of some problems in later life.

You are supposed to take creatine with a high GI carb… which I only consume PWO.

On off days, what are you guys taking your creatine with?

[quote]gabex wrote:
You are supposed to take creatine with a high GI carb… which I only consume PWO.

On off days, what are you guys taking your creatine with?[/quote]

Most studies done with high GI carbs were a LOT of carbs…not really worth it for most people.

And it can be absorbed in water, but I’d take it with a meal.

Hard time believing that creatine from red meat wouldn’t be absorbed if it wasn’t with starch/sugar.

[quote]lixy wrote:
cpe21 wrote:
[…]but the main point is that creatine should be taken everyday to realize its effects.

Come again? Do you have anything at all to back that up?[/quote]

i’m not going to search all day long for a study to convince you…through reading sites and various articles over the past few years and then applying different methods to my own supplementation, i’ve found that using it everyday is what works. see Berardi.

as i mentioned before, for me, if i can’t take my creatine for a few days in row, i notice a deflating - that shows me that it’s absence is having an effect.

to each his own - do what you wish, bro.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
rock27 wrote:Also in regards to the “safe” comment taking too much creatine can put stress on the kidneys and the liver.

I think you’ve been spending too much time on bodybuilding.com.

I’m pretty sure there’s no credible evidence to support the assertion that the quantities of Creatine discussed in this thread have any negative effects on kidney or liver function in healthy individuals.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please present it.[/quote]

It looks like Rock 27 is one of the smartest people in this blog. If he was spending too much time in bodybuilding.com he probably would be saying nothing is wrong with anything. Creatine storage can take place up to 2 months. A person can take creatine for a couple of weeks, and the next few weeks that person will still have a full load of creatine in their body for a few more weeks. Creatine is also in some of the foods that we eat, so any little bit lost would be quickly picked up from eating a good steak.