Calisthenics with the 5/3/1

Hey guys i just jointed the site to get some additional information regarding powerlifting. I am going to be starting the 5/3/1 program with a bench of 200 squat of 250 and deadlift at 300 at 140 pound bodyweight.

Here is my probably regarding the routine though. I love doing calisthenics and would like to have a day for all calisthenics such as muscle ups pull ups dips box jumps rope climbs etc… But i do not know how to incorporate that type of training into the 5/3/1 program.

My main goal is to be as strong as possible but also be very agile for lack of a better word. I’m hoping to compete in the 148 class powerlifting sometime and eventually make my way up to 165 and then 181 and maintain there. I just need some helpful hints or a basic 5/3/1 program with a calisthenic day involved. Thanks,
Eric

The BW assitance template that Jim lays out in the book would let you incorporate calisthenics with every session. If you’re set on having a BW only day, do 5/3/1 3 days a week and have a fourth day for BW only (M,T,Th for 5/3/1 and BW on Sat).

just use the body weight stuff as your accessory lifts.

If your main focus is powerlifting than calisthenics should be used as assistance. Jumps are very easy to incorporate into the training. I usually just do 3 sets of 5 before a lower body day unless I’m going for a PR jump. Dips, pull ups, body ups,etc can easily fit into your upper body day after your main lifts.