Creatine on Non-Workout Days?

Hey all,

I am currently cutting up, and taking 5g pre and post workout, but I was wondering if you guys still take creatine on off days when on a cut??

No one’s got an opinion?

Yes, they do

Five grams, everyday.

I take 5g on off days with breakfast no matter if i’m cutting or bulking. Lifting days it’s 5g pre/post workout.

Every day for me…but I don’t panic if I forget

i only do it on weight days as that’s when you’re utilizing more creatine for energy.

even while bulking I’m doing this.

5 pre- and post seems like too much IMO. 3-5g/day should be sufficient

don’t use it on non training days, coz it’s not needed don’t think there is any harm in doing it, just no need.You’ll end up essentially pissing your money away.

Without reference to whatever goals you might be aiming at through a ‘cut’, it should not be forgotten that creatine aids recovery over training sessions, not just enhances performance during workouts. Why, if not deprive yourself, at least diminish the availability to your body of a recovery aid?

[quote]rock27 wrote:
don’t use it on non training days, coz it’s not needed don’t think there is any harm in doing it, just no need.You’ll end up essentially pissing your money away.[/quote]

correct me if i’m mistaken, but i’ve always been under the impression that you absolutely must take it everyday, consistently - as you need to keep it in your system for it to be effective.

if you only work out 3x/wk, for example, and you only took it on those days, it wouldn’t be effective.

i do my absolute best to take it everyday - sometimes i forget, but i don’t trip about missing one day every now and then, but i definitely can see deflation when i’ve gone more than a few days without it(…those rare times when i don’t time my Biotest order right)!

also…the stuff is so damn cheap, why not take it everyday? if your worried about wasting money here, you have bigger problems to worry about than getting stronger!

[quote]cpe21 wrote:
rock27 wrote:
don’t use it on non training days, coz it’s not needed don’t think there is any harm in doing it, just no need.You’ll end up essentially pissing your money away.

correct me if i’m mistaken, but i’ve always been under the impression that you absolutely must take it everyday, consistently - as you need to keep it in your system for it to be effective.

if you only work out 3x/wk, for example, and you only took it on those days, it wouldn’t be effective.

i do my absolute best to take it everyday - sometimes i forget, but i don’t trip about missing one day every now and then, but i definitely can see deflation when i’ve gone more than a few days without it(…those rare times when i don’t time my Biotest order right)!

also…the stuff is so damn cheap, why not take it everyday? if your worried about wasting money here, you have bigger problems to worry about than getting stronger![/quote]

I agree. Because it’s so cheap and safe, it’s the only supplement that I think “more is better”. I suggest 5-10 grams a day everyday. More if you’re huge. It also has other benefits besides weight training, so I think it should be an everyday staple.

I don’t. But if I was cutting, I’ll probably take some to keep the brain sharp. It’s dirt cheap anyway…

ditto what lixy said, 5g for healthy brain function.

[quote]conorh wrote:
cpe21 wrote:
rock27 wrote:

also…the stuff is so damn cheap, why not take it everyday? if your worried about wasting money here, you have bigger problems to worry about than getting stronger!

I agree. Because it’s so cheap and safe, it’s the only supplement that I think “more is better”. I suggest 5-10 grams a day everyday. More if you’re huge. It also has other benefits besides weight training, so I think it should be an everyday staple.[/quote]

Have to strongly disagree, in my opinion more is certainly not better. The body absorbs creatine like water on a hot day. You can use as little as 3-4g per day and still reap the benefits. There is a certain level which the body can absorb.Any additional creatine taken above this threshold is just pissed out. Also in regards to the “safe” comment taking too much creatine can put stress on the kidneys and the liver.

[quote]
The body absorbs creatine like water on a hot day. You can use as little as 3-4g per day and still reap the benefits. There is a certain level which the body can absorb.[/quote]

just to clarify:

so you’ve changed your mind and agree that it is best to take it daily?

you’re right on with your body only being able to to absorb so much, so too much will be pissed away (for example, taking 100g/day if your body can only take 5g/day is a waste and will be expelled) - but the main point is that creatine should be taken everyday to realize its effects.

I think you’ve been spending too much time on bodybuilding.com.

I’m pretty sure there’s no credible evidence to support the assertion that the quantities of Creatine discussed in this thread have any negative effects on kidney or liver function in healthy individuals.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please present it.

Berardi recommends 3-5/g daily. i’ll follow his advice on it

I do 10 grams when lifting (5 in peri-shake and 5 in post)

You might want to look up what Dave Barr says about it.

[quote]cpe21 wrote:
[…]but the main point is that creatine should be taken everyday to realize its effects.
[/quote]

Come again? Do you have anything at all to back that up?

rock knows what he is saying. I took it excessively and made a big mistake. I actually got kidney stones from it. Basically, I just take 5-10 grams an hour before I workout, b/c like rock said, you piss it out if you dont actually work out.