Conditioning While on WS4SB

Subject pretty well says it all, I’m looking to work in some conditioning while doing ws4sb (the four day template)

I want to do sprint work somehow, I’m not exactly sure what I should do though.

I’m thinking 400m sprints would get the job done, But I’m not sure how many I should do or how long to wait between “sets”

Not sure how many time a week I should do them either… 2-3 times?

So far I’m doing.

Monday - Max effort upperbody.

tuesday- Dynamic effort lower body (jumps, followed by walking lunges and RDL’s).

Thursday - Repitition upperbody

friday - Max effort Lower body

If you read the article you would see that he advises such work after the upper body sessions and leaving the days off for rest (although extra NEPA, mobility, etc. wouldnt hurt).

You could also try on off days - but that might be a bit draining. Try both.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
If you read the article you would see that he advises such work after the upper body sessions and leaving the days off for rest (although extra NEPA, mobility, etc. wouldnt hurt).

You could also try on off days - but that might be a bit draining. Try both.[/quote]

I did read the article, and the above were the questions I was left with. Maybe it’s been awhile since you read the article.

I most likely will try to work it in on the upperbody days, but in a week or two I’ll be training early in the morning before work (5am ish) and will be stretched for time. So a seperate day is most likely what I’m going to resort to.

I have no experience with sprinting for conditioning though, and still need input on how much to do, the distances I should run etc.

when sprinting to actually aim to become faster, you want full recovery 10m ran = 1 minute rest.

sprinting to improve conditioning is about short distances and short rests, you could

sprint 20m- walk back
sprint 30m- walk back
sprint 20m- walk back etc…

you see what I mean right.

[quote]OooahhhCANTONA wrote:
when sprinting to actually aim to become faster, you want full recovery 10m ran = 1 minute rest.

sprinting to improve conditioning is about short distances and short rests, you could

sprint 20m- walk back
sprint 30m- walk back
sprint 20m- walk back etc…

you see what I mean right.[/quote]

Ya, I was expecting a lot longer distances (200-400m)

Is the amount of sets done as simple as do them until you can’t do any more? Or is it do them until you start to slow down significantly (I’m thinking it’d be the second one)