Building Back Strength

Over the past 4 months I’ve lost about 40 pounds and gotten much leaner but have lost a lot of strength. I competed in April and injured my back and trained volume exclusively for about 6 weeks. I’m looking to get strength back while still trying to get more lean. I went from about 248 at my heaviest and I’m down to about 210 now and around 14% BF.

All this being said I plan on going down to about 10% BF and am wondering what would be the method to get some strength back while getting lean.

I also believe that there were some changes in leverages due to the weight loss and am still trying to figure some form issues out.

The only thing that will materialize more strength is more time under the bar. How has your training looked? You may find you respond somewhat differently to volume now.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
The only thing that will materialize more strength is more time under the bar. How has your training looked? You may find you respond somewhat differently to volume now.[/quote]

I agree with this. Plus I would start replacing some of the amounts of volume with a higher intensity level (obviously going as far as your previous injury allows). If you have fully recovered from your injury then you want to start slow and work your way back up into it. either way spar4tee is right, what you really need is more time under the bar

I’ve definitly been under the bar a lot more lately and i have stepped up the intensity during my volume work and i have changed form hypertrophy work to more lift specific accessory work. Thanks for the advice!

On a side note, congrats on the 40 lb loss…

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:
On a side note, congrats on the 40 lb loss…[/quote]

Thanks a lot man, much happier being lean than I used to be.