360 x 1
380 x 1… :slight_smile:
405 x 1 …(sling shot )
425 X 1…( sling shot )… :slight_smile:

Flat DB presses: 100 x 10 / 115 x 6 / 125 x 10

One arm DB rows : 100 x 10 / 125 x10 / 125 x 10 / 125 x 10

Tate presses : 40 x 10 / 50 x 10 / 65 x 6 /65 x 6

Arm curls : 3 x 10 x don’t care.

Feeling better, plus I loaded up on Monster Fuel.

Also got a entry form in the mail for the NASA state Meet in May. Trying to decide if I’m going to do it or not.

Bulldog, I tried again to PM but I was not successful. I look forward to reading your log, and I am sure you will give me a ton of inspiration and ideas. Even though I seem unable to respond to PM’s right now I would like to know how you like the slingshot as a training aid.

Keep em coming!

BB

[quote]Big Bencher wrote:
Bulldog, I tried again to PM but I was not successful. I look forward to reading your log, and I am sure you will give me a ton of inspiration and ideas. Even though I seem unable to respond to PM’s right now I would like to know how you like the slingshot as a training aid.

Keep em coming!

BB[/quote]

I aware of your PM issues .So don’t worry about it.

I appreciate your vote of confidence in regards to this log. I ve said this on many of occasions, I’m just surprised that anyone would read this thing. Plus the notion that someone could get anything from it definitely surprises the Hell out of me.

Ill be honest in regards to the Sling Shot. I think it was one of the better training ideas Ive had in awhile. I feel for me its definitely helping me mentally since I’m more secure in taking out heaver weight. Plus it is allowing me to place a more extreme overload on myself while at the same time its reducing the stress on my shoulder joints. The only real issue with it is trying to get a feel for when to use it and how often. Of course it going to be awhile before I can be certain how big of a impact its going to have at this point. Manly because Ive change so many variables in my bench training ,its going to be hard for me to say for certain the actual benefit from it.

Quick observation. After looking over my last Meet dead lifts. It occurred to me that I need to drop my ass.No wonder I was having issues DUH!! I was damn near doing a Stiff legged pull and not a proper Dead. UGH!!!

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
I ve said this on many of occasions, I’m just surprised that anyone would read this thing. Plus the notion that someone could get anything from it definitely surprises the Hell out of me.[/quote]

It’s gold, man. You’re doing newbies like me a great service.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I find it incredibly educational to read about other people’s training experiences. And the fact that we can embed videos is the icing on the cake.

Keep em coming!

BB[/quote]

I appreciate your vote of confidence in regards to this log. I ve said this on many of occasions, I’m just surprised that anyone would read this thing. Plus the notion that someone could get anything from it definitely surprises the Hell out of me.

Ill be honest in regards to the Sling Shot. I think it was one of the better training ideas Ive had in awhile. I feel for me its definitely helping me mentally since I’m more secure in taking out heaver weight. Plus it is allowing me to place a more extreme overload on myself while at the same time its reducing the stress on my shoulder joints. The only real issue with it is trying to get a feel for when to use it and how often. Of course it going to be awhile before I can be certain how big of a impact its going to have at this point. Manly because Ive change so many variables in my bench training ,its going to be hard for me to say for certain the actual benefit from it.[/quote]

How much you wanna bet we have a sling shot soon?

[quote]Canada_K wrote:

I ve said this on many of occasions, I’m just surprised that anyone would read this thing. Plus the notion that someone could get anything from it definitely surprises the Hell out of me.[/quote]

[/quote]
I would NOT go as far as calling it gold…
When you point out that I might be doing some newbies a service. I feel sorta of humbled. Well if that’s actually the case ,I guess I should go more in detail why I do what I do from time to time. Because I don’t want someone emulation my training when they shouldn’t. It kinda of funny since most of the reason I post is for selfish reason. Manly just to vent and to force myself to work harder since I know my training numbers are being viewed.

By the way thanks for the compliment.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
I can’t speak for anyone else, but I find it incredibly educational to read about other people’s training experiences. And the fact that we can embed videos is the icing on the cake.[/quote]
Watch it KP , You mention “educational” that comes close to implying that I might have a clue.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

Keep em coming!

BB[/quote]

Ill be honest in regards to the Sling Shot. I think it was one of the better training ideas Ive had in awhile. I feel for me its definitely helping me mentally since I’m more secure in taking out heaver weight. Plus it is allowing me to place a more extreme overload on myself while at the same time its reducing the stress on my shoulder joints. The only real issue with it is trying to get a feel for when to use it and how often. Of course it going to be awhile before I can be certain how big of a impact its going to have at this point. Manly because Ive change so many variables in my bench training ,its going to be hard for me to say for certain the actual benefit from it.[/quote]

How much you wanna bet we have a sling shot soon?[/quote]

Im getting the feeling that it might be obvious. Enjoy the new toy :slight_smile:

Not to depress everyone but; I will start cancer treatment (33 radiation and 3 separate chemos) for neck cancer on 2/2. I have been powerlifting/bodybuilding for forty years (56 years old.) I wanted everyone’s advice on working-out during the treatments and the nutrition that will be liquid through the mouth or through a feeding tube. I will try a 3x5 2to 3 days a week and if I can not lift much I may do the century (100 reps) workout for light weight. Please advise…

1/26/11

Warm up :the normal

Had to wait on damn class again. Ended up pressed for time.

