China's Dangerous Lies about Everything

Are you sure he wasn’t out for essentials? How would that even be proven?

I haven’t been following this thread beyond the early posts, and I know i have my own thread relating to Huawei, but I wonder what responses might result from this article:

We arrested their CFO the other year, and we still haven’t made a decision as to whether we should go 5G.

His Facebook post, duh.

1 Like

I guess you made a decision.

He posted it to the world man.

Couldn’t all of those places be for essentials? I don’t know what state you’re in, but mine has closed businesses that haven’t been deemed essential.

What’s your point here?

I was just surprised to see this:

from someone that, not all that long ago, posted this(and more later in the thread):

If I am tested for Coronavirus I’m isolating myself even more than already and making sure someone else gets items I would need. I don’t know but this sounds like an attention whore taking joy in the fact that he is far too busy to care about the fact that he could potentially be contributing to sickness and death in the midst of a worldwide health crisis where people are aware of the need to not be selfish assholes.

2 Likes

They’ll probably be testing my dead body if I’m tested, unless I’m required to at work or something.

I agree. Who else posts stuff about day-to-day life on Facebook?

You don’t believe in doctors or don’t want to be tested should you need services to save your life?

Your positions make me scratch my head. It seems like someone wanted to let people know that just because they had been tested for Coronavirus they weren’t about to make any changes that could potentially help other humans. Even if it was super easy to do.

Sounds like insanely selfish and bragging about it in the midst of a worldwide health crisis. And it seems like you’re happy to defend him for some weird reason.

The absolute selfishness (based on what we know) and disdain for other humans seems like something a Christian should be against and not celebrating. Hence why I said your positions confuse me. I don’t pretend to know all the details but based on what was shared and the source it doesn’t sound like someone who needs defending.

1 Like

You can’t see the difference? Illegal stop, think…illegal…

Interestingly, Sotomayor was appointed by whom?

1 Like

^Not quite 4 yeas ago and just last week my company issued travel papers in case an essential employee is pulled over on their way to/from work.

Think I’ll start 1984 for the third or fourth time tonight…

1 Like

They definitely exist. Who wouldn’t believe in doctors?

I don’t have any plans on going to be tested if I feel a cold coming on.

Maybe. I’d have to know more about why they were tested to make any real judgment here.

Not defending him. I just think the reaction to this thing is NUTS. Like, insane. And if 3.5 billion people don’t die, this shutdown practice will be defended. And it will happen in the fall. Then next spring. And so on.

Sorry. This Christian doesn’t believe the world needs to be shut down. This Christian believes production and wealth improve medical care. Not laws.

That’s what the title said. It wasn’t “illegal.” The dissent didn’t even argue it was illegal. That’s clickbait.

Had to look it up, but Obama. What is interesting about that?

Yeah, the ONLY bright spot is that Trump hasn’t ordered any of this crap yet. My interpretation of founding documents is that the states were supposed to be able to do anything that wasn’t specifically named as a right of the federal government. Edit: Absolutely not saying that I agree with this crap at any level, of course.

Maybe originally, but federalism has been neutered quite a bit.

1 Like

Appointees from Democrat presidents voted freedom.

And if you read the article, it was illegal stops.

He found out he couldn’t.

Nor do I depending on symptoms. But doctors certainly won’t be testing my dead body if I can help it. I’ll go to them as soon as I have reason to think I need to and would hope you would make the same decision for yourself and family.

Why? You don’t think he has any obligation to change any behavior simply because he has been tested. Basically willfully defying what doctors and nurses are pleading people to do even those without it? I mean I suppose he can do whatever he wants. But I would find it hard to believe someone who can afford internet to post this has to visit these stores himself.

Seems like an attention whore of the “let’s have a Coronavirus party” type. Again based on information I have.

The world isn’t shut down. I would think Christians would be disgusted at what it seems like this guy did yet you’re almost coming off as a “good for him.” Maybe what’s best for medical care at this moment is what we’re doing? Not like we can’t jump back to production and wealth. Medical care is to enhance and save lives? Seems like for a brief moment in time that’s the focus of most of the country.

Maybe a production and wealth pause to focus solely on that is best for the nation? It’s not like we haven’t paused as a nation to focus on something more before. What’s more worthy of a pause than a worldwide health crisis? I would think at the least it’s better than pausing and shifting focus for war like we have in the past. Though I’m not arguing against those moves either. Merely that this seems like the most worthy of all.

Definitely. Weird time. Nothing more nuts to me than knowing what we know about this and not changing your actions. Being tested for this knowing what we know and not changing your actions? Ignorant, selfish, despicable come to mind for the guy. And nuts.

So what’s your point? Someone VOLUNTARILY posted an admission they were “joy riding” and flouting a lawful medical order to the entire world, after having people who know them see them in public.

That’s not in the realm of an illegal stop. That’s someone flouting the order while sick, bragging about it to a public WORLDWIDE forum (not private messages or correspondence and there’s no expectation of privacy), and then getting someone who KNOWS them to call the cops. Just desserts.

Those are ENTIRELY different scenarios. You could even call it a “wellness check”.