Chafing Advice

Alright,
Every year i have played a sport for the past 5 years, i have chafed extremely bad. I wear compression shorts and i have used baby powder but nothing seems to stop it. Last year my inner-thighs were like ground sirloin, the skin just kept falling off.
So what are some suggestions?

[quote]KingMike wrote:
Alright,
Every year i have played a sport for the past 5 years, i have chafed extremely bad. I wear compression shorts and i have used baby powder but nothing seems to stop it. Last year my inner-thighs were like ground sirloin, the skin just kept falling off.
So what are some suggestions?[/quote]

same thing happens to be and I’ma little dude. It’s especially bad on the stretch marks. like scabbed over then ripped back open dialy bad.

Band-aid makes a blister block stick that works pretty well for me. If I start chafing, getting a blister, whatever and where ever, it lubes it right up. I do have to reapply pretty regularly. I know there are some runner’s potions too, but I don’t know their names.

Wax your thighs

You could try a spay on anti-perprent or even a roll-on with the babby powder. I dont kow if it would work but it sounds like a good idea, but it should help to lessen the swetting

Ironmind sells a product called bodyglide. Works pretty well and doesn’t come off as easily as baby powder. Might be worth a try.

Look to the distance runner market, they sell several different products for this. There is a stick type called Chafe Zone, there is a rollon by a different company that works really well, but I can’t remember where I put it.

The best thing I learned playing football was Gold Bond is king when it comes to “chub rub” It has a bit of tingle but you will learn to love it.

you could also lub up with some A&D

this was addressed in a different thread not sure where couldnt find it

but baby oil,deodrant works ( dont use it with the skin broken) ewww
surprised baby powder doent work for ya.

vasoline works well kinda weird getting used to haveing it on your legs but it works
in wrestling I used KY ( go ahead laugh) in sports where you dont seat alot ky is the best its like vasoline but its so easy to wash off.

every time someone sees me waxin up my theighs with KY they ask WTH that for
told em it makes removing my foot from their ass eaiser.

Make sure you are wearing a jock with those compression shorts.

“They don’t call you a jock for nothing”

Buy some Body Glide. It looks like a stick of deodorant. When I was over 320 I could not walk more than 5 feet without it. I found it at Dick’s Sporting Goods.

I feel your pain bro, whenever I get a new pair of rugby shorts they rip up my inner thighs.

I’ve tried tons of stuff but I always end up using plain ass petroleum jelly…use it liberally though.

Old school trick from my running days, cut a tensor bandage in half, & wrap one half over each thigh, tight enough to absorb the moisture, but not so much that you lose circulation.

I never succeeded in stopping it happening, but I found applying sorbelene cream to the affected area regularily helped alleviate things a bit.

If nothing else has worked, Desitin (typically for diaper rash) works Very well. Please note, it does not come off easily. However, if chafing is bad enough its a fair price to pay IMO.

sudacreame at night after youve cleaned http://www.sudocrem.co.uk/

YFronts/jock strap under your compression shorts.

some vaseline before training/match etc.

also if it really really bad inseason, think about rubbing metalethed spirits on the troublesome areas daily during “off Season” when you aint chaffing. this should harden the skin and make it tougher.

i do this for my hands when i played hurling (effecticily lacross but even more brutal and using a wooden stick) and i never got blisters/red areas etc. i started doing this after i was told to soack my feet in it during the early rugby season as the ground is rock hard and blisters are very common.

Scott

another vote here for bodyglide…i use it daily.