Celebrating Atheism

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Okay, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t you state in another thread that you believed in God, but just hated religion?

CS[/quote]

Of course. But I don’t know the term for someone who believes in a Spinozist type god but not the Christian one.
[/quote]

You’re a half-assed atheist.

CS[/quote]

Fence riders are weak minded.

Yeah, I wish there was one word for someone who despises religion but believes in God. Furthermore, that God doesn’t give a rat’s ass about any individual but does things for some inscrutible reasons of his own.

Is there a God at all or one who has some goal in mind and couldn’t care less about you, me, or anyone?

No one knows. But I do know that I exist, THAT is certain. And since God doesn’t give a shit , then I’ll behave as if he doesn’t exist anyway. Why try to please some entity that doesn’t care about you?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Okay, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t you state in another thread that you believed in God, but just hated religion?

CS[/quote]

Of course. But I don’t know the term for someone who believes in a Spinozist type god but not the Christian one.
[/quote]

CS[/quote]

You failed. You have to come up with a word, not one that has vague means.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Yeah, I wish there was one word for someone who despises religion but believes in God. Furthermore, that God doesn’t give a rat’s ass about any individual but does things for some inscrutible reasons of his own.

Is there a God at all or one who has some goal in mind and couldn’t care less about you, me, or anyone?

No one knows. But I do know that I exist, THAT is certain. And since God doesn’t give a shit , then I’ll behave as if he doesn’t exist anyway. Why try to please some entity that doesn’t care about you?[/quote]

I swear there’s a name for that, I just can’t place it.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

CS[/quote]

Fence riders are weak minded.[/quote]

How?

The theist can claim to know god, or believe in god. The Theist who claims to know God had a personal experience, or is crazy.

The atheist claims to not have an opinion about god, but actually most have an active belief that there is no god. In that sense they have faith in nothing. The way this is put forth, the Atheist does not believe in any gods is the same as believing these gods are are a myth, therefore they believe that no such things exist.

The agnostic/ fence sitter understands both positions, and decides to not take part in believing in, nor believing not. We KNOW that the information cannot be known at the time, and sit on the fence. WE are the ones who utilize reason and knowledge.

[quote]Severiano wrote:<<< WE are the ones who utilize reason and knowledge. >>>[/quote]You steal reason and knowledge from my bank in so doing and I have demonstrated why in the epistemology and metaphysics thread among others. Check those please.

[quote]pat wrote:<<< I am a deist.[/quote]For all your obvious intelligence you are one confused man Pat.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

No one knows. But I do know that I exist, THAT is certain. And since God doesn’t give a shit , then I’ll behave as if he doesn’t exist anyway. Why try to please some entity that doesn’t care about you?[/quote]
I swear there’s a name for that, I just can’t place it.[/quote]I believe you are grasping for “bonehead”.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

Wouldn’t Deism be closest? Also I think Spinozism is an actual term but most won’t know what that means.[/quote]

No where near… I am a deist.[/quote]

Pat, my brother, how are you a deist? If you believe in miracles, how can you possibly be a deist?

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

Wouldn’t Deism be closest? Also I think Spinozism is an actual term but most won’t know what that means.[/quote]

Your not a deist if your catholic.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

I swear there’s a name for that, I just can’t place it.[/quote]I believe you are grasping for “bonehead”.
[/quote]
Wow, the namecalling starts early here.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you failed. You don’t even know what you believe or don’t believe in. Just fucking pick one!

A. You believe in God
B. You don’t believe in God

It’s really not that complicated. You just like to drag it out into some “reason and logic” filled idea.

CS

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you failed. You don’t even know what you believe or don’t believe in. Just fucking pick one!

A. You believe in God
B. You don’t believe in God

It’s really not that complicated. You just like to drag it out into some “reason and logic” filled idea.

CS[/quote]

You just don’t get it, do you?

[quote]sufiandy wrote:[quote]pat wrote:No where near… I am a deist.[/quote]Your not a deist if your catholic.[/quote]Ow.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

Holy hell, has pat renounced Catholicism???

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

Your not a deist if your catholic.[/quote]

You have to be a deist to be a theist, you to be a theist to be a Christian, you have to be a Christian to be a Catholic.

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

Holy hell, has pat renounced Catholicism???[/quote]

No, I have long espoused the notion that creation itself is sufficient for recognizing God’s existence, outside and separate from organized religion. His creation speaks to his existence, his faith, speaks to us about Him.

[quote]pat wrote:<<< You have to be a deist to be a theist, you have to be a theist to be a Christian, you have to be a Christian to be a Catholic.[/quote]For all of your obvious intelligence, you are one confused man Pat.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

CS[/quote]

[/quote]

Your not a deist if your catholic.[/quote]

You have to be a deist to be a theist, you to be a theist to be a Christian, you have to be a Christian to be a Catholic.[/quote]

Deists believe God never intervened in our world, if your a deist by definition you cannot be a theist.

I renounced my faith today; contacted the diocese and formally renounced my catholicism.