Squat: Bar x 10
135 x 10
200 x 5
250 x 5
300 x 3
375 x 5 …added belt,groin was feeling pretty good at this point
425 x 3…added briefs to play it safe
470 x 1
500 x 1
525 x 1… been awhile

Band GM’s 5 x 20 x green band

Kneeling cable crunches : 5 x 10 x stack

Well I had plenty off power out of the hole. But almost lost it.

Need to Blast the hell out of my mid section time to add some oblique work along with more GM’s and heavy walk outs.

Does it feel different to use briefs as opposed to suit bottoms. I can pullem up when I get going with the suits. YOU are as strong as you want to be Bulldog.

BB

Big, big squats!

You are very insightful as far as your training goes and what does and doesn’t work for you. I have training diaries going back to 1991, but I’ve never actually sat down and looked at them to see what’s worked best for me over the years.

Wow, that’s some heavy squat weight you’re using man! If you had plenty of power out of the hole, how did you almost lose it?

How much over your 1 rm do you do your walk outs with? I’m definitely going to start doing some after I finsh my current cycle (to take away that shock/fear when going for a max) and I may do a slow negative with it afterwards. Only 1 though because I’m too lazy to load up the bar again.

Was that post above put in the wrong place? It seemed a bit out of context.

Great work Bulldog.

Does it feel different to use briefs as opposed to suit bottoms. I can pullem up when I get going with the suits. YOU are as strong as you want to be Bulldog.

BB[/quote]

I cant answer that. Since the only thing gear wise ive used at this point are the groove briefs. Sorry .

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Big, big squats!
[/quote]

Thanks Little Lady .

[quote]FarmerBrett wrote:
You are very insightful as far as your training goes and what does and doesn’t work for you. I have training diaries going back to 1991, but I’ve never actually sat down and looked at them to see what’s worked best for me over the years.

Wow, that’s some heavy squat weight you’re using man! If you had plenty of power out of the hole, how did you almost lose it?

How much over your 1 rm do you do your walk outs with? I’m definitely going to start doing some after I finsh my current cycle (to take away that shock/fear when going for a max) and I may do a slow negative with it afterwards. Only 1 though because I’m too lazy to load up the bar again.

Was that post above put in the wrong place? It seemed a bit out of context.

Great work Bulldog.[/quote]

Ill be honest about it. My biggest issue (you can ask my wife) is that I analysis the hell out of every thing. Be it my lifting or nitpicking the hell out of a movie. But on the down side I over think to much in regards to my lifting and it been holding me back. Right now am taking the hell with it attitude and taking what I do know and running it threw my “Gut”. More or less I’m just trusting my instincts right now mixed in with common sense. Im sorta using this as a motto i came across a few years ago " Getting stronger is not only a science but a art form".Lets see how that goes for me.

In regards to losing it. Basically what happen was the bar started to come forward. Basically I lost tightness .Same damn thing happened at my last Meet.

Now for the heavy walk outs I’m just playing with the idea. What really has my interest peaked is getting back in the garage and integrating reverse band squats into the mix. My mind set though is similar as yous in that regards. I just feel the need to adjust mentally and physical to heavier loads.

Which post do you mean? If its the one regarding the poor fellow with cancer. I think so .

OK I would like to share with everyone the Horror that is the Local YMCA. Above is a pic I scanned from a Calender published by are local Chamber of" local businesses ". In it is a pic of are local Y weight room. Look in the right upper hand corner. Notice all the bosu balls? To the left of that area is the power rack. That area is where the hold there functional training class. Great place for a power rack.( so now see why I have to wait to squat 90% of the time) By the way ,a large percentage of the younger guys that go there resembles the douchebag in the picture.

[quote]Canada_K wrote:

[/quote]
I would NOT go as far as calling it gold…
When you point out that I might be doing some newbies a service. I feel sorta of feel humbled. Well if that’s actually the case ,I guess I should go more in detail why I do what I do from time to time. Because I don’t want someone emulation my training when they shouldn’t. It kinda of funny since most of the reason I post is for selfish reason. Manly just to vent and to force myself to work harder since I know my training numbers are being viewed.

By the way thanks for the compliment.[/quote]

You - and others like you - are absolutely doing newbies a great service. I’ve learned a ton from this group over the past year.