Combining Supplements?

Hey I’m 20 years old, 6’, 200 lbs…I’ve been on a pretty rigorous weightlifting and diet program for about 12-13 weeks, staying dedicated to adding mass while trying to reduce my body fat %…

I am currently at about 13%. I’ve been taking n.o. explode pre workout and a quality postworkout shake with creatine as supplementations to my diet which is in line with the t-dawg diet. I do sprint workouts (15 x 110’s)about 4 times a week.

I really want to lower my body fat % as I am currently feeling like I am at a standstill. Would taking HOT-ROX along with these other supplement have a negative effect on anything or would it be a safe supplement to combine with these?

I am also a college baseball player and looking to get shredded up and have a hard looking body before the season, however, I do need to maintain a good energy level. Thanks for any help/suggestions!

NO2 type products are basically vasodilators and shouldn’t be used with HOT-ROX due to the fact that HOT-ROX can have a vasodialating effect as well and you run the risk of lowering blood pressure too much.

My advice, ditch the NO2 for awhile (many here don’t think too highly of it) get some HOT-ROX Extreme and consider TRIBEX Gold or Methoxy-7 with it and burn that fat off.

D

If you’re an athlete, it makes better sense to use something like BETA-7 than an NO2 product.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
If you’re an athlete, it makes better sense to use something like BETA-7 than an NO2 product.[/quote]

and fish oil.

C’mon guys, stop calling them NO2 products (I need to change that Barrticle title). lol

NO-Xplode has potential for being inherently dangerous itself, due to the content of glycocyamine and guanidinopropionic acid.

Here’s more info for you: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459369

BTW-I agree that beta alanine is a much better choice.

Thanks alot for all of the help/info…good to know about the N.O. explode. I will have to cut that out from now on. Will the BETA-7 act in a similar manner as the N.O. explode in terms of preworkout energy, or do I just take it in the morning when I wake up?

Just to clear all of this up and make sure it is safe to combine all of these, does a supplement program such as this sound sufficient for fat loss and LBM gains:
BETA-7, creatine, HOT-ROX, and TRIBEX?

Or is that overkill and too many supplements at a given time. I am a little hesitant to put all of these in my body at once because i haven’t taken BETA-7, HOT-ROX, or TRIBEX at all before.

Also do you guys know if each of these are safe to take in terms of NCAA DI testing?

Thanks again for your help!

[quote]Dsta12 wrote:
Thanks alot for all of the help/info…good to know about the N.O. explode. I will have to cut that out from now on. Will the BETA-7 act in a similar manner as the N.O. explode in terms of preworkout energy, or do I just take it in the morning when I wake up?

Just to clear all of this up and make sure it is safe to combine all of these, does a supplement program such as this sound sufficient for fat loss and LBM gains:

Or is that overkill and too many supplements at a given time. I am a little hesitant to put all of these in my body at once because i haven’t taken BETA-7, HOT-ROX, or TRIBEX at all before.

Also do you guys know if each of these are safe to take in terms of NCAA DI testing?

Thanks again for your help![/quote]

That would be a very effective stack provided your nutrition and training are in order. BETA-7 isn’t a pre-workout booster per say, but rather will increase muscular endurance allowing for either more reps or higher output in terms of running, cycling, and so forth.

If you get HOT-ROX Extreme that will be plenty in terms of a pre workout booster to drop kick energy into overdrive.

Sorry, but I don’t have knowledge of NCAA you would have to check with them, but I don’t think any of these products would be banned.

Take care,

D

[quote]Dsta12 wrote:Just to clear all of this up and make sure it is safe to combine all of these, does a supplement program such as this sound sufficient for fat loss and LBM gains:
[/quote]

It is safe to use those products together, but it doesn’t make sense to begin using them all at once if you’ve never used any of them previously.

It’s better to introduce one new product at a time so you can gain a better understanding of how you respond to each of them.

thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate it

one last question for you guys…

I am really excited about trying out the beta alanine, however, it is pretty costly at 50 bucks for about a month usage. Does it have to be time released or could I just take 2-3 doses 6 hours apart of the basic stuff from bulk nutrition that will give me 500 grams for 40 bucks and then combine it with some creatine mixed up in a protien shake?

Thanks again for any comments…

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:

It’s better to introduce one new product at a time so you can gain a better understanding of how you respond to each of them.[/quote]

I agree 100% if you add a ton of new things at once and get crappy or great results no telling what did it.

Phill

I have no problem with supplementation, I use a shit load myself. But if you can’t get below 13% bodyfat its because of your nutrition. Supplements will help but their not a magic pill.